Self promotion on the indiforum

conquer-the-self
conquer-the-self
from pondicherry
11 years ago

If an indiblogger member posts on the indiforum to offer his services free of cost to review sites and blogs and places a url linking his forum post to his site/blog, would you call it link spamming or self promotion? or both?

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I fully agree with you. Moderators must immedeately delete such threads.

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago
Good One TF!
conquer-the-self
conquer-the-self
from pondicherry
11 years ago

@Animesh    I am the one who jumps to conclusions and all of you are verified saints, is that what you want to say?

the solution is quite simple. write down the norms and post them here as stickys. By norms I mean normally accepted behavior on this forum. That way there will be no ambiguity and confusions.

I have nothing against indipolice but don't take kindly to immature putdowns and self opinionated...well don't make me say it. What gets my goat is the 'I've -seen- it all- done- it -all- attitude' we all have to go a long way before we even begin to understand the first letter of the word Communication or the 'f ' of Feedback.

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

'I've -seen- it all- done- it -all- attitude': I see the same attitude when I read you. Now making posts sticky, writing down norms etc., when would you understand that Indipolice cannot do it. We all simpe members like anyone else here with an additional right of deleting and locking threads. This has been told earlier, too.

Moreover, not everyplace needs this kind of rules which strictly go by words and are not liable to changes. At least Indiblogger is not such a place. That's why I said, you should take some time before ponting your guns. 

One more thing, self-promotion is not allowed, it is written. This is another thing that you yourself chose to ignore it in the beginning (and this is where all this has started). The definition of self-promotion has changed over period.

P.S.: Yes, I am verified saint!

conquer-the-self
conquer-the-self
from pondicherry
11 years ago

@ Animesh  No use arguing with you. you are simply reacting and stone walling and that will get us nowhere. 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@udaykumar - I suddenly remembered. Animesh had already created  a thread on the norms and it is a sticky one. Check this.

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=8681

Antara
Antara
from Kharagpur
11 years ago

@UdayKumar

Ok...TF is reviewing OTHER blogs, giving THEIR links on his blog, talking about THEM (them being us, really)...how in the whole wide world is that SELF-promotion? He has written such wonderful and detailed posts about other bloggers, trying to help them improve...have you? Please don't be so hasty to judge.

conquer-the-self
conquer-the-self
from pondicherry
11 years ago

@ Antara - You are missing the point here. According to the mods here, forum is not the place to advertise your services or to place links to your blogs( that is what the mods and indipoice are saying to everyone, TF included).  If you differ please take it up with the mods/indipolice.

Why I brought it up was to point out a glaring mistake but this has happened about a year back. Now, things are clarified , I hope.

Don't worry I don't judge people, including your precious TF. To me he is another indiblogger, just like you and me. I suppose that is the way it should be.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

All ij well ....  Tongue out

now let's pay some of our time and mind to our blogs... Sealed

btw, if i have posted a topic in my own blog and want to discuss about it with an honest spirit of discussing in indiforum there shouldn't be red-eyes against it Smile

conquer-the-self
conquer-the-self
from pondicherry
11 years ago

stop defecating all over the forum, the stench is unbearable. I mean consign your stale, spare popcorn to the nearest dustbin and rush to the nearest loo!

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
11 years ago

awww!!! poor crybaby is still crying!

i think there is a small tab on all posts and if any thing is offending or selfpromotion intensive can be easily reported. just click on the tab.

conquer-the-self
conquer-the-self
from pondicherry
11 years ago

one moron is dry hum*ing a rock in his drawing room

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Cool Story, dude!

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

hmm, so everyone around here is a moron except one!

conquer-the-self
conquer-the-self
from pondicherry
11 years ago

the original speaks up

LockSign in to reply to this thread