'૬૦ના દાયકા પછીનાં ગુજરાતી સા

Ashok Vaishnav
Ashok Vaishnav
from Ahmedabad
12 years ago

આજે ઑગસ્ટ'૧૧ના નવનીત-સમર્પણના અંક્માં શ્રી ભગવતીકુમાર શર્માની કવિતાઓ વાંચી.

તે અમારી યુવાનીના - '૬૦ થી '૮૦ - ના સમયગાળાના એવા સર્જક છે જેઓએ ગુજરાતી ગદ્ય અને પદ્ય સાહિત્યને વિષયો, ગુજરાતી ભાષાના પ્રયોગ  તેમ જ વિચાર વૈવિધ્યથી સાંપ્રત બનાવીને ત્યારે વધુ પ્રચલિત અને પ્રસારીત અંગ્રેજીની ટક્કરમાં ઉણું ન ઉતરવા દીધું.

તેમની સાથે મને મારા તે સમયના પ્રિય એવા અન્ય ગુજરાતી સાહિત્યના સર્જકો - શિવકુમાર જોશી, ચન્દ્રકાત બક્ષી, અનિલ જોશી, હરિન્દ્ર  દવે ,મોહમ્મદ માકડ, રઘુવીર ચૌધરી, માધવ રામાનુજ; તે સમયનાં માતબર સામયિકો - ચાંદની, નવચેતન,અખંડ આનંદ , કુમાર કે બાળસાહિત્ય જગતના તારલાઓ વિજયગુપ્ત મૌર્ય, હરિપ્રસાદ વ્યાસ, ગાંડિવ, રમકડું પણ ખુબ યાદ આવે છે.

તે પછીનાં વરસોમાં ગુજરાતી સાહિત્યનાં print mediumના limited પ્રસારને કારણે આ બધાંની તત્કાલિન ગતિવિધિઓની સાથે ન રહી શકાયું.

૨૧મી સદીથી જ ઇન્ટરનેટના વધતા પ્રભાવની સાથે આ માધ્યમથી પરિચિત પેઢીદ્વારા થએલ કાર્યને હવે digital સ્વરૂપે નેટપરથી  access કરવું સરળ બન્યું છે.

પરંતુ તે પહેલાંના ખજાનાને પણ , certainly subject to safeguarding commercial and IPR interests, ટેક્નોલૉજીની મદદથી નવપલ્લવીત કરવામાટે સર્જકો, પ્રકાશકો અને technology-savvy બધા જ ગુજરાતીઓએ વ્યક્તિગત તેમ જ સામુહિક પ્રયાસ કરવાની તાતી જરુરીયાત જણાઇ રહી છે.

How can the post-60s Gujarati literature benefit from Internet and digital technology?

I was reading poems of Shri Bhagawati Sharma today in Navneet-Samarpan’s August’11 issue.

He is one of those contributors of Gujarati prose and poetry who enable Gujarati literature to stand up to the then popular trend of English literature by the range of subjects, use of the modern form of gujarati language as well as the themes.

My memory also recalls some of favourite Gujarati writers -  Shivkumar Joshi, Chandrakant Baxi, Anil Joshi, Harindra Dave, Mohammad Mankad, Raghuvir Chaudhari, Madhav Ramanuj; stellar mgazines – Chandani, Akhand Anand , Kumaar or Stars of Children literature – Vijaygupta Maurya, Hariprasad Vyas, Gandiv, Ramakadun.

I, and many more like me, have not been able to maintain contact with these in the subsequent years, probably on account of limited reach of Gujarati print medium.

With advent of internet and digital technology from the start of 21st century, access to the new, techno-savvy, generation’s literary work has been easier.

However, it it seems that need of the hour is collaboration of individual and collective efforts of Writers , Publishers and all techno-savvy Gujaratis to revitalize the treasure of Gujarati Literature, subject of course to due respects to commercial and IPR interests,  with the help of the digital technology.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: correction
Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I personally feel such lengthy topic should be posted on the blog and linked to Indivine rather than forum AshokSmile

Ashok Vaishnav
from Ahmedabad
12 years ago

Thanks for your tip.

Ashok Vaishnav
Ashok Vaishnav
from Ahmedabad
12 years ago

I have moved the discussion to Indivine, as siggested

LockSign in to reply to this thread