Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://nexgenbikes.com/site/ ] IndiRank: 56

Review -> Help me to make it better

Hello,

Between few friends we have started a blog. In which we spefically concentrate of two factor of Indian Bikes (Made and sold).

Maintainence and basic plug n play modifications.

We do lack all these technical knowledge about blogging, website making and such.

I took some help from few friends and made it.

Domain -> Yahoo (USD 10 / year)Hosting -> HostGator (USD 10 / month)Software -> WordPress

I do request exp users and bloggers to please provide your comments and views to help me to make my blog better.

Thanks.

Replies 1 to 17 of 17
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Hunkey! Nice blog, everything looks perfect. keep it up

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
13 years ago

thanks for the reply.. my visit counter is really low.. like 25/30 visits a day :(

subups
subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
13 years ago

A very neatly laid out site with lot of positivies

my 2 cents on possible improvements

- create a discussion forum too

- promote discussion/ reviews from people who actually have first hand experiences on using the accessories which you have posted.

- Update the site regularly and watch how your traffic will increase.  (a traffic of 25 to 35 per day for a start up is not too bad) Only if there is some controversy is involved or if you are featured in a newspaper traffic will increase quickly. There is no point in getting a traffic spike. You need to have enough material to capitalize on the spike and retain the visitors.

Personally I liked your site and will surely come back as I am interested in bikes too !!

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Hello,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

Your second suggestion was one of the main building block for the project. For example, I did write, its a project my me and few of my friends. Friends, both offline and online from different biking domain.

We already have multiple authors.

But I am personally not much hopeful about discussion forum idea. At-least at present I dont see articles receiving too many comments so i doubt how successful the idea of forum would be. Secondly, forum means extra effort to build another application, extra data base to manage :(.

I am also trying to stay regular but its way more tough than saying, as I do see, writing a proper / genuine and unique article takes multiple day

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Ok.. last suggestion is also taken, we are in process to try and attempt to put the site in news paper..

http://nexgenbikes.com/site/2010/12/17/project-fastest-gq-by-the-fastest-indian/

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Your blog provides much info... 25 30visits a day is good for starters... Keep posting quality content and see it zoom!!

Keep blogging, best wishesSmile

http://myyatradiary.blogspot.com/

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Thanks for the reply, tough I doubt you didn't read a single post of it Tongue out

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I read only in bits as I am not into bikes and all but the blog is useful to those who are into itFoot in mouth

Any one else to say something about mine ????

very well designed and informative blog.

great.

Aditya Singh
Aditya Singh
from Mumbai
13 years ago
i know you've requested for expert advices only...but dude, 20-30 pageviews/day is not bad at all! Infact, i envy you! Most of the times, i get only 2 pageviews and sometimes none. Bt sometimes, i get page-views around 100 or more. 'PUBLICIZE' your blog posts via Indivine. And, just check for some tips on YOUTUBE, you may learn something there too. Your blog has got a lot of scope! Best wishes to you.
Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
13 years ago

This is my performance for Month of Jannuary !!!

Sarbari
Sarbari
from bengaluru
13 years ago

Hi, i like your format.  I would only suggest to add discussion forums on problems people face or things people would like to know if they were interested in bikes, etc, and lastly, safety tips for the riders. 

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Thanks for the comment..

I thought about the forum, but the visit count it too low, I really doubt if a forum would be successful idea or not.

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
13 years ago

Hunky --

Your website looks smooth. Good luck with it.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
13 years ago

thanks.

Abinodh O.T
Abinodh O.T
from Pathanamthitta
10 years ago

Dear Hunky,

Great website and cool contents. Great domain and unique niche. But I have these little suggestions that could improve ur website:

• Speed up your server
  • Remove that bluehost widget it looks un professional
  • Increase your font size.
Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Thank you for the feedback sir... Coming the suggestions,

Increasing font size

Taken, I shall be increasing it as soon as possible

Removing the widget (real time visitors

Other authors and riding members of the website kind a like it, do you have any alternative suggestions ?? For the purpose I mean

Speeding up the server

How do I do it.. I am using HostGator baby gator plan, and there is no such option available for me to actually work into it..

Abinodh O.T
Abinodh O.T
from Pathanamthitta
10 years ago

Hunky,

I asked you to remove the widget because of its ads. (ads is always a bad thing).

And you can speed up your website:

• Using CDN services like Cloudflare.com ( I use it!)
  • Use WPTotalCache or WPSuperCache
  • Use wordpress Jetpack :-)
Shashank Arora
Shashank Arora
from MOGA
10 years ago

Hey Hunky, I know you, recently you commented on my website Did you remember electrotechguide.com

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Cry sorry, didnt get your point.. please remind me as whats the matter.. pardon me for this Yell

Anand Kahaly
Anand Kahaly
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@NexGenBikes.com Your site is very informative. Everybody write about gadgets, internet and technology (even I do Tongue out) but very few people like you writes about niche topics like Indian made bikes. Your site is a hit not only because of quality content but also the niche you chose to write about. I like the layout, neat and clean. Load time is decent. It scored 90 in Pagespeed and 70 in ySlow. Although, the faster the better. But you can leave the speed part right now. Concentrate on content and SEO. Like many people said before, the feedjit widget at the end spoils the fun little bit. If at all, you want to fill the space at the bottom because you have a recent comments section on the left, replace feedjit with the twitter widget. It will show all the tweets with your twitter handle and will add much more value to the website visitors.

Keep Blogging,

Anand Kahaly.

http://technodope.com

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Thanks for the comment.. Two year old thread came infront.. Feeling little nostalgic to look back in time, where the website was struggling to get 50 hits.. From there, today I come to a point here the website is clocking 750 to 800 UV a day and warnings from hosting side for resource hungriness for the website Innocent.

Anyway, see the website has members, they some how likes those odd stat things, so have to comply for that Tongue out

And yes, there are very few website in india, may be none, which are dedicated towards our niche Sealed

Hunky Cool

This is Kamlesh from Multiple Tricks, You write a review for me and now i give a review for you as Exchange Offer as i promissed.

Your blog has awesome design and you are use sahifa theme so that feature you better know.

Here is only author box is required for your blog just because your followers can find you directly and backlinks of  your blog may also increase by this.

but your blog is awesome, keep it up... Smile

Thanks

Review via --> Multiple Tricks

Thanks for the review..

Here is only author box is required for your blog just because your followers can find you directly and backlinks of  your blog may also increase by this.

We have a dedicated about US page for the same..

Tushar Kumar
Tushar Kumar
from Bangalore
9 years ago

The site is really good. However, I noticed that you guys are not frequent with content. A site like this must have frequent blog posts. It can touch greater heights with just few more additions. May I suggest you to write on broader range of topics related to bikes. I assume that you guys enjoy doing what you are doing on this blog. I can sense passion in your work but like I said, this has potential to touch greater heights. Good luck.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Thank you for your review :)

Nickk Bisht
Nickk Bisht
from Delhi
9 years ago

I must say this is a blog dudes around are going to love a lot. 

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Thanks for the comment !!

:)