Google Photo Storage: Help needed

Khushboo Motihar
Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Hello, 

I got the following email today for the account that has been linked to my blog

"Keep saving your memories in full resolution

You're running out of storage. Buy more now to keep saving your photos in original size."

Has anybody else received such an email? If yes, which plan did you opt for? Or are there any other alternatives to work within the 15 GB limit?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

You can look for alternatives. There are better alternatives like Flickr, which gives 1000GB of storage space for free, plus is actually a photo sharing service unlike Google Drive, so, you can share your photos with the large community there.

For managing Google Drive's space wisely, I upload low resolution photos, as we don't need photos in full resolution for our blogs. Anything around 1600x1200 px should do well in a blog.

Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Hi CK. How do I migrate to Flickr? Also, as of now I have about 360 posts on my blog and I have never really bothered to put up low resolution pics. Any solutions? Or will I have to reupload all the photos in low res?

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

@Khushboo, just as you need a gmail id to loginto google drive, similarly you will need a yahoo id to log into flickr. So if you don't have  a yahoo id, you may create one and then use that yahoo id to log into flickr.  

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Khushboo, there's really no need to migrate your current photos to flickr. Better start using your flickr from now on, to upload photos in your blogpost.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Likewise as CK. To avoid buying on a plan, try uploading low resolution photos - this usually works. For my blog, I resize my original images and upload pictures at 800*600 px resolution, this saves me a LOT of size.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

My site's photo upload folder barely crosses 5GB, and these are a LOT of photos since 2010. How did you cross 15GB? Surprised

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Maybe she's been posting 24MP potos from a dSLR ever since she got her hands on that camera. :P

I too have not even crossed 2.5GB of my 15 GB storage when almost all my posts contain atleast 5-6 photos. Not to mention some of my posts crossing 20 photos as well.

Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
8 years ago

@CK Don't have a DSLR yet. Hopefully IB will have it as one of its prizes soon Laughing Thanks for your help.

@Sorcerer Never bothered to find out how much space Google offers for blogs and uploaded high res images. Now facing problems. Frown

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Khusboo are you sure it is not a phishing mail ?

Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
8 years ago

No Vijay. Seems authentic enough. I checked my storage space myself. It is really at 14 GB now thanks to all the high res images I have uploaded Embarassed

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Ok Cool Asked you because Google doesnt generally mail such kind of reminders and there are many similar phishing campaigns.

If you really want to buy extra GBs, use the Manage link that appears below your mailbox (at the end of the mails) instead of this email

Vijay

You have any data stored in drive other than pics?? If it is there you can adjust them..Laughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread