Ravi Kiran N would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://blog.anarchius.org ] IndiRank: 48

Technology, philosophy & life - thoughts?

Ravi Kiran N
Ravi Kiran N
from Brookfield, WI
14 years ago

Had started blogging in 2002, well before it became all the rage. Had to put things on hold for a few year - recently re-started. The blog (and my site) are a mish-mash of things that interest me - photography, writing, blogging, technology. Would love to have someone spend time to take a look at it.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4
Vibha Sharma
Vibha Sharma
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

I agree, in 2002 not many had heard about blogging and your blog is surely one of the early ones. It was interesting visiting your site.  Looks like it went into hibernation for a few years.

I liked the range of things - from writing to photography and projects. I could not open the blog though.

Really impressed with the photographs, each can be a portrait or postcard picture.

The only thing that I found lacking is - regularity in posting. Quality of the content is good on the site, its just that the content is not much. Would be interesting to see more of projects and photography.

Ravi Kiran N
from Brookfield, WI
14 years ago

Thank you. Yeah, it was a self-imposed hibernation. Should get that posting rate back up.

Hmm, it is a pity you were not able to see the blog. I checked the logs, unsure why. May have been a temporary DNS issue (my hosting is split between two name servers).

Appreciate you taking the time.

Rahul Singh
Rahul Singh
from Minneapolis
14 years ago

Hi Ravi,

Was good to see the blog of an old timer. And must compliment you on your versatility too: Photography, Story Writing, Blogging, Technical posts. 

I loved your photographs, you are really good. I hope you do take part in International Photography Competitions.

Sudoku Solver was a nice application.

Short stories were nice, would love to read all when i get time.

Overall a very good reading experience. One suggestion though, if possible please increase the font size by 1or 2 points, would be great.

Keep Blogging.

Rahul

Ravi Kiran N
from Brookfield, WI
14 years ago

Thanks Rahul, for taking the time. I too felt that the point size was a tad too small. Will make that one of the next site-wide projects to do :)

Prash
Prash
from San Francisco
14 years ago
Ravi: I just spent a few minutes on your blog. I actually thought it has pretty rich content! One suggestion: you may want to move the blog archives section more towards the top. There is a lot of content, but hard to navigate through it. Really do not know how useful the 'Blog Labels' gadget is:-) (I am no expert, just trying to help). Keep blogging mate! And don't forget to review my blog too, I requested a review in the forum with the topic "Ok. Shoot:)".
Ravi Kiran N
from Brookfield, WI
14 years ago

Done. :)

It was a very interesting point about the labels. The reason I liked it was because it added context to posts and gave personality to the blog. Or so I presumed. But come to think of it, the real benefit was cross-linking articles, that I already have at the bottom of each post.

The labels gadget wasn't adding much value. :)

Pankaj Batra
Pankaj Batra
from Gurgaon
13 years ago

Great to read a vintage blog.

Really liked your photographs and have added you as a contact on flickr too.

I am also an Techie and great to see mix of tech, life and photography posts on your blog. Why don't you try a photostory. It will be really great.

I also started using internet in 2001 and launched net4engineers.com but due to lack of awareness in market, I had to close down.

Ravi Kiran N
from Brookfield, WI
13 years ago

Ah - checked out N4E on the wayback machine. Definitely seemed to be a labor of love. Sad to see some of the old sites that haven't survived. Hopefully you still own the domain and can bring it back to life in the future.

Appreciate your comments, will try a photo-story.