Time for IndiRank to be upgraded - need ideas!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Bloggers! Now that we've completed a revamp of IndiVine, it's time for IndiRank to have an upgrade as well. Here are a few ideas I have as of now:

• We create a dashboard for every blogger (in their account), where they can see detailed info on their IndiRank.
  • This detailed info will include customized tips on how to improve IndiRank - based on the values picked up by our crawler.
  • We'll include the previous IndiRank - with graphs to show how a blog's IndiRank has changed over time, and why.
  • We'll show a countdown timer to the next update.

Any other ideas? Smile

Replies 61 to 66 of 66 Ascending
Lakshmi Rajan
Lakshmi Rajan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I agree with Madhu ! The constant strive for the better by Indiblogger team is laudable! Good going guyz !

Right now I could not think of any suggestion , will chip in when it strikes Smile

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
14 years ago

Great!

Aditya Tibrewala
Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

can indirank be updated more frequently?

or rather can new users get their rank faster instead of waiting for a month for indirank to get refreshed?

I also posted a suggestion for improvement of indivine in the indivine thread. Have a look

Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

http://adityasmoviereviews.blogspot.com/

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hey Aditya, we cannot update IndiRank for new users seperately - ranks are generated relative to all the other IndiBloggers. So if half the bloggers have an increase in Alexa/Pagerank while the rest remain the same, both groups will have a change in their IndiRank.

As for updating more frequently - one of the reasons for this upgrade is to streamline the entire process (crawling, calculations, email update to all users) so that we can do exactly that! Smile

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

The Improvements suggested by Renie are superb. I am unable to think anything more to add. Smile

Vipul Grover
Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

I likessss that Wink

Shankar
Shankar
from Chennai
14 years ago

wow...great...I always wonder on what basis indiranks are awarded. I think the above ideas will be great....  http://ballat.blogspot.com

LockSign in to reply to this thread