Locked Gadget wish list for 2015

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

We all have gadgets... though we are free to love or hate them. We are just as free to dream of having more as we are to wish to give them all away.

Let us see what the gadget wish of bloggers for 2015 is... this just might reveal some interesting facts.

#WishList

1-20
21-40 41-54
Replies 1 to 20 of 54 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

A smartphone and a tab/ iPad is not as important in my 2015 #WishList as a few other things are.

1. Drone with a camera

2. GoPro Camera

3. Nikon D800

4. Camera lens 18-400

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Only Cameras in 2015?...Laughing

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Only gadget I wanted was Kindle Paper White. I have it. I don't want anything else.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

My son gifted me one last year... and the irony is that I have not been able to read even a single book on it as my desk is piled with unread print editions that need to be read and reviewed.

So I open my Kindle PaperWhite once every few days and read a couple of pages in any randomly selected book. :)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Kindle Paper white is a blessing for someone who travels a lot like me, Mr. Passey. Would not have completed 89 books last year without it.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I want a new laptop. Cry

A camera is welcome. Other than that, I am not a fan of gadgets. In fact, I use for phone only for calls, sms (once in a while) and taking photos of my drawings to publish in my blog posts Foot in mouth

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Have you tried the stylus slate from Wacom for drawings anytime, @Ranjit?

If yes, what is your opinion?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

No, I haven't.

I am wondering what to do with HH voucher and you gave an idea. I'll buy a wacom tablet. Money mouth

I want a new NAS setup to replace / supplement my older 2TB drive. I want a new stereo amp for the family room. Another acoustic guitar - a Taylor 400 series and acoustic amp. Also I want to replace the old solidstate cheapo Marshall with a proper tube amp so my Gretsch 5120 can stretch out.

Not really gadgets...

I'd like a lighter laptop than the my current 15" Macbook Pro. And a new phone to replace my old (and cracked) iphone 4

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

I have a Lacie at home... and it is a relief to know that your data is backed up and secure.

I already have a NAS and I want to beef that up. Right now it serves up movies, music and backs up my Macbook Pro all from one NAS. I want separate discs for music, movies and backups.

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

1. Sony Laptop

2. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G

3. Mercedez

4. FB free internet from Mark

5. More HH vouchers for buying gadget

6. IndiContest Gifts as gadget

7. Gadget wish continues...Wink

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

You plan to use a Xiaomi sitting in a Mercedes? :)

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

No, I plan to use Laptop sitting in a Mercedez (or Audi -now added the gadget) with free net (from Mark) and HH vouchers / Gifts cross checking, beside sometime ringing phone (of Xiaomi)...Laughing and looking  for records of all collective gadgets list in laptop (Excel sheet)...phew...hemmm.

Anusha
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Hahaha  :) Good one :)

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

iPhone 10 Frown

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

10 ? Innocent

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Interesting. What will the iPhone 10 be? A biodegradeable chip-set surgically implanted in the epidermal layer giving a human every tech advantage of the day? :)

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Nice AP Cool Truth has been spokenWink

Desktop

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

We need bigger rooms for a desktop... so I'd ask for a farmhouse thrown in free with a desktop! :)

DS
DS
from Mumbai
9 years ago
Hmmm... Just yesterday I slammed my head in the glass door of my office as my eyes were buried in my mobile and I mistook the closed glass door for an open one. I now proudly sport a big lump on my forehead just above my eyebrows. I think it is a lesson to stay away from gadgets, the human race is already neck deep in useless gadgets.
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I guess it's a lesson for us, not using a phone while driving, either a vehicle, or himself/herself. =))

DS
DS
from Mumbai
9 years ago
I love the answers given by TF and Ranjith. As it is, we mostly just hoard seemingly useless array of gadgets never really using them. And the kids, their childhood is being fast lost in the midst of technological advance. #LessGadgetsIn2015
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Laughing

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

My gadget wishes are weirdest of them all.

A good enough 4G smartphone will do. I don't yet know if there are any available, here in India.

A Canon/Nikon dSLR, pro ones if possible, if not then the EOS 600D with some 18-300mm lens kits, a 50mm prime and a couple of macro lenses will do.

A couple of 250 watt Solar Panels, solar charge controller, changeover switches and a couple of other stuff for my planned Hybrid-solar power project for my home.

A 14/15" Alienware.

Cars and bikes, do they come under gadgets :-/

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Oh, I forgot a 65-75" 4K LED TV, a Timex Expedition or a Casio Edifice wrist watch :P

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Why do you need a camera ck? Laughing Your camera photos already look professional enough! Laughing

As far as I know, cars and bikes are not gadgets. Innocent

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

r, I still want my pics to look professional. Don't want to shoot with a phone forever. Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

ok Innocent

As you you will be participating in HH from next yr, you will have enough money for a cam in 2-3 months Wink

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

really? does HH pay so much to get a 30K cam and 15-20K lens kits as well, in 2-3 months. :))

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I thought that 10-15k would be enough. In Dec, HH gave me 4k, so in 3 months you can get 12k Innocent

and you can add your commissions as well Money mouth

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Casio Edifice? Thought you'd ask for a Longines! :)

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I guess, I'll be quite content with the edifice Tongue out

Bushra M
from Bangalore
9 years ago

WHat is HH? Innocent

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Bushra, Happy Hours. Tongue out

Oindrila De
Oindrila De
from Mumbai
9 years ago

1. A DSLR

2. A foldable tent

3. Garmin fitness band

4. A smartwatch

5. Google Glass Cool

6. Wireless earplugs or shake-proof headphones (that don't fall off my head when I'm running)

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

You mean IEMs? Google glass may not be a good idea, but smartwatch is. 

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

TS, I guess she said headphones, over the ear ones. Tongue out

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

ear plugs, no? It goes in, yo!

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

A Garmin band? Just wondering why you didn't combine a Galaxy S with a Galaxy Note 4? :)

Oindrila De
from Mumbai
9 years ago

@The Sorcerer: I just googled IEM. That looks pretty interesting! I was actually talking about those really tiny ear plugs that don't fall off and are wireless and hasslefree.

@CyberKID: If I don't get those earplugs, I'd like wireless headphones that sit tight on my head. I've had very poor experience with wires dangling all over and ruining my runs.

@Arvind Passey ji: I'd have to wish for a new phone/phablet too for the smartwatch-phone combo. My current phone works just about fine. I don't want to be too greedy Tongue out

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

#A basic laptop

# A decent enough tablet- nexus probably

# Dimastech Easy XL bench table- sahara yellow

# X99 motherboard and DDR4 kits

# 4K screen with decent enough refresh rate.

# Samyang 35 mm T1.5 VDSLR Manual Focus Video Lens for Canon 600D, along with some light equipment for YT videos

# couple of 3TB HDDs

# Air Conditioner- booked 1.5 ton O general :D

# Good internet connection with atleast 1-2Mbps of upload speed.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

May your wish be granted in 2015! :)

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I want a superb smartphone, a good smartwatch, a laptop and much more Cool

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

So, which smartphone do you think is 'superb'... which smartwatch qualifies as 'good', and which laptop is in your mind?

Mohit
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Arvind may be iPhone 6 Cool actually no definition of superb smartphone as I just want to try out my hands on every new gadget. Ah Arvind any laptop which makes the work of a blogger easy as currently am using desktop. And a good smartwatch according to me is the one which comes with all the features. Arvind sir this year you won many vouchers so which gadgets you bought???just asking Smile

The more we have, the more we desire.

Meri pyaari daadi kahaa karti theen - insaan ki tamanaayein kabhi khatam nahi hoti. Pehle kehta hai roti mil jaaye, roti mil jaati hai, to saath mein daal, sabzi, achaar aur paapad bhi chaahiye. #FeelingPhilosophical Sealed Tongue out

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

You're right. Yeh sab toh maya hai... maya se moh kaisa!

:)

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Money never enough and Money nobody's enough...more, more and more requirements which will be fulfilled only when breath stops.

Listen -no meal is truly complete without achaar.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I don't want roti! rice, chicken, dal and papad are enough! Laughing

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Look like you missed 'Mutton' and 'Pepsi' tooSmile.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I don't like mutton and pepsi (only maaza) Laughing

Chandresh Jain
Chandresh Jain
from Delhi
9 years ago

Google Eyewear ... So clicking pictures actually became a task of blinking my eye only :)

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Google goggles will surely be reborn in a much evolved avatar in 2015... in its present state it pushes a person to blink too often and lose track of the real issue. :)

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

iPad Mini Tablet. And a keyboard, pressure-sensitive stylus along with it. 

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Why a mini? Why not a full-grown iPad? :) 

With 62 GB space.

If I remember correctly, Bamboo stylus is pressure sensitive and more advanced than the ones you can buy for a few hundred bucks in India. Can someone please give the right name?

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

The larger iPads are too expensive. Of course, if I get enough IB vouchers I will prefer that, but . . . :)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Just read this on 9gag:

"Boys never grow up

Their toys just get more expensice!"

I'll add 'girls' too there... everyone is fascinated by gadgets! :)

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Of course, they are going to be happy too on this Wink.

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
9 years ago

A good camera for blogging! Want one which can click clear pics of the tiny readings on product labels. Suggestions please! 

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

You can always go for a DSLR and good macro lens... but I think you can easily picture small print on labels even with the camera of a good smartphone.

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Oh, so many Cameras' here...

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Renie knows which blogging campaign to aim for now! :D 

Ranjith
from hyderabad