One request to all Indiblogger members

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Hey fellow bloggers,

Today I have a small request to you all....I want that you all please give some of your time to the review section of Indiblogger....Give some of your time to review the blog's of the members of Indiblogger.....Try to review at least 3-5 blogs/day....It will help that blogger to improve his/her blog, and inspire him.her to come up with a killer contents in the future......I will review all the blogs of all the members who will comment in this thread with my best possible knowledge (Please you don't have to leave your blog's link here, I'll find it via your profile).....so please be a little bit more active in the "Review Section"......It's a request.....

Replies 1 to 20 of 120 Descending
Dhaval Thakur
Dhaval Thakur
from Chennai
11 years ago
Oki:) I will do :D
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Thanks Dhaval for reacting quick, and taking the initiative forward.....Highly appreciable.....I will review your blog soon....

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Will do after my examsSurprised

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

All the very very best for your exams Pooja.....I'll review your blog soon enough.....do well in your exams.........

Fayaz Pasha
Fayaz Pasha
from Bangalore
11 years ago

You are right, we ought to reveiew at least a few new blogs and boost their spirits.  I usually do review new blogs but due to my schedule couldn't do it as well as I'm unable to post.  But will do it soon.  

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Hmm try to create some free time to do it....It'll help the blogger network to grow....

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

I had observed before, some bloggers just request for a review so casually that they don't even bother to reply back to their requested thread once you spend your valuable time reviewing it... and surely you feel like a donkey in such moments Laughing

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Yup that's very disheartening....but there is a proper saying in Hindi (Beta Karam kiye jao, faal ki asha mat kaaro Tongue out)....Jokes apart I'm totally agreed with you, but some of the bloggers do need some reviews or tips to enhance their blogging journey....so as a senior (experienced too) I think we should encorage them to stay connected with the blogging world....otherwise they may quit

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Aditya, it's nice to give or get a review but trust me nobody will quit blogging just because he/she didn't get the blog reviewed Laughing

See, it's only worthy to review those blogs where bloggers are serious/passionate... right?... so, when the passion is there within him/her the blogging won't die due to lack of our reviews... for such cases review is just for further refinement... in today's world bloggers, I mean serious bloggers are self-motivated Tongue out

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Aah, hi5 i was thinking to post the same.

Previously i used to review once a week, now i shall increase my frequency :)

and oh also, we should first review for 0 responses threads. what say?

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I would suggest you to reveiw at lesat once a day.....Yaa I'm totally agreed with you to reply to the 0 responses thread....but I have a slight added suggestion i.e. in my view we should only reply to the threads that are posted recently (say limit is a month)...It won't help that much to dig into old threads that had not received any responses....

Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Cool, that sounds better too

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

just kep your fingers crossed tht the reviewed blogger returns back to read your review Tongue out

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

That's why am saying to give priority in reviewing recently added blogs and threads...Thus your hardwork (reviewing) won't (or less likely) go in vain....

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

I would add to that, review blogs with a considerable number of posts and atleast 1-2 posts/month frequency Smile

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

@Anunoy- Bingo....absolutely perfect......we should review that blogs only, otherwise it may go in vain.........

Such thread already exists by hemal, any ways, nice pointer to bring to light. Rock on.
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I didn't know taht such thread already exists....anyway I just tried to bring it to limelight....so that people can understand the value of reviewing the blogs of fellow bloggers....So what's your to do list Rio? How may reviews per day or per week from now on??

I occasionally do when i see exceptional blog, hemal had offered some gifts too, at that time, still awaiting atleast something. Now your request is better, because no allurations. I cannot commit but you can see my reviews quite often. Guaranteed.
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Cool bhai... all ij well Tongue out

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

@Rio- That's okk.....Don't need to commit, just give some importance to that too....that's all am asking from you all

Aniruddha Rege
Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago
You are very correct, Aditya. I have reviewed 2 or 3 blogs there, but I will try and be more active. This is a community after all, and it is our duty to help improve other's blogs. Thanks for you initiative in bringing this to our notice.
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Yes thanks for understanding....reviewing two-three blogs here and there won't change much Ani....You need to active a bit more....Say 2-3 blogs/ day or 10 blogs a week....Take the pledge bro....

Pratik Thorat
Pratik Thorat
from Kalyan
11 years ago

I have started doing so, I am trying to do 1 per day, will try to help other bloggers.Smile

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Good work Pratik.....You are doing 1 per day..right?? Try to make it 10 per week...sounds possible na??

Treat and Trick
Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

I have reviewed other blogs when I first joined Indiblogger but sadly only one review I'd received  so far. Would appreciate your feedback on my blog....

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I would surely review it very soon.....By the way don't quit it.....You just keep doing it (reviewing other blogs)....It will help someone....Helping others is a nice feeling....trust me...and don't worry your blog will receive some good reviews too for sure.....In fact my blog has received "ZERO" reviews till date....Inspite of that am taking this initiative....Think about it.....

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

I appreciate your initiative Aditya!

But personally I feel reviewing a blog (offcourse I'm not telling of "Oh you have got a nice blog... keep blogging!") is not a 2-minutes-noodles sort of thing that it can be done @ 2-3 blogs/day... it's simply not feasible in long run, even if the 'josh' makes you do or 2-3 days... Rather reviwing 1-3 blogs per week as per individual's free slot sounds more practical. Think about it... Smile

and off course let's Do It....

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

@Anunoy- Actually while reviewing you should first think as a reader...."How was your experience on that site?"...This should be first thing to review as per me....In my view it takes around 10 minutes to review a new blog with lesser contents....while it takes 15-20 minutes to review a established blogs....so 2 per day may be possible, but 1 per day is easily achievable for sure....Start doing it...It won't bother you that much.....In your words "Lets Do it".........

Doc. Anda test kora junne puro anda khava dorkar na ki, a single bite and whoala, there you go.
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

PL-siR some blogs posted in review section are really 'one time boiled... never again' eggs.... so I guess a single bite for 7 consecutive days would be also fine Tongue out

Yo doc. In some cases that may happen, and khorab anda gets a supe feed back, from one like me, though it would be a rare happening,
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Laughing

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Aditya, I can't agree... 10-20 minutes!!! sometimes we spend on reading a single post! Well, for me, a review should have atleast these parameters:-

-First Impression:-Design:-Navigation / User friendliness:-Contents:-Frequency of blogging:-Strength:-Improvement corners:-Any other comment/suggestion:

and honestly think how much time do you need to analyse and comment on all these points...

Okey may be I'm too slow for you Tongue out... nevermind... good luck for your consistency in reviewing Smile

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I fully agree. That is why my review takes so much time. I read at least 10-15 posts before posting a review. It takes me good 2-3 hours to go through the blog and 30 minutes to put together my thoughts and write a review. Most of the reviews in the review sections are very superficial and I doubt if they are beneficial. And most people do not really want reviews - They only want readers and commentors. Anyways there is a demand for that kind of review and here is the supply. So good. I will continue my own kind of reviews as and when I have time. 

That's why i didn't apply for your reviews @ fool,
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Yes Lucifer, that is what I'm trying to explain...

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

@Anunoy-You haven't got my point bro.....First Impression:-Design:-Navigation / User friendliness:-Contents:-Frequency of blogging:-Strength:-Improvement corners:-Any other comment/suggestion (All these points are very important)....I do agree on that....but I guess 30 minutes is quite enough to go through the whole site....After that you need time to compile it and prepare a review....Can you break it (your points) up in minutes??? I mean how much time you need to prepare a review??

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Aditya, rather you didn't get my points broda Laughing

well I need not less than 1 hour... and spending that time everyday for a social cause won't feed my 'paapi-pet' Tongue out and as far as I know there will be so many whimpering 'paapi-pet's in this forum if most regular bloggers out here vow to respond to your 2-3 reviews/day call Cry

and once again I repeat I believe reviewing a blog should solve greater purpose than just instantenous motivation to the struggling blogger Smile

Aditya Bhargav
from Jamshedpur
10 years ago

ya completely agree, although i am new to the community (that means i have had only one review of my blog till now :P ) i went through the blogs of other members and found them really good. I will increase my reviewing capacity. 

Cheers to life \m/Blogger-n-proud ! 

Arish Dhawan
Arish Dhawan
from Chandigarh
11 years ago

heyy....kool idea...!!

i too should start it asap..Laughing

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Yaa in deed.....why late?? You should start now.....Oh Yes Abhi....... Tongue out

I will definitely start exploring and giving feedbacks on blogs... waiting to feedbacks for mine too...

I have had two very helpful feedbacks earlier as well and I did incorporate their suggestions.

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I will give you my feedbacks on your blog soon......and do strat process ASAP.....

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

anyway I'm glad to see so many bloggers taking interest in reviewing.... hope the spirit lives forever Smile

Yo
Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
11 years ago

ok done. I will do this too.

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Thank you for carrying on the initiative.....

Samar Khan
Samar Khan
from Pune
11 years ago

Thanks a lot for making an initiative Aditya, new bloggers like me seriously need some feedback something that didn't get at all inspite of asking for review! I will definitely review blogs, i truly beleive its crucial.

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Yup.....reviewing simply means appreciating someone's work, and giving some tips to continue the work in a better way.....so its crucial indeed.....I will provide you my feedback on your blog soon....

Manshi
Manshi
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks..i am doing..Tongue out

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

@Manshi-Keep doing it.....You are doing a good job......

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Cheers to all strong arms pushing this mass movement Smile

Yo

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

What a great initiative, Aditya! Kudos to all, +100 to all the replies above. Smile

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

@Arti- Thanks dear....I hope you are already participating in the initiative to make it a successful one.....am I ryt??

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Yup, you are right. :)

Hmmm
Hmmm
from Nainital
11 years ago

I am new to IndiBlogger. From now on, I will be checking more than one per visit, or as I get both time and chance at the same time. :)

I think all the members(who are not doubt new or old bloggers) should give their time to blog review section. It may not help the one who has asked for it, but to us too. After all, every blog is having some particular knowledge on varied topics, as well as it may give you ideas to improve your own blogs and writings.

So friend, "Forget everything and get sticked to it!" Cool

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Thanks for understanding the need of reviewing......Embarassed

Sumita
Sumita
from Chennai
11 years ago

I thought IndiBlogger team would review my blog...didn't know it is for the people, by the people, of the people! Smile Would love to have my blog reviewed and will certainly add my inputs wherever and whenever possible. Thanks in advance. Learning a lot via this forum.

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

@Sumita- I am slightly short of time today...But I am promising you taht I'll have a look at your blog soon, and try to help you to make it even better with the knowledges and experiences I gathered in my blogging journey......

LockSign in to reply to this thread