Regional (Indic) language blogging in India

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

We've published some stats based on the bloggers in the network. Makes me wonder where the rest of the regional language bloggers are!

http://blog.indiblogger.in/2009/01/15/regional-language-blogging-in-india/

Replies 1 to 13 of 13 Descending

of course! where the rest of the regional langauge bloggers are?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

@himashu - perhaps you could find them for us - I don't know a word of Hindi! Embarassed

Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
15 years ago

How about sending out an email to regional language bloggers? We could get some volunteers here on Indiblogger who could help draft an email  in the local language about Indiblogger(kind of a translation of the 'shout out' that Renie sent out to all bloggers) 

Based on the stats provided on the Indiblogger blog, majority of them are Hindi.

Other languages are Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Malayalam, Kannada, Gujarathi, Bengali, Urdu, Punjabi, and Sanskrit.

@Renie -What do you think? 

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Adarsh - great idea. Time to rope in a few volunteers!

Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
15 years ago

@Renie -Yep, I volunteer for Kannada! Indibloggers, we need more volunteers!

Kabeeranban
Kabeeranban
from Mysore
15 years ago

Hi Renie- I  represent  English, Tamil and Kannada.  Though I have  attached 1 in tamil (out of 3 of my Tamil) and one in English to indiblog. If you wish more bloggers to enroll in Indiblog should start aggregating service like enewss . I think this will add more value. The membership in Enewss is around 600, whereas Indiblog is 6000 !!

This is also more than Tamilmanam another very popular aggregator in Tamilmanam whose memebership is around 4000. If Indiblogger wish to attract more of regional bloggers here lies the secret. Smile

Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
15 years ago

@ Kabeeranban - I just visited enewss! Neat way of locating regional language bloggers. Agree with you that Indiblogger could use something similar.

@Khushi - Thank you!

How about a list of people so that we know where we have people to start working on, and where we don''t.

Hindi  -  Khushi

Gujarati - Khushi

Tamil - 

Telugu - 

Marati - 

Malayalam - 

Kannada - Adarsh

Bengali - 

Urdu - 

Punjabi - 

Sanskrit - 

Please add your names to the list. 

Thanks,

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

An aggregator is another thing we're working on - thanks for the suggestions, and for all the help! Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Um.... did this initiative die a quick death? Smile

Kabeeranban
Kabeeranban
from Mysore
15 years ago

I understand thatan  aggregator is a little complex thing to implement.

See my posting on Blog-Ring which may be an alternative for better navigation for the members. Indiblogger Logo can be made part of the template.

Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
15 years ago

@Renie -Kannada translation is in process. I apologize it was on the back burner for some time now. Will send it to you as soon as it is done. 

Sachin Jain
Sachin Jain
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Blogvani.com is having a huge number of hindi blogs.

Bhagyashree
Bhagyashree
from Los Angeles
14 years ago

I am ready to volunteer for Marathi (if this idea & thread is still alive! ) :)

top marathi aggregator is www.marathiblogs.net and www.blogwani.com

LockSign in to reply to this thread