DO u accept same gender love ?

There are millions of love stories floating around us.Would you read a love story between same genders and not be biased.DO u accept same gender love ?

What is your reaction if your friend has a same gender lover?

Will you still be excited and ask them how they met? whats going on?Is he/she serious?

OR ask why are you doing this? whats the future? what will society say?

I wrote a  NON FICTION story of unaccepted love between NIKITA and RADHA, one of my friend pings me the next day  on FB(cos he doesnt want to leave a comment on my post) and asks why would u write something like this? 

He is the same guy who pretends to be very COOL and Westernized.

Leave a reply there telling me your views or experience about the same.

Replies 1 to 20 of 20 Descending

this is a tough question to ask. I personally can say I will read it without bias and free mind, but inner grassroot level upbringing will be latent and have it's own deterrent views. These type of works can be said to be unique ones and it will take time to sink in the cultural attitudes of masses.

Ananya
from Banglore, Seattle, USA
10 years ago

Yes sadly for most of us we are too trained to think with an open mind.

Thanks for your opinion RIO.Hope u enjoy reading the post!

Gaurang
from delhi,noida
10 years ago

just because u wrote some story...it doesnt mean u r very open minded and others are ..not..it is medically  proved psychological condition..which should be treated not to be appreciated by people like u who just support homosexuality in the name of social freedom and dont know the abcd of medical science. 

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

@Gauru: Homophobe alert

It is becaue of people like you that so many people are being discriminated against. You speak about medical science? Sadly you haven't read the overwhelming research of the subject. Of all people, you being a doctor (dermatologist , atleast your profile says so) chose to ignore all that .

Sad day 

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I second you!

Ranvijay Rathore
Ranvijay Rathore
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Ananya frankly speaking i accept same gender love....its not bound with ny limitation that a guy can love a girl or vice versa...in today's generation anyone can love....if two people had a feeling for each other there is nothing wrong in them.Some of them think its a psychological disorder but its not.We should move ahead and accept them as a part of society where everyone is equal.

+1 Rakesh

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Hi Ananya,--I do accept same gender love and would like reading love stories too, some time ago yahoo did feature and indo-american same gender couple's wedding photo shoot. It was beautiful.

-- I do have friends with same gender love :) and they are just normal, there's nothing different about them :) So yes we do talk about each other's life as we normally do :)--As per my view, just like @ranvijay has mentioned, if two people like each other and want to stay with each other forever, there's absolutely nothing wrong. They are a part of the society. And we should accept them :)

Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
10 years ago

Everyone in our country has the right to freedom, how does this then don't fall into the category of 'freedom'? What 2 people do/like in their person life is no one's business and stopping them from liking someone is no business of any one either. When we go on the high road and say that India is developing, we need to take a pause and realize that we still believe in certain primeval theories which to this very date continue to haunt India's dream of becoming a developed nation. 

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
10 years ago
I second animesh here. If two people choose to be together its completely their descision. Will I talk to them normally and want to know their story? Of corse yes. Unfortunately in many families even normal love marriage( between a guy and a gal) is not allowed let alone same gender love.
True

It's really interesting to know your thoughts ,Thanks for posting them.

But before we proceed ,Let me give you a few more reactions from my COOL friend

He reads my post again the next day, tries to figure out if I am NIKITHA or RADHA ??

His message " I know you are NIKITHA, so tell me which friend was Radha was it X,Y or Z?"

I said "YOU figure it out".

Few other friends, did ask me the same question.

Some friends really liked my post but left their comments privately in FB message ( Why not on my blog).

This is when I realised same gender love is as natural and pure as any other form of love , only difference we are trained for too many years not to accept it and even if we do, we try not to express it.Some who come out in open are outcast by the society.

This friend you are talking about is a gal or a boy.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

only difference we are trained for too many years not to accept it 

theres a system in place thats why we've been trained. male and female bodies are built in such a way that they compliment each other.....doesnt it look odd when two guys have s.e.x....or two females...to me it does. ( i have full right not to accept it and nobody can force me to accept it at all )

btw i asked about animal or incest love...are you gonna accept that too ?....becos that also takes place. are you open-minded about that?

He is a boy. 27 years old, Engineer , works in an multinational IT company but I can't call him a Man , Can I ?

There are different mindsets and if i would be you, I would let it pass,

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

In my opinion, people are free to like or dislike anybody as long as they do not let their biases influence their professional and business interactions. Every person has a right not to seek friendship of people belonging to certain relegions, belonging to certain countries or regions, in certain professions or having certain habits. In the same light choosing not to be friendly with people in same gender relationship is a person's right as long as one does not use the same for discrimination in a professional or business transaction in a nation or state where such relations are allowed by law.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

As per my understanding, people referring to the attraction to a person of a same gender as a medical condition are not technically wrong.

Basically medical condition is when the human body or parts of it such as cells or organs behave differently from how they are supposed to behave - this could be due to non living substances (diet, chemicals, poisons), other organisms (bacteria, protozoa), stray DNA materia (virus) or genetic dispostion (cancer, diabetes). Similary mind behaving different from how it should due to biological reasons or due to external influx of ideas can be called a mental disease. 

Now the catch is in defining what do we mean by behaving differently from how a cell or an organ should behave. Some of the behaviors different from the expected can even be benefitial. Even evolution itself is a result of deviant behaviours that can be classified as medical conditions. So then we might have to classify diseases as only those deviant behaviors that can lead to death or incovenience to an organism.  This definition brings the question of whether homosexuality is a disease or not back to the mindset of the people. In a society that abhors such behavior, it can be incovenient and even fatal. So it could be classified as a disease in such a society.

Similary it can be classified as a disease with respect to performance of the natural reproductive function.

If we go by alternate definition and call anything that can be altered through medicines as a medical condition, still it can be called a medical condition. We have medical procedures to change people from male to female and vice versa. So obviously it must be possible to medically alter the condition of attraction to same gender as well.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i have a different theoryTongue out ---- i feel those who have these kinda attraction may have been from the opposite gender in their previous lives...i dont have any proof :|

I beleive you to be christian ND,(may be I am wrong) and I think christians do not beleive in rebirths etc.Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i was born a hindu...but i'm agnostic in my beliefs regarding religions/rituals. and i do believe in rebirth/soul/ghosts etc etc but according to my own logicsTongue out

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

She is Wiccan.

Ohhk, that's great ND,
Shruti
Shruti
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I ma helping a gay friend of mine find his love and I will be happiest should he succeed in it... there's nothing wrong I believe.. after all, how many times have we heard the saying, all's fair in love and war... I believe there shouldn't be any hue and cry about the whole issue.. it hardly makes any sense.. if two people are in love, what's the reason for all the fuss

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

actually its good....it'll reduce population in our country..

btw i asked about animal or incest love...are you gonna accept that too ?....becos that also takes place. are you open-minded about that? Please do once again read the forum topic , my question is related abt same gender , when i say same gender i mean the whole discussion is about HUMAN BEINGS . I hope your question is answered.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

no its not answered because its clubbed together along with same gender as 'unnatural se.x' under the laws....btw incest is between HUMAN BEINGS...so you are open minded about that???

on a lighter note, I read of a joke which I am postig. please see it in a lighter vein. Two friends one gal and a boy are sitting in a bar, Gal says to the boy, "I am so worried, is there something wrong with me, a disease or something, I want to throw myself into the arms of the beautiful georgeous gal sitting there." The boy too looks in that direction and says, "who teaches you rubbish things, there is nothing wrong in it, I too want to throw my self"

Ananya
from Banglore, Seattle, USA
10 years ago

Nice Smile

Laughing Super

@Nandini Deka

I am NOT campaigning for same sex love here or incest or sex with animals.(YOu need to read my forum question again ) All i am saying is everybody has a right to choose the way they live. I shouldn't and wouldn't base my decision to choose to be friends with someone based on one's sexual orientation. 

I second @Animesh and @Sweety's thoughts on this. Lot of the things which are acceptable to one person may not be acceptable to others. 

Now to answer your question which is totally irrelevant to this topic, I dont know of any sane person who married an animal, no one in their right set of mind would do something like that. Would i accept it ? No, because there is no way to understand if that animal would approve of that relationship Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

yes..everyone has right to choose whichever way they wanted to live, same way everyone has right not to accept it either. the reason i included animal/incest is because according to law it is clubbed as 'unnatural sex' along with same gender, so it was relevant that way....if a person is repulsed at animal/incest....he might be repulsed at same gender too....since you asked if others were opened minded to it...i asked if the people who claim to  be open minded are accepting those too since they come under same law of 'unnatural sex'................................ regarding animal theres no way to understand the animal is disapproving eitherWink

and let me repeat it everyone has right to NOT accept homosexuality either...you cannot force someone to accept it in the name of modernity/open mindedness/westernized and taunt him as homophobeSmile ( as you criticised your friend )

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Forgive me if I come across as rude, but please before throwing ideas such as incest, I would advise people to read tonnes and tonnes of research already done on this  subject. Homosexuality was initially considered a disease, mental condition etc etc..after years and years of research it was proven that it is not. If you chose to not accept it still , with Gays and lesbians  being part of this society ,and chose to be repulsed by it , you basically are validating the stand of even people who oppose equal rights for women. There are enough people who beleive women are not equal to men and are not unvocal in their opinions, are we now ready to not criticize them?

If we speaka bout being different, what about race? 

Science says , being gay is as natural as being a left handed, if you still chose to consider that unnatural ..because you think you are being forced to accept it in the name of modernity, I am not sure if that is a correct behavior.

The comfort of people to accept change has nothing to do with what is right, by chosing to not accept it as natural, people do a great disservice to fellow human beings . Your choice to let it exist but saying that right "NOT to accept" , is like saying..I chose to beleive earth is flat. Yes you have the right, but no you still woul d be criticised for that. Yes you would be judged for these views, this is about human rights of millions of people .  If we expect people to air such views and get away with it, people who still say women should not be allowed to work, vote or go out alone should also not be criticized. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

two boys having sex is very very unnatural for me...nothing on this world can convince me/anyone ( who donot accept ) that it is natural same goes for two females....if i'm repulsed i am repulsed....no force on this world can make me admire it....you simply cannot force someone to accept or like it.... its also infringing upon their rights......I HAVE FULL RIGHT NOT TO ACCEPT WHAT I CONSIDER UNNATURAL, ITS MY WISH! MY FREEDOM! GET THAT!  and yes its unnatural cos as per nature a perfectly built human body ( male or female) are normally designed for the opposite gender not same. I wont say abt transgender --- their case is different.  And I didnt say homosexuals shouldnt get their rights as citizens...of course they have full right.....i also have full right not to accept/admire their orientation, simpleSmile

and yes throwing incest was very vital too....because i was curious if anyone was repulsed by it and if so why? its between opposite gender isnt it and it happens a lot same as lgbt? ( and it comes under laws as 'unnatutal sex' as LGBT ) so if someone has right not to accept incest, others have right not to acept homosexuality too Smile

btw how does women's rights come in here?  talking about earth's flat/womens rights doesnt make sense..................

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

It makes very much sense, You can chose to NOT accept it but then you should accept it when people may call you a homophobe  and judge you.  You should accept it that people would form opinions based on this and are free to do so. Would you not called someone Racist if he she says that seeing black people makes him sick? So be ready to be on the other side. 

The whole idea about it is that a thing that has been scientifically proven to be natural cannot be left to the discretion of the individual tastes 

Bodies designed for opposite sex? Who said so? Isisnt that teh whole reasarch about? That it is natural. If you consider intimacy and sex as only means of bearing children, what about people who cannot concieve? or women past menopause ? Their bodies are no longer fit to bear children, whould we be disgusted by the thought of them having sex?

There are still areas in the country where women stay outside their homes during their periods because the "Men folk" are basically disgusted by the idea of blood, the powerful majority dictates how the world works and what rights they have. Similarly the powerful majority here "Straight" men/women are trying to justify it based on what they like and do not like.

This is discrimination of the purest form, why defend it? If you are ready to accept this discrimination, you should be ready to accept many more discrimination that have existed in our society..the practice of un touchables foe eg. Why do we criticise people who still promotr this practice?

You may chose to beleive whatever, but don't be offended if you are judged based on that.

And again about incest etc: As i suggested, please read the research on Homosexuality , all these questions have been answered many many many times. Atleast understand Why homosexuality is natural , how they finally arrived at this conclusion.

Till then food for thought:

Traditionally right hand was used to eat and left to wash yourself. Left hand was considered dirty and disgusting. Imagine watching someone in front of you eating with the same hand that reminds you of washing ...disgusting ? Based on this, am I justified to call left handed people disgusting, vbecause Right handed individuals are the natural ones as per me? And I should not be criticized

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

whats ur opinion about incest...i'm curious...it happens too and a lot, i'd love to know ur opinion abt it if you are open minded about it. ..

if i'm called homophobe just cos i dont like the orientation...i hardly bother, my like or dislike wont change. and ive already said as citizens they have full right so where does judging me come from? i never supported discrimination, i only dont recommend encouraging it. why do u think only u've researched about it and others havent?Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

what about people who cannot concieve? or women past menopause ? Their bodies are no longer fit to bear children, whould we be disgusted by the thought of them having sex?

some people have cancer...some donot....and so on...

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

also i'm curious if you have a son or daughter and when they grow up they choose this same gender orientation, would you be as welcomingSmile

Animesh
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Good question Nandini, I have written something on the same topic around two years back. You can read it here: -

http://animeshkmishra.com/what-if-your-son-wanted-to-marry-a-boy/

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
9 years ago

On the subject of incest and animal sex - I believe that the idea of being open to a different sexual orientation is ONLY when the sex is consensual. The problem with incest is that it is, more often than not, non-consensual in the sense that one party normally has an emotional ascendancy over the other and, therefore, the other is not normally giving informed consent. Thus, more often than not, the act is not one of sex but of rape, even if the rape is not violent. (As in the case of same gender sex, there are genetic reasons why incest is not acceptable. Same gender sex does not lead to reproduction and, thus, to the propagation of the species, which is why it was traditionally looked upon as unnatural. Incest leads to in-breeding and, thus, weaker progeny. Rules of what constitutes incest differ from Society to Society - for eg. it was common in the South of India for someone to marry his Bua's daughter OR Mama's daughter whereas wide swathes of North India considers these as sibling relationships and, therefore, incestuous)

AND, as for animal sex, is the animal supposed to have given informed consent for consensual sex? :)

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
9 years ago

Suresh, +1

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Your quote: "when they grow up they choose this same gender orientation,"...And you say you have researched :) Lovely . Mam, you have not even understood the basic tenents of Homosexuality , homosexuality is NOT a CHOICE..I rest my case

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago
Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

And nevertheless, still answeing your question:

If my son/daugher turns out to be Homosexuals I would tell them, i support them and maybe advise them to move to a country where there is much better acceptance, where they do not need to seek permission for their existence from Homophobes..

What would you do? Give them baba ji ki jadi booti aur beat the Gay out of them? Or maybe marry them off and hope that Gay goes away?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i'll tell them ja ji le apni zindagi....aur aagey se kabhi shakal mat dikhaLaughingCool

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

The same article you shared says " He said: 'The thing that’s consistent across all of them is that they all point to sexual orientation being something fundamental to a person rather than the lifestyle choice some opponents of equality repeatedly suggest"

The article enforces the view and even talks about 40% chance to detect it Via genes ...What exactly was your point?

And you just said that you would rather disown your children for what they are...Than accept them, accept the tonnes of science and millions of people ...all because you are disgusted and then you claim that you do not discriminate. . I am not even sure what to say now. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

discrimination would be if i did the things u mentioned abt beating them up or marrying them off hoping they'd change....i;m actually letting them go n live as they like, i may not wanna see them anymore cos yes, its something i dont want them to be...but if they become then its their choice...i wouldnt want a son to bring a son-in-law in my houseUndecided he can go live in his own house same goes for daughter too

LockSign in to reply to this thread