Jaai Vipra would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.veronicaunadulterated.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 24

Review my blog and I swear on Wodehouse I'll review yours back

Jaai Vipra
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Random commentary on everything under the sun

Replies 1 to 16 of 16

Congrats, you have a good blog with great content. Few Suggestions:

1) You can get rid of footer bar and keep same on the right side bar itself.

2) Back ground seems to be slightly distracting with the post area (my feeling). You can work on creating a contract between BG and content area.

3) There seems to be too much of scrolling, which most readers do not prefer to do. You can do either of following:

•    Reduce no. of post in a page to 2-3 max.
  •  OR Use a snippet view at the home page with a 'Read More' option.

4) Header, seems to be hidden with the 'less- contrast' back ground. You can work on color schems to make it standing out.

That's all. Keep blogging, You have wonderful content. God Bless You!

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
13 years ago

Why did you change the background? The new one is a little bit distracting. Your posts are always a pleasure to read. Don't worry about frequency and just write whenever you feel like it. Play around with the format and design until you're totally happy. Take opinions from readers, old and young about colours, size of text etc. Enjoy blogging!

Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I am only glad about the honour :) I really like your post about Bhushan's movement, though I may not necessarily agree with it. I mean, it's a big deal that I still like the post. And your new template/theme/design/whatever is perfect.

Thanks for the link, it's very helpful!

Jaai Vipra
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Nishana: Thanks a lot for reviewing my log and following it as well! I'm unlucky with backgrounds. Where do I get the snippet view?

Your blog (Insights) is great; fresh, different content and personalised news, but is it my browser or is word verification playing havoc with commenting? And you think a lot like me ;)

Jaai Vipra
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Pundit Commentator: Thanks for the unselfish review even if you know I already follow your blog :) 

Thanks for the frequency advice, I was really worried aout tht. Everyone seemed to be saying, "Write everyday,". I can't.

As for your blog, I'm a fan. Are you a journalist?

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
13 years ago

Hey Jaai.

Just signed into IndiBlogger after a long time. For the moment, I prefer to remain anonymous! Thank you so much for being my first loyal Indian reader. I'm so glad that title goes to you, a fellow excellent blogger and Delhi-Mumbai lover and all around lovely person.

It's good to set yourself goals so that you stay engaged with your blog and your readers. For the days you lack inspiration, you could just upload a photo or video that means something special to you. Guest blogging is another way to go.

I found a couple of helpful how-to websites on blogging tips. Have a look at www.creativebloggingideas.com I think you will find the blog traffic and blog design series helpful.

You're a good writer. That is the foundation.

Jaai Vipra
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Nishana: I mean blog. Stupid keyboard.

@Jaidev: Thanks a lot, stranger, for taking the time out to review and for leaving a comment as well :)

As for your blog, the posts are too long! if you absolutely must write that much, maybe you should serialise them. The Google thing was really good!

Jaai Vipra
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Nishana: I mean blog. Stupid keyboard.

@Jaidev: Thanks a lot, stranger, for taking the time out to review and for leaving a comment as well :)

As for your blog, the posts are too long! if you absolutely must write that much, maybe you should serialise them. The Google thing was really good!

Jaai Vipra
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Oh well. You proably have lots of interested readers already.

I really like your breezy but considered tone, Jaai. You have a talent for saying something perceptive and saying it articulately and quickly, leaving the reader plenty of room to think more on the topic if they wish. Good work, keep it up!

Anirban
Anirban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

I really don't think you need to post snippets. Your entries are short and sweet as it is. I won't talk too much about the design - I personally find it quite pleasing, but a little more of YOUR opinions on the topics would add a personal punch to the proceedings...

Anirban
Anirban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

BTW, swear on Wodehouse?? That alone deserves a review and a follow, irrespective of whether you review or follow me :-)

"everything under the sun" seems so perfect...

I really enjoyed "For advancing is..." nd "NO i didnt fail..." :)

not tht i didnt like d oders...awesome sense of writing :)

Tc

Keep Blogging

http://anoopsays.blogspot.com/2010/11/asterix-and-call-of-duty.html

Jaai Vipra
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Barnaby: Thanks a lot! That was my aim, now I think of it. Are you the same guy who calls himself an NRI for some reason? Sorry, too lazy to open that blog and check. 

The blog you've posted here, though, is really, really good. I love the header, and thanks for reminding me of Christhurch. And wow, you've been blogging for a long time. I liked how you could state music took away the cold and not raise eyebrows (not mine, anyway.)

@Anirban: Thank you! :) I'm trying not to have too many opinions. The world disappoints. :D And now that I've sworn on Wodehouse, I can't back out, not for all eternity. 

The Sherlock Holmes post makes me want to watch the movie. And " with the combined malice of a million Moriartys"...hahahahaha. I clicked the "Follow" button immediately :) And the World Cup post was really, really brave. You risked getting murdered. Keep it up!

@Anoop: Does it? Thank you! Yes, I'm partial to the Arts post. :) Thanks a lot!

Again, I love the header. The road trip post was really fun. I wouldn't have bet on it being fun just like that, but it was.

About the library, haha, poor you! And it's an extremely well-written post, you just need to iron out a few (inadvertent, I'm sure) grammatical mistakes.

By the way, am I too lazy or do all of you write extra-long posts?

Thanks a lot!!

and you could bet it was fun...cos it reeally was... :D

and please do forgive my inglis... ;)

dont worry about the length of your posts as long as you write such awesome ones!!

Tc

Jaai Vipra
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Barnaby: Oh wait, your brother wrote it. See, that's what comes out of extra-long posts. Sorry. :P And I went through the next post and found out you're the "NRI." I was right! *celebrates*

Jaai Vipra
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Anoop: "Ah! Tinkle!" 

Where has your blog been all this time?

LOL!!! :D

Hi Jaai - well I'm certainly not an NRI, more of an RNI. But I do indeed write for 'The NRI', am one of a team of writers there.

And that post was in fact written by me. But what the hell, my brother always deserves extra credit, he's a great guy! Brevity is not my strong suit, by the way, so I say carry on the way you're doing it.

Have you visited Christchurch?

Jaai Vipra
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hahaha, RNI. Nice. It's a magazine or something? I feel stupid.

No, I haven't visited it. I'd forgotten it what with Japan and all.