Janhvi would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://jojofeelings.wordpress.com ] IndiRank: 36

Would love to get some feedback

Janhvi
Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

My blog,Thoughtful Thoughts, is as the name suggests, about the thoughts that cross my mind ans stay. I do not have a fixed topic theme or anything on those lines. It would be great if you could review my blog and also if I could get a ranking. 

Thanks a ton everyone who came upto here. And double thanks to the reviewers.

Take care everyone.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: changes in the name etc
Replies 1 to 20 of 20
Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I like your style of writing.

You should have your email subscription and RSS feed right on top of the sidebar. The indiblogger image should be moved down. Your "Me" photo leads to the facebook login page. Perhaps you should consider a "Me" page on your blog.

Nice and simple theme, just the way blogs should be. See if you can change the outer grey shade into a darker one. This one is as per personal preference, really.

Your random mind is not so random. There is good structure and coherence to your serious posts. Thats a good thing.

Keep it up!

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thanks for the review. One by one : I think I do have an email subscription, but will check. Will add the RSS Feed too. I tried adding a me page once, but it didn't show the way i wished it to; will try that again too. As for the background, don't get me wrong, but i rather like it the way it is.

And being completely honest, i never saw my serious posts like that. Thanks for throwing a new light.

Take care. 

Ganeshreddy
Ganeshreddy
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I like your template being very simple and clear. i think a lot of space is being wasted in the two sides, i guess you can increase the width by modifying the template. and also you can FOLLOW ME gadget as well.

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thank you for reviewing. And i'll try and add the follow me gadget asap.

Prerna Jain
Prerna Jain
from Mumbai
12 years ago

i love ur passion turns obsessive post a lot! :) u write very well...great going

cheers

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

thanks prerna. Before anything else, you have a great smile. :)

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

hey! I said the background thing was a personal preference, didnt I? :o)

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Yes you did, but I guess I still changed it. The idea took roots in my head.  :)

Vishal
Vishal
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Wow nice posts there..keep up the good work keep on writing

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thanks a lot. :)

Pratik Nikam
Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

Ohh Nice Posts :) Just keep it up and keep posting :)All the Best :) 

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thanks so much for reviewing.

Gayatri (Mystic)
Gayatri (Mystic)
from Dombivli
12 years ago

Indeed a great blog you have there!!!

Loved the posts "Love... is?" and "Passion turns Obssesive".

Keep writing.

Good Luck!!

Regards.

http://lyfsjouorney.blogspot.com

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thank you. Am happy you liked the posts. 

Aniruddh
Aniruddh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

nice posts u have got...fan of your "love is?" post especially......

keep it up...

reviwe my blog 

http://aniruuud.blogspot.com/

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thanks a ton for reviewing. :)

Am glad you liked the post.

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

The layout is a little dark.. and clustered in the main article part.

I super Like the article on Barney :) .. will try and read more ..ATB ..

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thanks so much for the review. Will work on the cluttered part. And I am happy you liked the article. :)

What Ho!
What Ho!
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi Janhvi, read a few articles on your blog.  You've already gotten a lot of 'technical' feedback. So, will restrict my comments to the other categories.

1. You write well. Your writing comes across as honest and sincere. That's your biggest strength. Keep this mind and don't lose this. You might be tempted to write about popular stuff just because that's what people want to read. Don't. Write about stuff that you care about.

2. Try and pick a couple of themes for your topics. Pop culture, television shows are good topics. You can't write about Barney Stinson and a philosophical piece on Simplicity in the same breath.  Or categorize your posts accordingly and let the readers choose easily the kind of material they'd like to read

3. Change your title and tagline. There are 100million+ blogs out there. 99 million call themselves random this and random that. While humility is always praiseworthy, show some self belief and confidence and name your blog accordingly. Trust me, no one wants to hear from a random mind, except their own :-)  A title could be 'Gurgaon Calling' or 'Snippets from here and there' - anything that does not have the word random in it :-)

Hope this is useful. happy blogging. Hope you get many readers and more importantly, continue to have fun with this. cheers!

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thatnks a million ton for such a thought of and detailed review. Am truly very thankful to you.

Also thanks for liking my writing style. To be honest, it has been tempting to write on things that are popular, but have fought it more or less till now and hope to continue to do so.

Moving on, I chose a simple basic theme for my blog but it has a lot of drawbacks... It doesn't let me categorize.... will change my theme... as well as the name and tagline... 

Thanks again. :)

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
12 years ago

Starting with the looks; clean and systematically arranged( Sorry to say, in copyright section, change the spelling of 'site'). I love the fact that you have variety in your content; from Barney to commercials and from personal experiences to poems. Now about your writing, I like your posts as they are in simple English, sincere and catchy as you put a nice picture. In all, your blog is great...

I am no one to show candles to a blogger to your standing. Great work!!!

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thank you so much for the great compliments... and I believe that in the blogosphere, no one has any standing... you write as well (if not better) as me.............

Take care.

Ishita
Ishita
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Dear Janhvi,

Very nice articles and intelligent blog!!!

I liked your analysis and perspective of looking at different aspects and then expressing is views..Marvellous..amazing...

I loved the concept..thoughtful thoughts...Overall a great site...

Best Regards,

Ishita Sharama

visit my site - http://www.investmentbazar.com

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thank you so much Ishita. Compliments mean so much when they come from readers. Will endaveour to keep the site pleasing for you all readers.

:)

We Cognize
We Cognize
from Earth
12 years ago

You have a blog with sound and novel thoughts.Glad to have found a blogger with similar thought processes :) Basically being there and reading what you had to say was a good experience for me. 

Keep blogging and hope you take it to new heights ! :)

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thank you so much for the review and compliments. Am happy I found a like minded blogger too.

Hope the blog keeps living up to the expectations.

Ankit Malhotra
Ankit Malhotra
from Bangalore
12 years ago

First of all a great blog....

it conatins many sound thoughts which i like very much... I also liked the new title of your blog "Thoughtful Thoughts"

Your blog contains many things of wisdom which you cant find in any book. Your perspective of looking at various things is also amazing. My favourite thing about your blog is your writing style. You know what to write and what you write makes a complete sense and this is what makes you different from the other bloggers.

You write with full passion which makes your blog a wonderful blog. Your dedication towards your blog shows that you can be a very good writer also, so start working on a story.

Good Luck

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thank you so much ankit for such a positive feedback. It makes me proud of my blog.

Avra Kay
Avra Kay
from Chennai
12 years ago
Its a very nice blog indeed and i enjoyed reading some of your posts. Anything that comes with passion and from your heart is yours and nobody can take that away from you! Happy blogging and keep writing... :)
Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thanks a lot. Am glad you liked it.

Binu Thomas
Binu Thomas
from New Jersey
12 years ago

Here's my review:

Topic Selection: Random. Although many say that you should have a niche area (say Humor, Sports etc), I personally don't believe so. I like the randomness in your topics. Your analysis is very well explained.

Blog look-n-feel: Simple and straight-forward. I personally prefer blog pages which are simple. 

Language: Crisp. Simple English (catering to a larger audience) 

And it seems you have already implemented most of the suggestions mentioned above.

Happy Blogging !! Smile

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thank you so much for spending this much time on my blog and for reviewing. :)

sowmya
sowmya
from india.
12 years ago

simple template with superb content very perky blog :)

keep blogging & smiling always :)

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thank you so much. Sorry got late in seeing this review.

LeoPaw
LeoPaw
from Kerala
12 years ago

Hi Jahhvi,

The blog template looks neat, and well arranged. Consider having a home page with list of posts and small exerpts from each. I believe that will make the home page more appealing & make navigation easy for readers.

Like the idea of "Challenge Accepted"

Loved going through your blog. Simple and creative and straight from your heart. Like your passion for writing.

Keep giving us more. 

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Hi,

thanks a lot for the compliments and the review. Am really happy that you like the blog. 

As for the home page, will try it soon.

Ameya Sonkusale
Ameya Sonkusale
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Your thoughts are very fresh.. Yearns for addiction! :)

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thank you so much for the appreciation. Sorry I got informed of this valuable feedback of your's so late. Happy Blogging.

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
  • Lovely name. Its nice that even thoughts can be thoughtful. :)
  • Varying content. Can write anything, anywhere, almost any time ;) good attitude.
  • Lots of different widgets, in a well arranged order.
  • Not sure of the Twitter widget though. If its only a blog account, then ok, but if u tweet personal tweets, wont that be visible on ur blog too?
  • Shouldn't the "Care to join me" part asking for theme suggestions be more higher up?
  • You could add the RSS widget too. Medium size, both image and text (in the widget settings).
Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Thanks for the compliments. As for the the suggestions, will implement them. :)