Urgent!! How do I report plagarised content?

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

This is with regard to the 'Say no to chlorine' contest. One post I read was a direct copy from a pdf document available on the net. The writer had not even taken the pain to rephrase the content and express it in his own words. How do I report it to the Indiblogger team, a place where they will notice immediately.

I have reported the matter along with the details to Hemal Shah and Renie RavinA small suggesstion: Beside each post there exists a report button. By clicking on it we are able to select the reason from a drop down box but there is no provision to add additional details. I suggest that a text box should be present to input additional details.

The case is now solved and the blogger has included the reference link in the post.

My blog: A light hearted talk

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Case solved
First 1-20
21-27
Replies 21 to 27 of 27 Descending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Me too not an Indipolice. And I am happy to share my views and experience with new Bloggers here as they find it tough in the beginning... And I personally think that the Inditeam and Indipolice do a great job of replying to queries and finding solutions to problems as quickly as they can...

+1 Arti. Indipolice are doing a good job.

-99 Arti. The problem with Inditeam is that we do not know if they are. With no indirank updates for more than 2 months and promises about upgrades, reforms, and new policies... which have been keeping us waiting for so so so long. I am doubtful if Inditeam is doing anything worthwhile or if they are understaffed.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
With so much on their plate right now the Inditeam has their hands full at the moment... And as it is Indirank never came out on time, I am a member more than a year old!! So now with the upgrade it definitely was never going to come out on time!! And formulating policies is not an easy task either, it takes time. Have patience is all that I can say... The only thing I know is that I have never been disappointed here...

+100 Arti.

I agree. You know how eager I am to get my debut indirank!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Arti, You really do a good job encoraging every one on the forum. Keep up the good work.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Arti you are right, and i will like to quote exactly what you wrote..

The only thing I know is that I have never been disappointed here...

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Xeno everyone is waiting for the IndiRank.

The delay may be coz of testing and bugs that were found. Its a major over haul as i understand. the New IndiRank will also include SEOMoz ranking which may give much true numbers for effectively gauge the indiRank. An overhaul includes Coding and Re-coding the login, the algo etc.

I understand your eagerness, there are so many others including myself too.. I just have to agree with what Arti said, I am never disappointed here.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Xeno I understand the eagerness, I still remember how eager I was to receive my first rank here... I still am!!! But huge overhauls take time...
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Ranjith Thanks:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Hemal Thanks that was from the heart:) But I would like to add one thing - The forum was so much more nice and enjoyable till some weeks ago!!

Yeah! I guess i've got to hold on to my patient side for a bit longer.

@Arti you're right. Plagiarizers have spoilt the mood.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Arti I know, and I am puting my efforts not to let that peace go away, but it back fired. But learnt one thing, never give your views when you know they wont be appreciated.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Xeno its not just that. It was the reason why it all started.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Hemal Wish to have a feel of the real, happy and enjoyable forum. Even before my entry there was something going on

@ Arti and others

I too am excited about my IndiRank but not that much because I thought that my IndiRank was 65 just by seeing those sample badges that repeatedly keep appearing on many of the pages.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Xeno :) Even now for no reason whatsoever there are heated discussions going on, mindless stuff really... Never happened before :-(
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Hemal Learnt the same thing myself...
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Ranjith Yes since that incident the mood and the conversations have been too heated and too much... Have you got your first Indirank?
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Arti No, I did not get an IndiRank till now

I will be getting my first Indirank at the same time when your ranks will be updated in 1 month, 2, 3 ???Smile

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

From twitterverse sent to me @punditcomment by a member of indiblogger

#mindis****ed how do you find the energy t fight it out? #respect.

Finally. Somebody has recognized and appreciated what I've been doing here for the problem of plagiarism.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Hemal, we all have a right to express our opinion but at times it is better if we can put a restriction on the freedom of speech. The thing where all the probelm arises is the open discussion of the cases of plagarism on the forum. Instead all these things have to be handled behind the scenes. Nobody will know anything and no one will get bored of discussions that entend to pages and pages. Moreover, I advise that from now onwards all such posts inclucding the other one that has recently popped out about s----- have to be deleted. The best thing that can be done now is to lock and hide these threads. The important matter here is not the freedom of speech, but the bad opinion that new members to IndiBlogger will develop about the forum and the community as a whole. One needs to think about what Sushma said in the reply above you:

I thought this was a genuine place to handle our writing talents and exhibit and expect worthy appreciations.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Well what can i say @Ranjith.. someone who has been advocating feedom of speech has now objected to it! That, is double standards, right? I have stood my stand, everyone has the right to speak, and only if they are heard, they will come up with more. If they are supressed, you wont find them contributing back to the community.

Yes, that is very much my concern. The newbies get a bad idea of what is happening on the forum. Not only newbies, but many of the existing members too will not appreaite it either.

Sushma Harish
Sushma Harish
from Doha / Bangalore
12 years ago

@ Ranjith: I have begun to understand the whole scenario positively. Never mind much about what I wrote earlier. It is my concern yes. As I grow as part of this community I will learn the facts. Its all fine.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Cool Am really happy to see such a reaction from you Sushma.

We have thrived to color newbies into ours and take them along everywhere we go. Thank you very much for being part of IndiBlogger!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup pleased to see a positive reply:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Sushma Feels good to hear those words from you.

Sushma Harish
Sushma Harish
from Doha / Bangalore
12 years ago

Hemal- Iam encouraged:-)Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
:)
Sushma Harish
Sushma Harish
from Doha / Bangalore
12 years ago

Innocent

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

?

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

FYI @hemal: Praising the patience and community engagement of members of Indiblogger is not flaming. I'm sorry you or anybody else misread my comment of support to Animesh and Arti for their participation on this forum.

First 1-20
21-27
LockSign in to reply to this thread