Ashwini would like you to review his/her blog.
[ ]

Have a minute.....please review my blog

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Sunnyvale
15 years ago

Dear friend, If you have a minute to spare, do visit my blog at http://tandoorilounge.com

Edited 15 years ago
Reason: just a new title
Replies 1 to 17 of 17
Ashwini
Ashwini
from Sunnyvale
15 years ago

Thanks Kadambari, The header image is a shot of a cherry on the ground when I had gone cherry picking. That gives me an idea! To write a cover or rather a 'header' story. will post shortly......

Ashwini

Adesh Sidhu
Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
15 years ago

Nice photographs. You effectively use photographs to tell stories. Simple and uncluttered design.

Keep blogging.

PS - I will try one of your chicken marinades. 

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Sunnyvale
15 years ago

Thanks Adesh. Do check out more recipes in the coming weeks.

AJCL
AJCL
from Singapore
15 years ago

Layout: too good

Photography: Excellent

Jiya: Tooooooooo cute

Ur writing style: effortless

all in all a nice blog

glad i chanced upon this one..

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Sunnyvale
15 years ago

Thanks a lot Aparna. I love your blog too. Keep up the good work!!

Varun
Varun
from Perth
15 years ago

Hey Ashwini! 

The first thing that caught my eye in your page is the header image. I was pretty sure you'd shot it urself. As a person who did the same with my page, I felt good to find company. 

White, two-column,... layout's as clean as it could be! considering how much it could help reading in comfort, great choice. 

third, terrific pics of the Golden Gate bridge. good to know you're a photographer too but I think we're rivals - cos Im a Nikon user! Laughing

I read ur 'about me' page, 'engineer-mom-photographer-artist-chef -blogger'? now thats a resume  most would envy.

I wanted to ask something,.. as photographers, we do believe most photographs look good on a white background. But some snaps look good on a black background, better than a white one. how did you zero in one a white background?

nice page and content! 

Cheers!

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Sunnyvale
15 years ago

Hey Varun, thanks for your generous praise.

I played with a lot of themes before zeroing on the MIstylook theme as I liked the idea of a custom header image. And to think about it I did select a black background initially but figured that it was too harsh on the eyes for prolonged reading so decied to go with the white. But I completely agree that a lot of pictures need the black to give them that extra edge.

And yes, we are rivals as I am a total Canon loyalist but I do talk to and befriend the enemy!!

Varun
from Perth
15 years ago

'enemy'!! good to hear that! please do drop into my blog sometime. and please let me know if you thought the header image that I shot was good and if it suits the page. 

and, if you get the time, do read the posts as well. An enemy's comments are more significant than a friend's, isn't it?Wink

Varun
from Perth
15 years ago

and about the request being granted on arrival at san francisco, If I ever sit on that flight from Perth to SF, which is almost half way around the world, probably seasons would've changed before I'd get down! Laughing

I have been thinking of putting up some pics on my blog, will do it very soon! thanks!

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Sunnyvale
15 years ago

Varun, My apologies for being a bit harsh, maybe not the 'enemy' but definitely, 'the other side'....And I loved the header shot on your page, but not so sure if it goes with Ocean Mist, might be more appropriate with brown/sepia or orange/rust background, what do you think?

Dear all, please take a moment to look through Tandoori Lounge.....Thanks in advance.

Varun
from Perth
15 years ago

hey! 

Cmon, that was a good sport to talk manufacturer loyalty in a thread about blog reviews. It wasn't offensive at all. 

I did realise it might do well with a sepia (wasn't sure about the orange) but I have a problem which you might not face as you have ur own host. mine's only a blog and hence the limited templates. I'd upgrade things pretty soon. Please keep dropping by and I just read ur comment. I replied as well. 

thanks

(and on that manufacturer loyalty note, I'm really interested in finding out which manufacturer is doing well here on Indiblogger)

hey ashwini really nice blog with great content really intersting...

keep it up gr8 job

have a look at my blog http://k10autoworld.blogspot.com/

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Sunnyvale
15 years ago

Thanks Ketan, will certainly check out yours.

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Sunnyvale
15 years ago

hey guys, do spare a glance and express your two cents on my blog

much appreciated,

ashwini

Sourish
Sourish
from Varanasi
15 years ago

visiting ur blog and finding such a sweet post was bliss...commented on it too...and the layout was simple and uncomplicated...overall i liked it... :)

Roshmi Sinha
Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

A nice, neat blog with a misleading name Wink and some wonderful pics - including the one on the header and those of your little bundle of joy! Your blog is easy to navigate and a pleasure to read...

Keep up the good work!

http://notapennyformythoughts.blogspot.com/

Joydip Chakladar
Joydip Chakladar
from kolkata
15 years ago

Hi Ashwini,

Your header picture is Just great . The blog is also very beautiful.

Regards

Joydip

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Sunnyvale
15 years ago

Sourish, Roshmi and Joydip, Thanks a ton for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

Roshmi - I agree with the misleading name, although I like to call it a little twist ;-) Thanks for the candid comment.

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Sunnyvale
15 years ago

Urging all those readers and writers out there to please pay me a visit.......

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Sunnyvale
14 years ago

Dear readers, please do take a minute to visit and provide your two cents -

http://tandoorilounge.wordpress.com