Your reply has been posted. Use the "Track this topic" link to stay in the discussion.

Latest Dove contest, Happy New Year 2012, I pad2 Bonanza, let's share ideas

Latest Dove contest has instilled another fervor to write excellent posts, for IndiBloggers. Let's share difficulties & ideas to covet the glitterati iPad2.

link to page

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=45

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Captain Avi
Replies 41 to 60 of 207 Descending
Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

hahahah Pramod ji, you need "Hart" to watch that movie I guess. and 99% Indians are missing it :)

Okay, a detailed new post on Hair.

http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=88173

http://indian-ranting.blogspot.com/2011/10/haircules-speaketh.html

Please do vote if you like it :-)

Aisi gaaliyan di kareena ne mardon ko, abhi tak I am in a state of shock.
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

LOLL....Teri baap.... Tongue out

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago
DS, when are you writing about your hair, I am waiting for your take.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
P, this time I am really stuck...
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Waiting for an inspiration...
DS, mumbai me inspiration kee kami kahan,
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ DS Set out on a journey to Bihar. It is just a few clicks away Smile

Ranjith, I Am waiting, & started getting the red carpet pulled out with garlands frm the Patna station.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Think I will have to send my brain to cambridge... On the recommendation of Pramod's brain :)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Do they have a seat left P?
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I wish to accompany you.

- Brain of Ranjith Smile

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Tested, Satisfied, Submitted hope for the best :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good! Then book the tickets for our useless brains...
Ab time kahan , dude, you have to book a place in advance, & there are drawbacks too. I will illustrate it with this real incidence that I experienced in train. A well built German was sitting infront of me. He was a iskcon member. He said he followed lord Krishna very well. When he went back to Germany he told his wife to touch his feet. Same very day they had a divorce. Now You can think of my situation. And decide for yourself , if you can hadle it.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Its a tricky situation for me and Ranjith now...
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I should have sent my brain with yours... Well in advance...
I see you all's brain jawaan & fully active, go ahead and ace the show,
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks for the encouragement P, will start working on something this week...
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Pramod Thank you I think I will complete my entry in a few days aand try to flatter the judges at any cost using all the tricks learnt till now. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ DS Wait for the next contest when Pramod will be sending his brain again for polishing Smile

Judges can't be flattered dude, it's all a luck, which type of judge is there, each co. Has different type of judges, but my take would be long long post,
As law of probability goes, but, if a person of less words is checking , then God can only help.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Hope that the judges appreciate the pain your hair has taken to pen his autobiography Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Ranjith, this is cheating man... You promised to send your brain with mine...
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
P, dont worry. you will come out trumps:)
Thanks a ton Ranjith & DS ,this time the post was not written with any intention of win. Just frank submissions as they came to mind of my hair. The response it is getting, it is in itself more than a reward. Do write your take fast, I was amazed to see a post with just 5 words or so, and the beauty of it. & the interaction level of that post beats all hearts.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Just 5 words?
Yo dude,
Now I think Cambridge was a full waste
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hah:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Who was that man of five words?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Or women?

Finally, I am done with my post. Relief Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Great read Pooja. The first pic is cute!!! Never knew that Hibiscus flower is useful for hair... All the Best:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best PoojaSmile

Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

@ DS: Thanks DS. Yes hibiscus leaves are supposed to be good for conditioning Smile

@ Ranjith: Thanks Ranjith Smile

Yo pooja Ji , great remedies researched, Best wishes
Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks Pramodji Smile All the best to you too Smile

Pooja Ji , waiting for the post of bow tie
Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

@ Pramodji : The contest says we can submit multiple entries. But, does that also include 2 entries from 2 different blogs from the same author, or should it be restricted to only multiple entries from the same blog. I know this sounds a little stupid but  am a little confused and yes, am scared that I might get disqualified if I post multiple entries from 2 different blogs. Any idea Pramodji?

No problem , pooja Ji, it can be from any blog or all blogs by you, but matter should be different in each. No duplicate entries & be cautious not to publish ( as a guest author) on any other persons blog too.
Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks Pramodji :) 

My pleasure,
Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

Hey very beautiful post !! 

Avi
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Nice to have this Thread regarding the latest competition, Kudos to Dove & IndiBlogger :)

Yo Avi, thanks and best wishes.
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

you 2Sir ji :)

Someone is Special
Someone is Special
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I was not known to forums earlier, so I thought let me introduce myself here. I am Saravana Kumar Murugan, writing under my pen name Someone is Special in my place Few Miles. I am happy to see many encouraging people here.. a very big 'HI' to you all.. 

Someone is Special

Great to see you on board, @someone, Best wishes,
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Welcome SS Smile

Someone is Special
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Pramod Thanks for the warm welcome.. :-)

@Ranjith Thanks Ranjith..

If you love to read romantic post then stop by here to read my take on <a href="http://bit.ly/vasS62">'Dove' with Love</a>, SmileS..

Someone is Special

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Smile

shwetha
shwetha
from Mangalore
12 years ago

i had submitted my contact details in DOVE forum on IndiBlogger for a free gift hamper of Dove oil care products. But till today I didn't recieve any hamper from Dove. Can u please tell why?

Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

I think you can mail them here and clarify the same:

Renie

Hope this helps and I hope you get your hamper soonSmile

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Same here ..still waiting for mine.

shwetha
shwetha
from Mangalore
12 years ago

thanks....i have sent an email to the mail id which u gave. hope they will reply....

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

In the mean time, do submit your entry. As pointed out by Pramod, interaction is also one of the criteria for deciding the winner.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Dont think I will get any time to write the post this week :(
Dude, be fast now, it will hard to get the desired interaction level by 10th
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Oh no! I forgot about interaction. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Dedicate a few hours spennt by you on the forum to submit your entry and pray to God that he gifts you the i Pad :-)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I have an important meeting on Saturday. Mind is saturated, cant write posts at night....
Purushu Arie
Purushu Arie
from Chennai
12 years ago

Hello. I have just submitted my entry. But what exactly does the 'interaction' refer to? Interaction with readers or interaction here or what exactly is it about?

Interaction at your post, I think, the Veracity of comments. Though no official take on it has been brought to light.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Most probably Pramod is right. In addittion to it, it can also mean the social votes gathered for it is one way by which readers interact with your post (in fact, not you :-))

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

Err, Its the interaction level with the audience of your blog. That does not necessarily include the comments actually, in my personal opinion.

Interaction means how you narrate a story / post to your readers and the interaction level therein actaully. It means how impactful your post is from the perspective of the readers. How you engage them and how engrossed they would be.

Eg would be if you write a 2000 word blog post and judjes don't find (readers actually) readworthy after about 500 words, then your post is not interactive.

This is what I personally feel though.

Varun, you have a point there , and a strong one too. But since it is not specifically said to mean that only , one is just guessing only.
You have set my mind thinking dude, did I do right thing to get carried away by my hair speak.
Purushu Arie
from Chennai
12 years ago

That was helpful! thanks :)

guess you all are indiblogger members like me right?

Am relatively new to this place... Nice to meet bloggers around the nation :D

Thanks again =))

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice point Varun. Pramod, dont worry about your autobiography, its perfectly readable:)
Thanks DS for upliftment.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I need it more P!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Your response comes at the time of crisis. I was wondering if I should submit my entry at this point of time when it is difficult to get comments. Hope that you have defined interaction in the right way. Smile

DS, full support to you dude, just post the post soon
Ranjith, best of luck dude, just gather all your hair and come up with a jhinchak take. Waitin fr your take dude.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hope to get some time next week... Its all packed this week...
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

DS, Act fast It's going to end in a day or two.. 

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

haha Pramod ji, the autobiography was extremely interactive :) Don't worry :)

Nice to meet you too purushottam :) Keep Blogging

Ranjith, your post on Qvendo, esp the video was awesome. Loved it thoroughly :)

I am waiting for another sale to open up and will make the post. Hope it has the "style" you have taken the style quotient to a different level alltogether :)

Thanks Varun Ji , for encouraging words.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Thank you Varun Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

How Dare you talk about QVENDO on the thraed intended for DOVE Smile

I see the face of Dove becoming red.. Tongue out

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Whatever the outcome, I thoroughly enjoyed writing my two WOW hair moments in my life. One of about me losing my hair to chemotherapy and another was about my daughter donating her hair to a good cause. 

I read both the posts farida Ji, great penning. pictures and ambience too was just superb. Best wishes.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Really heart warming posts. All the best Farida ji:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

You profile picture has been changed again!

Your post was wonderful, the one which contained the story of your life. It definitely would give courage to those who have undergone chemotherpaphy or other similar treatments.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

By the way, all the best Smile

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Pramod bhai i should be awarded a special prize in the DOVE contest for not participating despite being a regular user of DOVE shampoo, what says you dear Smile

Umesh bhai, yun to dove prize dete dete paagol ho jaayega. There are more than 25000 indiebloggers. Jab sabko pata chalega , sab dove hi use karte hue milenge. With backdated proofs too. Hehehe, But as a close friend, my unanimous blind unequivocal support for you dude.
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Now that a strange move ;) One potential competition down, few hundreads to go ;)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Haha:) All the best to you all:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

If that was the case, I would have not participated in the contest but taken the gift... Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Well said Pramod. Dove might, in that case have to halt its business... Smile

To write a post for Dove contest, is it necessary to blog about the concerned topic or is it we should blog about Dove too.I had written a post about the topic with a true story and with honest tips for hair but did not mention about any names of products(even dove) just because the topic did not ask too...Am I right??? what do you think??? 

Uma Ji , they have not specified that, so I also just gave their link at the end only, because reality of the post would have gone down the drain. Waiting with bracing heart for the results now. If you want you can write another take with dove hamper pics and all in a different manner. There is still time till 10th. And multiple entries are allowed.
Purushu Arie
from Chennai
12 years ago

Agreed. i didn't really talk about the hair care tips like listed in vogue/elle magazine. Just wrote about a real life wow moment.

But I did mention a link to dove website at the end of the post.

Purshottam, I've also done the same, ditto, let's see what lady luck has in store this time

@Pramod ji Thanks for the reply.I already wrote another post( a poem) , so two posts in total.And as you said, mentioning brand names in a reality post would appear like a particular brand promotinal post and the readers won't see the reality of the story. 

Yet writing another post on Dove seems like a nice idea ..let me c.

It's great to know that. I'll check out your posts. Best of luck.
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Promoting a brand it just mentioning about their products, but a well written story with good product's review is all readers want.

Uma Ji , Great post on hair care,
Musculine was also impressed, and conveyed his sincere blessings
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best Uma for both your entries 

Avi
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

After the Galaxy messed up, what's your take on this? Are you serious enough about the competition or just enjoyed writing your WOW moments?

Avi, I stated it in form of a real happening in kolkata to a query on Ranjith. (solely my opinion) one may differ on it. It's like a nasha, addiction, whatever the results, messes go on, no problems on that. but the zeal, the cheer, enjoyment, inspiration , inner upliftment, that I get on writing, is worth it. that's all. 

your take was one of a kind, really loved the post. best wishes.

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Exactly Sir, the main aim should be the satisfaction from your writing, not what you can win & what you can achieve. I believe, if you want to win something, win the loyalty of your readers. What say?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I want to win something.... But even if I don't win anything, atleast the stats counter (which I haven't yet inserted) reading might go up.... Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Pramod Which query?

@pramod ji Thanks so much for complimenting my post .I read your post too..very lively and the photos were niceSmile

It was a well deserved post. I know the pains to come up with a post. Material , pics, their arrangements and all. Really Uma Ji , you have done justice to the post. Cheers.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Pramod You look too different in each of those photos. I wonder if you go for a face transplant evry year. Smile

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

I have found that this showing of the posts is not all that good it seems. People are plagarising.

Mods, you need to take a look.

Varun, any plagiarize you see , report them at indi@indiblogger.in
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You can also start a new thread here Varun, specifying the plagiarised post and the original post.
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

plagiarism is a crime, search engines hate it too... the jury should check each post with copyscape or such plagiarism checking tools.

We worked really hard to write & those who are up in the voting ladder, could be easy target to steeling ideas.

Hope to have a fair judgment.

@Varun - good point raising dude!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

We need not worry too much about it. I think that the team is going to check the winning entries for plagarism. If you find any plagarised posts, send a mail to Renie or Hemal. They will remove it as soon as possible.

Vineet Rajan from Mumbai 14 hours ago HiĀ  The interaction would involve - the quality of comments (not number) and your interaction with your readers on them and how you are able to drive discussions around the topic. In no way when we say interactions does it factor the number of comments. We have the clarification of admins, at different thread regarding INTERACTION , Friends,
Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

Hmm I read it too. Now am wondering if the comments I have got are valid Tongue out I think they are.

Yes pooja Ji , let's hope for the best.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Ya, I read that reply on the other thread.

yes DS, it was needed here too, many people were confused.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Pramod I recommend that you repost the same in the main topic (or thread or soem other thing... Innocent )by editing it..

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

People started posting quality comments on my Dove entry... may be after reading the reply by Vineet Rajan Smile

Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

Yeahh Exactly :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread