Your reply has been posted. Use the "Track this topic" link to stay in the discussion.

Latest Dove contest, Happy New Year 2012, I pad2 Bonanza, let's share ideas

Latest Dove contest has instilled another fervor to write excellent posts, for IndiBloggers. Let's share difficulties & ideas to covet the glitterati iPad2.

link to page

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=45

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Captain Avi
Replies 21 to 40 of 207 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I thinks now DOVE should give us at least 20% discount on purchase of the  same at retail outlets Smile  Indibloggers have been promoting DOVE as unisex product

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
They have already given a 1000 RS hamper to everyone at Indi, Umesh!! They will have to shut shop if they give so much to Indies!!!
I know places where they are sold at 20% off in Delhi , In Khari baoli , in Delhi , wholesellers sell , every product at cheap prices. They are great stockists. People who know throng there.
Happy Diwali wishes to all friends on this thread.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Wish you the same Pramod

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

@ DS. Thanks. Its actually weird I kept on writing and thoughts kept on pouring :)

@Ranjith : Best of luck buddy :)

@Pramodji, Thanks sirji :)

@Umesh, they already are - by giving 1/4th moisturising cream in soaps Tongue out

And Lastly, Wishing you all a very happy Diwali and a prosperous new year ahead. May God dispel darkness and may RBI atleast once, dcrease the interest rates. May Govt. give you all year supply of petrol free :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Happy Diwali to you too Varun:) May all your wishes come true:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Thank you Varun and a happy Diwali Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Hope that Fiat does the task the next time instead of the Govt. Smile

GeEtS
GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago

my post related to the abovesaid topic is not visible in indivine  ..y:O

GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago

koi idar bhi reply kardo Surprised

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Even my post is not visible on indivine. May be they will display it only on the contest page. Let us wait and watch.

GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago

ok  Thanks:)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
The entries are presently hidden Geeta:)
GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago

ok DS thanks:)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You are welcome:) Happy Diwali.
GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago

Thanks !!Same to you :)

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I did not much think or care about my hair until I went bald during my treatment of Chemotherapy.. My blog is about the prodigal hair which I had lost and found. The contests on Indiblogger have been a great inspiration for me to think over the past and be grateful to what I have today...  The prizes are wonderful and makes me feel so proudCool. I am so indebted to the indibloggers who have always shown great support and love for me ... even when I have not been able to support them much in return. 

Good luck everyone for the new contests!!!

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
All the best Mam:) Its previlage to participate in contests which has contestants like you.

thanks Farida ji, best wishes are needed the most at this time. you are right, no one cares much of ,what he has ,until it is gone. 

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thank you so much  Pramod and DS .. you are making me blush. Indibloggers have always been nice and helpful to me.

Arif
Arif
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Guys, how do you take care of your hair? This contest definitely allows us to share some good practices and who knows something might click for you! :)

Personally, I am nobody without my hair. I just love them! What about you?

great Arif ji, me too,

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Head bath daily with shampoo and then oil ( none of them are dove Smile )

Arif
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Rajnity Very true. Do you oil on wet hair or allow them to dry - what has worked well for you?

Arif
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Pramod That's great, our hair is undoubtedly a part of our personality. :)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Don't the girls have much advantage over the boys in this contest?  SmileThey can weave stories of how they care for their hair even though they really don't do it. Smile 

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Why can't the males weave stories? They can even say they have long wavy hair which they tie into a pony tail and tell stories about what inspired them to grow their hair. Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Yes, I see a few students in my college having those pony tails and I always wonder if they are males or females and my doubt gets claered only after looking into their faces. Smile

What a confusion Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Lol:)
Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

You don't need to have long hair to care for them. Men can always talk about Body hair Tongue out How they shampoo and condition em :D

Right varun Ji, the writing creativity, artistry of words will steal the show. Go ahead and ace it. Best wishes , sincerely from heart.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Creativity knows no bounds! Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
True Varun.
Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

Thanks Pramod Ji :)

Mention not varun Ji
Wow all entries displayed and my cambridgized mind just set up. Behold friends, my take has started to shape up.
My benevolent hair wrote his autobiography. I had to stop him somehow, he was on to writing a whole bloody book.
Use bhi naya blogging ka shauk laga hai
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
What a post P:) Really well written, great account.

thanks D.S.

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

Aha. Best of Luck Pramod Lohia ji. Hope you rock the post. 

People : my post is here: http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=87228

Please vote if you like it :)

Thanks varun Ji .
I read your post from mobile , great post. Dude, I'll be commenting on it later.
Kalpit
Kalpit
from Jaipur
12 years ago

great great poem dude.

best of luck.

Kalpit
from Jaipur
12 years ago

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

Thanks Pramod Ji. The autobiography of hair rocks :)

thanks, dude. for reading such lengthy post.  

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

@ Kalpit Jain - Nicely crafted poem buddy :) Please check out my post and vote if you like it too :)

Kalpit
from Jaipur
12 years ago

so, 2 iPads occupied, 3 left for others! right? :P

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Everyone, 

Votes don't matter in the contest. You might have also noticed that the entries to the contest are now displayed in random order! Have fun! 

Yes, vineet Ji, I saw that, nice idea of random order,
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats an amazing idea SIRJI:) Hope it applies in other contests too:)
shwetha
shwetha
from Mangalore
12 years ago

I REALLY LOVE MY HAIR . BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY WOW MOMENTS TO SHARE IN THE CONTEST. SO I HAVE POSTED AS HOW TO TAKE CARE OF HAIR. IS IT OK?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I think anything to do with hair is OK:) Give it a try. All the Best:)

just think, and you will remember something. @shwetha ji. you may get some recollection on reading other posts.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup there is inspiration all around...
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Its fine! :) 

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Pramod ji is right, there must be a moment or two...

if not, look around & if still you don't find anything; write tips on hair care.

i'm sure you will manage. 

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

Thinking of penning one more post on hair. Hope it goes well. :)

go ahead varun ji, thumbs up.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats great, all the best:)
Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

All the best varun !! 

Swapna
Swapna
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that when you vote on some posts it is being counted twice and not on some others? Just wondering whether this is random or not?

Votes by higher ranked indies gets you 2 votes, per vote, some get you 1 vote only, Just luck. Swapna ji
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Pramod I think there is some mistake in your reply. The vote count depends on the IndiRank of the blog from which which the post has o0riginated and not the IndiRank of the one who votes for the post.

@ Swapna It depends on the IndiRank of your blog. Suppose you have an IndiRank of 74, each vote made for your post is equivalent to 1+ .74= 1.74

@Ranjith , it's vote giver's rank , & it is rounded off to the nearest whole no.It may be coupled with reciever's rank too. As per my understanding

ranjith, then why some body's vote gives you two, and somebody's vote gives you a single vote.

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@ pramod , your rank is 69 for Marriage book , so when somebody votes for your post , you get 1.69 for every vote . So when one person has voted your post, which means 1.69 rounded to 2 , so when you receive the next vote , the cumulative become 3.38 rounded to 3 (since its lesser than 3.5) . thus you get feeling that somebody's vote is counted has 2 and somebody's has 1 . That's it just divide no of vote received by you /by no of people actually voted for you , you will get the answer .

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Pramod The explanation given by dhiraj is correct. i saw a thread discussing the  same somewhere on the forum and even renie interpreting the same, if i am not wrong.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

No, that's a feature of IndiVine. The IndiVine voting system is integrated with IndiRank, where a vote for a higher ranking blog gets more weightage. Take for example the blog gujiligalaba.blogspot.com having an IndiRank of 55. Every vote for posts from this blog will have a value of (1 + .55 = 1.55). Votes are rounded off for display. All fresh entries on IndiVine start at 0 votes, regardless of the IndiRank.

From the FAQ page

Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

Yeah m completely agree with what Dhiraj said ! 

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

Yes Swapna I noted that too. But since the indivine votes do not matter and posts now, very rightly, are being, be default, shown randomly, I does not pose a big hazard in competition I guess :)

Yup
Swapna
from New Delhi
12 years ago

@pramod @ranjith @varun Thanks for your replies. I was not at all worried about the competition though. Just curious, being a newbie on Indiblogger I was not aware about this criteria for votes. Anyways I am glad that one more facet of Indiblogger has been clarified by you guys. Thanks again. Smile

My hair is in pleasant mood today, quite satisfied with himself.
He is enjoying his new career as a writer.
Had such good turnaround done to my brain, but see my badluck, half gone case now, saw raone movie till interval
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Be careful! He might push you aside and take control of your blog! Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best Pramod! Smile

thanks ranjith, 

Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago