Adsense to start wire transfers for Indian Publishers for payments from month of

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Adsense has completed its beta testing of wire transfers to Indian publisher and is now rolling it out for every Indian publisher who has Adsense.  This is the gist of what you have to do to enable wire transfers :

Hello AdSense publishers in India!

We’re excited to let you know that we’ll soon be improving the payments process in India and use a faster, more reliable, and secure alternative to cheque payments.  As part of upgrading your account to our new payments system, we are replacing cheque payments with U.S. Dollar international wire transfers.  We think you’ll find this to be a major improvement over cheque payments, and we welcome your feedback to let us know how this changes your payment experience.  Publishers participating in our recent wire transfer beta testing report minimal fees (typically Rs. 56/- to Rs. 110/-, approximately $0.90 to $1.78) and favorable exchange rates on these transactions.  You’ll benefit from receiving these payments in your bank account automatically, saving you from a trip to the bank.

I’d like to extend an invitation to anyone who would like to opt-in to wire transfer payments for the upcoming March scheduled payment.  If you would like to receive this update on your account now, apply a “self-hold” to your payments.  You can find this feature within the “payment settings” options.  Over the coming weeks, we’ll be upgrading accounts in India with a payment self-hold to our new payments system.  To be eligible for this month’s payment cycle, please make this preference change prior to Sunday, 16 March, 06:00 (AM) IST.

After this upgrade, you’ll need to provide wire transfer instructions for your bank account so that we can send your future payments.  Be sure to obtain your bank’s specific wire transfer instructions for receiving U.S. Dollar wire transfers from abroad.  While you may be able to find information such as your bank’s SWIFT code from an Internet search or members of the forum community, we strongly recommend only using instructions that you receive directly from your bank’s web site or agent as incorrect information could delay your payments.  Unlike our old payments system, there is no strict monthly deadline for updating your payment details, so you’ll have plenty of time to complete this step.

We want you to receive the most value possible from your AdSense payments.  Google pays most fees involved with sending payments by wire transfer and does not charge a fee for this service.  Your bank will perform the U.S. Dollar to Indian Rupee currency exchange according to their policies, and it will typically assess a small fee covering the mandatory Service Tax required for currency conversion transactions. We recommend that you check your bank's fee schedule to understand how it applies fees for receiving foreign wire transfers. We cannot recommend or endorse specific banks.

Frequently Asked Questions

Question: How long will it take for my wire transfer payment to arrive in my bank account?

Answer: It may require 3-5 or more business days from the date when our bank informs us that it accepted the payment before the funds to appear in your bank account.

Question: My bank’s instructions show that I need to provide an intermediary bank, but the form within AdSense shows this as being optional.  What should I provide?

Answer: Our bank has the ability to look up the current intermediary information that is needed to properly route most payments and recommends that you leave these fields empty.

As of now you are required to put a self hold on your adsense payments to enable this option.
Replies 1 to 16 of 16 Ascending
Monika Chaudhary
Monika Chaudhary
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Google will not allow anyone to get the payments through cheque because EFT payment system is LIVE.

Soon everybody will have to enter new payment system into their account.

I have upgraded my new EFT paymnet system into my account. If you all are ready to do it, following URL will help you how to set your EFt paymeny details to Google Adsense account.

http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=356154

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
9 years ago

There are lot of AdSense publishers still having the cheque payment option... Eventually they all will be upgraded to new payment system.

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
9 years ago

Google is upgrading publishers in batches to the wire transfer program. Pitting on self hold has no effect on this.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

its not upgrading all accounts at once? wat are the criteria of the batches?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Dont know about batches Innocent I believe that Adsense is rolling it out to all Indian publishers because two of my friends and me received emails that cheques wont be delivered from month of May.

@Tony

If it is true, it will help a lot of people here  Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Alex and Tony yep the new way is good but Indian banks exchange rates suck Undecided

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
9 years ago

One advantage with the new ystem is, you can change the payee name anytime. 

technophilo
technophilo
from Vellore
9 years ago

I could receive the AdSense payment without any hassle of locating courier guy and running to bank to deposi cheque hoping to get it cleared soon!!

AdSense wire tranfer is successfull and can be easily got by folowing these steps,

1) Put your earnings or check payment on hold before 15th of particular month to get your account updated to the new payment system. Once it is upgaraded you will receive a mail

2) Add the new form of ayment in your payment method. Fill the details like name, bank name, IFSC code, SWIFT code. Even if your branch doesnt have a SWIFT code you can give of neighbouring branch of same bank having SWIFT code, ask your bank branch they will help you in this.

3) Within 8 - 10 working days after the payment issued mail, amount will be credited to your bank account. If bank has any queires about the payment they may make you a call for purpose code or you can visit bank after a week of payment if amount is not credited. So mention the purpose code as P1007 for the payment as it is given by RBI.

thats really nice on AdSense to introduce wire transfer... but still we will miss the classic cheque payment!!!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

does no 1 option really work? my adsense is in a limbo currently

They made it complusory and there is no need to feel insecure. Wire Transfer is safest mode of money transfer process. Details will be available in below link.

WIRE Transfer-Money Transfer facility to and from India

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

ND the whole payments page has changed now.  Do you have email support with adsense guys??

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

in new version...only landing page looks diff...rest are same na?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

No ND the payment page has also been changed see here > http://prntscr.com/3gdqmx

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

SurprisedCry

Pawan
Pawan
from New Delhi
9 years ago

You can also check one of my post on this. http://www.tech2blog.com/how-to-receive-adsense-payments-wire-transfer-india/

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
10 years ago

Google's wire transfer for Indian publishers is half-baked currently.Thats why I said the EFT option from Google is risky at this point and don't go for it unless you are ready to take the challenge. Read the list of risks I predicted when Google announced the EFT option for Indian publishers. Many publishers who opted for wire transfer are "trapped" now.

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
10 years ago

Goole has enabled Wire Transfer option for those who opted for it, including me. And as I expected and posted earlier, it has come with its own problems. The account number field in AdSense wire transfer settings allows only 16 digits and my account number is 17 digits. As of now, I am stuck.  I lost the cheque payment option and I can't configure wire transfer Innocent

I have reported the issue to Google and they are working on a fix. They are manually fixing the issue for my account.

Here is the bug report - https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/adsense/nKqhxJwF4DU/RG8EBoq9ExAJ 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Saw that yesterday Tony, nice of you to give the RBI link was studying it yesterday.  Regarding bank digit problem I dont think that will be a big issue.  Anyways waiting this one out, will opt for it April onwards

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

I lost the cheque payment option 

cant they be changed later? for eg if someone chooses WT...does his cheque option vanishes and cannot be restored if they wanna opt check again?

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

If I had Adsense, I would not opt for this right now! Completely agree with Tony!

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
10 years ago

Vijay Prabhu,

This program is still under "trial". Read this part in the announcement: "I’d like to extend an invitation to anyone who would like to opt-in to wire transfer payments for the upcoming March scheduled payment."

Google doesn't even have a proper process to select/unselect EFT for Indian publishers. Instead, they ask us to use the "Self hold" option to double as a "Choose EFT" option. Every Indian publisher who has selected a self-hold will be getting EFT and not really self-hold :-)

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
10 years ago

If you depend on AdSene income for payment of your bills, it is better to stay away from the trial of EFT for Indian AdSense publishers. You will never know what kind of issues you are going to face when you jump into this. Better let others try and share their experience. A lot of things can go wrong during this trial and your payment may get delayed. It is better to sign up for EFT only after they go public. As of now, it is by invitation only, even though you can choose to get invited by choosing the "self hold" option (which is weird).

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Tony this is not invite only, this is applicable for all Indian Adsense publishers Cool

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Whenever I see an adsense thread, I feel like crying :((

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Aap ke gum me mai shamil hu dont cry Cry

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Whenever I see Adsense mentioned, I feel like crying :((

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Vijay  Laughing

Rity Let's cry together :(( Others are also welcome to join Cry

Even I feel like crying whenever i listen the word Adsense

Charan A.C
Charan A.C
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Nice information :)

Any idea about the minimum payout? Does it remain same?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Charan the payout is same but you get money around 15 days early Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread