Your reply has been posted. Use the "Track this topic" link to stay in the discussion.

Latest Dove contest, Happy New Year 2012, I pad2 Bonanza, let's share ideas

Latest Dove contest has instilled another fervor to write excellent posts, for IndiBloggers. Let's share difficulties & ideas to covet the glitterati iPad2.

link to page

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=45

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Captain Avi
Replies 61 to 80 of 207 Descending
Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

Err, Most comments I have are "Best of Luck". Hope thats an interaction out there :)

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

People (contestants) are just desperate for votes & posting comments to get one back, I remembers during Galaxy tab contest. there were 50+ such spammy comments...

Varun, second post too rocks dude.
Avi, that's human nature, but there are good readers too, who are genuine in their comments.
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@ Pramod Ji, I know sir, people hardly read even before they hit the comment button, while competing in a Competition.

Avi, it is a thing one doesn't have any control on. One has to see good reader and keep him coming to your site.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Hope so Arun. The only thing you can do is to delete those one word comments as soon as they appear so that people get to understand that you do not encourage such spammy comments. It has helped me in one of the competitions eralier and the result was that every comment was atleast two lines long... I know that it can be better than that....

Does anyone know if  the posts can be edited before the last date of entry for the contest? There is no such thing mentioned in the contest rules. But, I would like to know if it is possible and right to do it? Is there an unwritten rule?

I am not talking about content change here, but I am talking about , say, adding a signature at the end of the post or such small things like adding a comma, correcting grammatical errors?

I would appreciate if someone from the Inditeam can clarify this for us.

nice points brought up pooja. I too am confused on this. 

Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

I decided to add signature to all my posts, but I haven't touched the Dove contest post because I am not sure if we can make changes after submission.I don't want to get disqualified or something. So , currently only my Dove post is without signature :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I am changing my QVENDO post on a consistent basis as the sale dates are changing... Hope I am doing right :)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
P, My QVENDO post is awaiting for a heart from you :(

oh gosh, i was thinking, i am missing something. 

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I don't thinks it's gonna be an issue to them, I guess they will review all the posts after 10th only, so changing before that won't create any problem according to me.

On my post, first I surveyed 3 people, then another 3 (updated) as the time goes, I surveying more & more to know what they think about Dove's hair care range. Hope I am not doing anything wrong.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks a lot P. I knew you had forgotten...
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I also think its alright to edit your posts till the last day of competition...

avi, great concept, and post was a unique one too

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Thanks Sir, but I wish I could have few more votes to be in competition... :(

Avi, votes donot matter in anyway.indie team cleverly put new random display of posts too. So be least worried of votes.
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I know that, still, somehow it gives the post some weighted.

Avi, there are some ways to it, if your post gets atleast approximate 30 votes within two days of posting it comes on home page & is highlighted to attract limelight. You get additional uprise.
For those first 30 votes one gets by being active on forum threads, commenting & making great friends.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I too am of the opinion that we can make as many changes as we wwish to till the last date of the competition.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Pramod You're right It's too difficult to get those first few votes and I have experienced it duriung the first two contests and as pointed out once our post appears on the home page, it simply means that we need not be bothered from that time onwards about gathering votes.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ avi The time of submitting the entry also matters to a certain extent. Do a survey on that too... Smile

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Gosh another unpaid survey??? err...

@ DS: I think changing dates of the sale is fine. I mean you can't give the wrong info. So I feel it is still same.

@ Avi: I also feel the same. I don't think they review it before the end date.

But, am a little paranoid of these unwriiten rules. Hope some Inditeam member confirms this. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Yes we need an official confirmation of the same              

@ Renie TRING TRING Smile

Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

Yes someone please call Renie or give me his number Tongue out

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
His number is given on the contact us page:)
Avi
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Just noticed top 9 out of 10 contenders (till midnight 7th) are using blogspot domain wow! Its like Blogspot is flying high for almost all amateur bloggers. 

Yo Avi, I too started blogging on blogspot.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Blogspot rules!
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Ya, but to become a Pro, you have to switch to static website or WP self hosted blog.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Bloggest is the easiest to use blogging platform and its free to... And one need not invest any money and that's the reason why blogspot rules.

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

"Bloggest is the easiest to use blogging platform and its free to... And one need not invest any money and that's the reason why blogspot rules."

@Ranjith - It's true, but WP is also free & more seo friendly, but they won't allow AdSense like blogger, i guess that's why, blogspot rules.

Defiant Princess
from Jodhpur
12 years ago

avi, I use the blogspot domain and I find nothing wrong in it :) static domain isnt necessary to become a pro blogger ( although I dont claim that i'm one) .. but the way you say it, not just pro bloggers can write good blogposts, sometimes the amatuers can come up with the great stuff too. (for eg, the madrasan) .. besides, how do you categorize bloggers as pro or ameture? please explain ! :)

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@ D Pri - Well Not sure about Fashion & Personal blogging, but I felt a significant amount of change since I moved from .Blogspot domain to a .com one, The main reason is when you use a blogspot domain, people knows that it's free & you are not spending a penny for your blogging, thus the amount of seriousness decreases according to many Pro & semi Pro bloggers. When you buy a .com or such search engine loves & takes you more seriously - if its registered for more than 1 yr, Google gives extra weighted to a blog.

That's not all... I got few well known bloggers following my blog just few days after I changed my domain. One last note, as we all know blogspot is Google's product, so they listed the new links much faster than a dot com but it slips down the ranking even faster.

Ohh! That's it... enough of my Tech gyan... 

Defiant Princess
from Jodhpur
12 years ago

oh! I didnt know all of that, thank you so much for sharing! :) i've been considering buying a .com for a long time but couldnt make up my mind.. guess i'm gonna move soon!

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

For Your info, you just need a domain (yearly recurring cost, keep in mind) & still host your blog on blogspot for FREE!

just saw: Contest closes at midnight on the 14th of November.

Kajal
Kajal
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I'd just like to ask if anybody here requested for gift hamper but didn't receive it? I requested for almost a month ago but haven't received it yet. A friend of mine has received her gift hamper, she's from Bangalore but I'm from Kolkata. 

Will I still receive it?

Everyone who gave address will receive it, make sure address is right. Email indi@indiblogger.in
Kajal
from Bangalore
12 years ago

i believe i put the correct address and contact number.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Mail the Inditeam as pramod has pointed out. That should solve the issue Kajal:)
Kajal
from Bangalore
12 years ago

thanks, i'll do :)

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I received it withing couple of weeks. (though i requested on 30th sept). Hope you will get. You mentioned you are from Kolkata, though your account shows you are from B'lore. 

Kajal
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@avi, i'm from bangalore too but i requested it for my kolkata address, since that's where I want it to be received. dove registration is totally independent from our profile.

I already opened the ticket and admin is already looking into it.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I don't know if I have received mine. I gave my home address... 

Avi
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Is it legal to ask for votes through spamming other's blog?

Just like Galaxy tab, just received a spam comment from GeEtS. 

@Mods would you take any action? Spamming is illegal I guress.

I wonder how she has 84 votes. huh!

Avi, I don't know why you are skeptical on votes. commenting on sites, with desire that he would comment back cannot be termed a spam. even people who drop link is no issue if the blogger is not objecting it. if you think anyone is spamming your blog ,you can surely delete spam. afterall it's your blog. 

votes will not matter in anyway in results, 

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Sir Ji, if she dropped me a comment on my fashion blog, i would be happy to see that, I can understand, it's a competition, but she dropped the comment on my Tech blog, which is surely a Spam.

Avi, it may be human error. But my suggestion is you shouldn't antagonize commanders. Naming publicly isn't advisable.
Commanders=commenters, auto correct error
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Avi Mentioning someone's name in that way isn't acceptable. And removing the comments which you think are spam requires nothing more than hitting the delete button.

GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago

Thanks Avi..whatever you have mentioned here but i don't like ur comment "I wonder how she has 84 votes. huh!" but  I wonder what my blogger frnd criticise ...

Thanks Pramodji, Ranjith :)

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@GeEtA - no harsh feeling dear, its a competition, you are free to ask for votes, but it should be in a proper way. like someone asked me for a heart after giving me a heart :)

Peace :)

Avi, I can affirm positively, votes have not been asked by people who have gained large votes. One may imagine things, which doesn't exist even. Those who are active at indi or have been active at some point of time, get votes without asking.
Avi, I can affirm positively, votes have not been asked by people who have gained large votes. One may imagine things, which doesn't exist even. Those who are active at indi or have been active at some point of time, get votes without asking.
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@ Pramod Ji - I got your point Sir Ji - ek chiz 2-2 baar bol k dara rahe ho kya...??? Wink

App log actve to Vote mila, hum nahi to nahi mila ... Cry

Let's see what will they announce... All the Best to All... Laughing

Avi, it came double by error, not deliberate, & again, votes will not be counted, in deciding the prizes.

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

I don't think there were any commercial motives behind the comments here. Especially when the votes do not matter I guess.

Yes Varun, looks like that.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Smile

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I submitted my entry at the wrong time.... Almost when the contest is going to end... Cry

IndiBloggers do show some love... Smile

Kalpit
from Jaipur
12 years ago

Still there's 3 days left !

good luck :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Kalpit Thank you

Best of luck, Ranjith , better late than never. Post really rocks, Cheers
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Pramod Thank you Smile for the good wishes and for that 'quality'comment too... Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Forget to mention:

Download 'The incomplete biography ..... Of my hair' by paying just 34 dove shampoos

And also watch a video made by me from senseless sketches.  Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Update: It's free now Smile

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

all the best ranjith!

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I still havent submitted. And there is a very bleak chance that I will now...
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
All the best Ranjith:)
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

As the mentioned (Pramod Ji repeatedly reminding me), votes won't be a considerable condition for this contest, so why "wrong time"??? If your content is well enough, if you win, no doubt. will post comment again after reading.

Yo Avi, thanks for being lenient on me'. You could have added some harsh words but refrained. I am highly obliged dude.
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

The pleasure is mine :) day is ticking tick tick :) one day to go...

Ranjith, you got bonus 4 days dude,
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Showed my Love:)

thanks DS

Pratik Nikam
Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

Last 24 Hours for contest to close !! All the best all the bloggers :) 

Same to you Pratik, rock on
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

To you too Pratik.. Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
All the best Pratik:)
Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

Its indeed the last day of the contest. So all those who have not voted here is the last chance.

Haircules Speaketh!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That was too unusual a reply. One can vote for your post even after the end of the contest.

But vote will not be counted even before nor after. So no point bothering for extra votes. Just cherish comments and Reply to those comments in best manner. Anyone who has not replied to the comments on his thread should do that as soon as possible.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
This Isnt allowed Varun. Asking for votes on the forum by giving links, is not allowed... What would happen if every participant does this, the place would resemble a mess...
Vasumathi Sridharan
Vasumathi Sridharan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Any idea when they will announce the winners? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

It might take 10-15 days after the end of the contest. Earlier even that date used to be mentioned but now they have refrained from doing it because anyone the date they mention is bound to be changed. Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
One month, if past is anything to go by...
Defiant Princess
from Jodhpur
12 years ago

Lets hope they do that soon! :)

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

My Smartphone buying is pending Undecided due to this contest, hope I will win one & save my hard earned bucks Wink Jaldi Jaldi Declare karo...

GeEtS
GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago

Contest closes at midnight on the 10th of November. so today is the last day of post submission...all the best guys:)

Thanks Geeta Ji, best wishes to you too.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
All the best Geeta:)
Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

Hmm all the best to you too ! :)

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Sab jeet jayenge lagta hai Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best Geeta

Avi
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Just noticed IndiBlogger & Dove extended the date of contest...

Contest closes at midnight on the 14th of November.

Now what?

The wait continues, Avi,
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Exactly :( BTW Pratik (below) was happy, as if after 14th it won't be available to view & vote. Once again, Votes won't be a considerable factor for this, so wait continues...

Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

Avi : Yes bro i very well know that votes doesn't matter !! I am happy because due to lack of time people were not able to publish their post .. Now in these 4 days they can publish it :) 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Now what?  May be they will extend it again till they reach the target of 300 votes. Smile

It was a record of last time
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Yes, may be Dove was expecting something close to it...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

To break that record someone needs to enter scene with atleast 7 lakhs Sealed

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Lol
Pratik Nikam
Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww Moment for everyone :)More 4 days to all the bloggers to show their talent !! :)Contest will close on 14th Midnight :)

Pratik, these four additional days have come up as bonus , one can get good appreciative interaction, which is one of the important criteria.
Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

Hmmm yeah !!  Diwali bonus for Bloggers Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Wasn't diwali over long back? Smile

shwetha
shwetha
from Mangalore
12 years ago

i had submitted my contact details in DOVE forum on IndiBlogger for a free gift hamper of Dove oil care products. But till today I didn't recieve any hamper from Dove. PLEASE REPLY....

Mail at , indi@indiblogger.in
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The contest is coming to an end. I don't think that they are going the send those samples now...

I don't think so Ranjith , all those who sent details will get, sooner than later ,
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

If that is the case, I imagine how much they are spending on sending those hampers!

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

I need some interactions on my blog too. People please, you are most welcome to interact :)

Yo dude, everyone needs that, urgently n time is ticking away.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

A few interaction on my entry too Smile

Amen
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

FORGET ME NOT Wink

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@All above: Will read & make some useful comment, shew Taking a leave 2moro from work :)

avi, no dude, not at all,

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Avi Good reason to escape work... Smile

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Actually, IT WAS A MUCH DESERVING REST DAY FOR ME :)

sunaa
sunaa
from chennai
12 years ago

m new here so i was jes curious to knw..does d votes ly count or s der any othr criteria fr d contst...

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Welcome sunaa to indiblogger, request you to write in normal language... This sms lingo is tough to understand!!!!

Votes dont matter in deciding the winners. for more info you can see the contest pageSmile

Open the indivine page, on the right hand tab, you will see contests tab... Select any one, read whats it all about and get startedSmile

Any other help, ask hereCool

Sunaa, votes will not be counted in winning a contest, creatitivity, originality, & interaction will be counted, where ineraction relates to quality of response comments gained on the post and your Reply back to them, Best wishes,
And quantity of comments will not be counted, just the quality of comment. Even if it's one comment
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Yes, the language was too tough to understand... Smile

As stated by DS and Pramod, votes don't matter. But still, if your entry is good enough, votes keep following you, though it might not always be the case.

sunaa
sunaa
from chennai
12 years ago

@ds: thanks you !

@ Pramod Lohia: Thank you Promod..your information was vivid and very helpfull SmileSmileSmile

just glad to be of help.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Welcome sunaa:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best sunaa Smile

Thank God! We are spared by the SMS lingo... Smile

Avi
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Why people stop interacting here? Well earlier when the last day of submission was 10th, Indies were so busy chatting about it, now with the Excel competition is on, people are too busy with that, but guys, it's not over yet...

yo avi, I too was busy writing my take, on excelmatic, all this is happening so fast.

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I submitted one, another is ready to roll... (for Excel)... Done with this...

Great going Avi, rock on dude
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I am waiting for more interaction on my QVENDO post!! The Surf post is ready in my draft, some finishing touches remaining:):)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

People tend to shift to the latest.... It's natural human behaviour.....

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ DS Interaction has become the buzz word these days. Even the forum thraed about Qvendo was neglected. Frown It looks as if no one likes to win nprizes whose worth is as huge as 75 and 50 k. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Avi that's great! We are facing a difficult time to submit even one entry.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I still dont exactly know what interaction means or if it is seriously one of the criteria in deciding the winners... I mean, a well written post should be enough!!!
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
And I agree, qvendo has become like the neglected child... No buzz about it at all!! Sad, it is...
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

interaction is the key word for them to decide or determine, the winner... Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Avi, thats what they state, Right:)
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Exactly & this is where they are open to choose any1, creativity & all other things we can understand & possibly measurable, but Interaction...??? 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I agree completely with you Avi.
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@ DS - Thanks dude, Good Morng.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Morning Avi:)
Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

@Avi, you are right. It ain't over till 14th november. Excel matic rocks. I am busy with that too :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
We all are busy Varun with that, all the best dude:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I am also busy with IndiContests these days. It consumes half of my time. Thank God, Surf Excel is giving 2 extra hours daily... Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You can study for your 1st semestar exams in that time Ranjith:):)
Best wishes one and all,
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@Ran - Study hard dude...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

DS Started Smile

@ Avi i think that I should have not mentioned about my semester exams. It looks as if I will be allowed into IB only after the completion of my exams Smile

Ranjith, I understand , that's why I omitted to mention of exams. I know any reminder of it spoils da mood. But, best wishes fr exams dude. Just ace them.

LockSign in to reply to this thread