Shalini would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://craftisland.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 40

Suggestions for improvement are invited

Shalini
Shalini
from Pune
12 years ago

My blog is a way to chronicle my passions: Crafts, Sewing and cooking methods. Please do pay a visit and tell me how I can improve it.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: To remove a typo.
Replies 1 to 5 of 5

really great artistic endeavors, the crafts speak excellence. superb talent.

keep the efforts going. wonderful. 

Shalini
Shalini
from Pune
12 years ago

Thank you Pramodji for your effort. I really appreciate.

Shalini
Shalini
from Pune
12 years ago

Thanks Abhi for your time and visit.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Shalini,

Let me just start off by congratulating you on your wonderful talent. Sewing, knitting, crafts was always one of my favorite subjects, though I couldnt follow on it much. But your creations are lovely, and your pictures speak for themselves. Wonderful, keep it up :)

I have a few suggestions on the design aspect though-

1. The Categories widget is repeated in the blog, one in the sidebar and one in the footer. Shift the footer 'labels' widget to the sidebar and delete the categories widget already existent in the sidebar.

2. Consider a two column layout as opposed to the three that you are having right now coz most of the space scroll down is empty. This will give more width area to your posts and will help in neat sidebar layout.

3. Add a seacrh button for your blog. you can arrange the widgets in the foll order - Search, Abt me, followers, labels, archives followed by the rest.

4. Exploit the footer section and put all the badges there, at least those that you think are not very important. This will make space for the important ones like labels and popular posts in the sidebar that will highlight your content and not send the readers to a different web address.

5. Categorize your posts and include pages (tabs) in your blog below the header like Handmade, Painting, etc.

Thats it, overall it is definitely a wonderful island to be in and I, a reader, can spend hours on your crafty land! Happy blogging always! Smile

http://myyatradiary.blogspot.com/

Shalini
Shalini
from Pune
12 years ago

Hi Arti,

Thank you for giving me so in-depth suggestions. I have liked your suggestions and you will definitely see the changes on my blog.

Of late i'm busy with my freelancing work so blog is right now almost neglected. Your liking have encouraged me to again make out time for it.

Thanks a lottttttttt......and keep visiting.