Which is the favorite book of Indibloggers?

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Let us find out the most loved book of Indibloggers.Just post one book that you like the most and go back to all the time.It can be either in English or Hindi.

With so much interest in books we can have the best all time reads tab for everyone to share what they like to read most and it can be a permanent link.

My thanks to Dreaming eyes for bringing this up in an earlier post.This is just a continuation of that.

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: missed out credits
1-20
21-40
Replies 1 to 20 of 40 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hard to pick out just one favourite... but if I had to pick one it would be The Bourne Identity. If we can allow comics, then Calvin & Hobbes! Smile

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Bourne Identity was one of the first books I read.Robert Ludlum was my favorite author for a long time till I started reading more fact than fiction.His style is impeccable and his speed is heady.You can't keep this one down once you have picked it up.A great choice.

elizabeth
elizabeth
from vasai
14 years ago

Hi!!

I like THE ALCHEMIST by Paulo Coelho..

Think and Get Rich, Napolean Hill

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

It is getting interesting now.When Dreaming eyes asked about a number of books there were lots of names which were common but when we asked for just one name for an all time favorite the commonality is giving away.

Mine is Jonathan Livingstone Seagull,Richard Bach

Vinay Bavdekar
Vinay Bavdekar
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Airport, The Money Changers, Wheels, Strong Medicine and Hotel. All by Arthur Hailey.

Yogeshwar Kmar
Yogeshwar Kmar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Atlas Shrugged is leading.I have'nt read it even after my sister narrated the whole plot and told me what a great read it is.And you know what is my silly excuse - the print is too small and the book is too thick.But even that does'nt hold after Shantaram.

I guess its time for me to head for the bookstore.Cool

Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
14 years ago

My all time favorite is 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull' by Richard Bach.

'Malgudi Days' by R.K. Narayan is a very close second!

Sorry Rajnish, I just could not resist posting two booksSmile

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

But you made it up by choosing Jonathan Living stone which is my favorite too.

I have posted a video of the film which has music score by Neil diamond a couple of days back.May be you want to check it out.

There is also a book review on which you can possibly comment and share your thoughts.

Cheers ! Have a great day.

Tikulli
Tikulli
from Delhi
14 years ago

Agony and Ecstacy  by Irving Stone

&

The Thorn Bird by Colleen McCullough

There are so many to choose from.. posting the top two.. I love Gerald Durrell and Lawrence and many Latin American Authors, poets.

Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness - one in English

बाणभट्ट की आत्मकथा - हजारी प्रसाद द्विवेदी - one in Hindi

Both above are novels, But I like poetry more than novels. There are so many books of poems I love, that I can not select one as my favourite.

Thanks.

Websnacker
Websnacker
from New York
14 years ago

I am a Sci-Fi/Horror fan with Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov and Dean Koontz on top but my fav remains Malgudi Days by R.K. Narayan. And the fact that it was written by a Indian make it all the more special.

Review my Blog / Follow me on Twitter / Websnacker / Ideasonic Studios

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Need some more best books from Indi bloggers so we can decide at least the top three.Come on people ......share your wisdom.

Anyone reads books on philosophy ? OSHO, Marcus Aurelius,Neitzsche and Science books such as those of Frantz Capra The Tao of Physics,Web of life etc.

Nishchaya Bahuguna
Nishchaya Bahuguna
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Since you've mentioned a single book, I would go for:

English - The Catcher in the rye by JD Salinger

Hindi - Abhigyaan by Narendra Kohli

Ravi Lobo
Ravi Lobo
from Wisconsin
14 years ago

I am not able to decide, but definitely one of the two below,

1. The remains of the day (Kazuo Ishiguro)

2. The Brothers Karamazov (Dostoyevsky)

rads
rads
from Chicago
14 years ago

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
14 years ago

My latest blog has a whole reading list from me. But if I have to pick only one book from all of them then it is a tough call. I guess it will be: The Essays of Warren Buffett : Lessons for Corporate America

http://www.amazon.com/Essays-Warren-Buffett-Lessons-Corporate/dp/0966446119

By the way is any body aware of a widet for book list that can be added to the blog.

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

There are a couple of them - one is called book shelf or something but the problem is that they are not supported by wordpress.If you are on blogger or blogspot you are lucky.

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Since I started the discussion i will take the liberty of adding catcher in the ryeLaughing my second most favourite book

1-20
21-40
LockSign in to reply to this thread