knitha.urs would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.fashionoire.com/ ] IndiRank: 51

PLEASE REVIEW MY BLOG

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
10 years ago

go through my blog and please give me your valuable input and suggetions to improve my blog

thanks

Replies 1 to 6 of 6
Chethan
Chethan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Nice blog Knitha. But, there seems to be an error in your feedburner configuration. You might want to look into it.

I tried subscribing to your posts and it didn't happen. :)

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Chethan...I sorted out the feeding issue.Its feeding now...You can subscribe now!!! Thanks for the appriciation

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

As promised on IndiTalk, here is a trial review of your blog's design :P

Fill something in your 'About me' page or remove it. You can add it again later if you want.

About the tags - It looks like you have used a lot of labels. Half of your sidebar is filled with that labels gadget. I would advise you to remove it. You can still continue adding labels to your posts which will be shown at the end of every post.

In the menu bar, you have pages for listing articles related to beauty, lifestyle etc. I suggest you to create more categories and pages like that for different topics - something around 7-10 topics in all. And don't keep those titles too long. For example, the title 'Fitness, Lifestyle, Love and Relationships blogs' is too long and moreover, fitness and relationships are unrrelated. SO, you can put them in separate categories. And there is no need to add the word 'blogs' at the end.

And as I suggested on IndiTalk, removed the words 'Click here' from the end of every line and directly link the blog title to the page. And if you have time and patience, you can add a small 2-3 lines description or post snippets for each article listed on those pages.

You can remove the blogup widget also.

Move the 'About me',  and 'Email subscriptions'  widgets to the right column and remove the 'Share it' widget. I suggest you to use 'Add this' sharing widget and add it to the end of your post.

You can completely remove the translate  widgets. I don't think anyone would be using them.

Create an fb and twitter page for your blog and add links to them in your sidebar. 

This is the order I would suggest for the gadgets in your sidebar : 

1. profile widget
  2. feed, fb and twitter icons ( one beside the other )
  3. email subscription widget
  4. followers
  5. search
  6. popular posts
  7. blog archive
  8. badges

And you can show more more number of posts per page instead of just showing one page per post and use post snippets. The advantage is that you will know which posts people are reading.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Post Snippet : See my blog. On the home page, I don't display the complete post. I show only the first paragraph followed by a 'Continue Reading' link. Clicking that link will show the full post. screenshot. That first few lines of text or first 1-2 paragraphs which is shown on your home page is known as snippet.

To use snippets, go to your blogger dashboard and open your latest post in edit mode. Place the cursor after the first para or after the first few lines and click the 'Insert page Break' button. Save changes and view your blog. screenshot

Repeat the above procedure for a few latest posts of yours. Change the number of posts displayed on home page to something around 5. Settings > Posts and Comments > Show at most > Save Settings screenshot and view your blog.

Abhimanyu Singh
Abhimanyu Singh
from Raipur
9 years ago

IPL wala mast hai...

AJITH THOMAS
AJITH THOMAS
from TRIVANDRUM
9 years ago

feel  like a complete fashion blog on first impression

Sourav
Sourav
from Kannur
9 years ago

Hi Knitha, Nice Blog Cool 1. Try cleaning up the mess in the sidebar. Make it more organised and clean. 2. The infolinks scroll pop up is quite annoying. Remove it and monotize your blog in a effective manner. 3. The ' Popular , Comment , Archieve ' widget doesn't work. Fix it and pin it up at a better place. 4. Use a better ( Clean ) font. 5. Use a better " Connect with Me " ( Social buttons ) widget . The present one looks quite messy . 6. Create a ' About Page ' , It make networking possible. Hope, my review helps you build a better blog. Cheers :)  Good luck :)