Urgent!! How do I report plagarised content?

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

This is with regard to the 'Say no to chlorine' contest. One post I read was a direct copy from a pdf document available on the net. The writer had not even taken the pain to rephrase the content and express it in his own words. How do I report it to the Indiblogger team, a place where they will notice immediately.

I have reported the matter along with the details to Hemal Shah and Renie RavinA small suggesstion: Beside each post there exists a report button. By clicking on it we are able to select the reason from a drop down box but there is no provision to add additional details. I suggest that a text box should be present to input additional details.

The case is now solved and the blogger has included the reference link in the post.

My blog: A light hearted talk

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Case solved
First 1-20
21-27
Replies 21 to 27 of 27 Ascending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The case is now solved.

The reported user has added an apology note to this post, along with ref. links to original documents. For his sincerity, I gave him a small gift Tongue out

Guys, I think he should still run in the contest for coming clean the moment it was informed to him. Anyone has any objections?

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

What about the votes that he already got by people thinking that its his/her original post?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Do you mean to say that he is still eligible to participate in that contest with his post?

Amogh
from Pune
12 years ago

I have,cuz thats not his content right? posting someone else's content on your blog is fine as long as you have taken the permission but using that content in a contest,wouldn't be fair.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Animesh tell me how do we take this forward then? We can give him only once chance, he did put up an apology note on the blog.

@Ranjith I am suggesting so that we leave a good example.

@Amogh yep, thats not his content, but he has collated infomration for a cause, and hence i think we should. No supporting Plagirism of any kind, and since corrective action has been taken, we can lead by an example.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Hemal, in my personal opinion 

• He/she has realised that it was a mistake and taken corrective action. Its brave of him/her. Putting an aplogy note on one's blog is not an easy step to take.
  • However, mere apology should not become a benchmark as it becomes easier. In this case, some percnetage of votes can be cut down (not sure if I sound correct) as a penalty.

What say others?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hmmm @Animesh that seems to be a positive answer.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Phew, at last someone saw some positiveness in me LOL

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

lolzzzzz @animesh

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
If the person has accepted his mistake then we must give him a chance...
Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

eww not again!

Eon Heath
Eon Heath
from Mumbai
12 years ago

*sigh*

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Hey Ranjith, please point us to the post in question and we'll do the needful pronto! Thanks! Smile

What? So many plagiarizers in Indiblogger? What? Are they stupid?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Cool down Xeno, first let the team investigate if it really is plagiarism or not... We must not be too judgemental too early (Phew was that too much!!!)

you're right.

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Ouch. Not again.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Ranjith I have added you on my Network, you can add me back and send me the URL, Name of the Person, Blog URL, the PDF that you calim to be copied from (URL of the page where PDF is linked from) via IndiMail and we will have the Investigation complete.

Thank you very very very much for being this alert. I am sure this will help us track if something was really wrong.

First 1-20
21-27
LockSign in to reply to this thread