Nidhi would like you to review his/her blog.
[ ]

What do you think about my blog? Will review your blog too, let me know.

Nidhi
Nidhi
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Opinions about anything and everything on the face of the earth. 

I've been blogging pretty sporadically for a while, hoping to pick up speed again. Writer's block possibly. Cry

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: Subject
Replies 1 to 8 of 8

I dont think it would be fare for me having no idea about intelectual write up to comment on your content but as per other aspect concern,

• Theme may need work out.. Black aint quite looking good.
  • Please consider using "read more" feature in main page.

Thanks..

R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
13 years ago

To a fellow Bangalorean, Waaasssaaaaappppp!!!!!

Hey Nidhi, hope this msg finds u healthy, wealthy n wise.  Glad 2 see ur blog n glad 2 hv the opportunity 2 review it.  So here it goes:

1. You come across as person with a very high degree of intelligence and u also exhibit a strong sense of structure and organizing skills n all these traits r fairly well reflected in ur blog;  Frm a content perspective, ur blog has that high intelligence quotient n frm a delivery front, I like the neat n uncluttered way u layout ur posts n the care that u take to present them.   I get this feel that u put in a lot of thought for even a 'dot' in ur text as reflected in choosing double space between the words that u want to highlight or in choosin 2 justify ur text to align it to both left n right margins 2 give it 'cleaner' look.  Also, It's nice to see ur evolution as a blogger/writer, as I think you have been steadily improving on these traits with time, as seen wrt to ur older blogs.  Also, I wanna add that ur earlier signature of 'Devil's Own' and the black background adds a certain sense of sophistication.  So simply great work on content n on the effort tht u take 2 bring out such an ordered n structured presentation, Nidhi!!!

2. I have a thing for pictures, especially when they are personal blogs; I always feel that a personal blog should carry a pic so that the reader can relate better to ur views.  A blog on cooking may not require a pic of the author but I feel a blog that captures personal opinions shud carry the author's pic.  I've noticed that great people usually exhibit this trait; case in point - me.  :)  Jokes apart, I think the fact that ur blog hs ur pic develops an instant connect with the reader.  Superlike!!

3. Frequency: I think the only thing u need 2 focus on is frequency on postings.  Just bringin 2 ur notice, I think I knw two other blogs with the similar sounding titles as ur own - nt sayin tht u shud change urs, just bringin it 2 ur notice. :)

So, in conclusion, Focus on frequency n Nidhi, I think u'll hv it made... otherwise, Great content n even superb presentation.  :)

All the very best n I follow thee.... :)

Always a pleasure critizin others.

Keep rockin, Nidhi!!!

R-A-J

:)

R-A-J
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Oh, btw, frgot 2 add one more bit...funny tht it's already covered in the next point....thrz tons of literature tht'll tell u against usin a black background.. even Google Adsense does nt recommend it apparently... u mite need2take a call on whtr u need 2 change tht or not..but my take is...it gives ur blog a sense of sophistication... n more importantly, u cn differentitae ur blog frm the others.. thr r nt many blogs out thr wid a black background, so u cn use it as ur differentiator..

Hope dis helps, Nidhi.

All da best!

R-A-J

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Cool.. looks like you are Floyd fan..! Nice blog, good write-ups, i have gone through a couple of your posts.  Some things I would have changed if it were mine.

1. I personally dont like black backgrounds, becuase you cannot stare at a black background for long and read lengthy posts. Its my personal opinion however. Try to give it a lighter shade.

2.  Put in some more socialize buttons, like FB and Buzz. 

3. If you can divide the widgets equally on the left and teh right side of the content. would look good, symentrical and more balanced. This was as i go down the page, the content is too centrally aligned and gives a idea of space watsage.

Blog On!sauvik 

SanjanaM
SanjanaM
from New Delhi/New York
13 years ago

I read a few posts - well written!

I don't mind the black background.

Do check out my blog -

http://marmaladeskies-sanjanam.blogspot.com/

Nidhi
Nidhi
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hey there fellow bloggers. 

Thank you all for your reviews of my blog. Appreciate your opinion. I am trying to focus on the frequency as I have been very sporadic, point taken.

Will also see what I can do to make the alignment/space utilization better.

As for the black background, hmm.. I get where everyone's coming from. Will try to get myself to do that... I am too attached to black though, let's see if I can get around to doing that. 

Will look at your blogs and post back here! Smile 

Thanks again! 

Nidhi
Nidhi
from Bangalore
13 years ago

@Sanjana - Hey! Clicking on your link doesn't take me to your blog. It says blog not found. You may want to check on that

Karthik B
Karthik B
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Hi Nidhi,

Firstly, loved the signature in your posts.. "Devil's own"!!

And the post about your 100 truths.. I wish I take that template of those truths and fill in and post it on my blog.. does that have any copyrights??  :)

drop by my blog when you get time - http://thelubberwort.blogspot.com and let me know your comments..

Happy  Blogging!!

Nidhi
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hi Karthik. Thank you for the kind comments. Haha, and there's no copyright on the questions template, the copyright would only cover my answers. ;) Feel free to answer those questions on your blog too. It's one of those tagathons where you get tagged by fellow bloggers if you don't find a good enough spot to hide. ;) Sure will drop by your blog!

Karthik B
Karthik B
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Hi Nidhi.. Yeah.. I gave some of those questions to some select few.. :)