The Chai Kadai Team would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.chaikadai.wordpress.com ] IndiRank: 39

Please Review Chai Kadai

The Chai Kadai Team
The Chai Kadai Team
from Chennai
15 years ago

Chai Kadai started a few months back, as an online magazine blog. The aim is to understand the fragmented identities in our urban cultures. We have posted articles, interviews, creative writing, photographs, reviews, and so on. We are on a steady growth with socio-politically churning posts. We want to create conversation spaces using blogs, writers, artists, and others at the base of our networks. It is a resourceful blog and also gives a professional, learning space for other bloggers to participate. Our journey with Indiblogger has been really wonderful. Right now, we want bloggers to log on to our site and review it for us. We want to know what are the strengths and drawbacks, and what are the possibilities. Please spend a few minutes looking through our blog.

Regards,

Samyuktha,

Editor, Chai Kadai.

Replies 1 to 1 of 1
Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
15 years ago

Hi Samyuktha, 

Congrats on starting an online magazine blog. There aren't that many in India, and this is an interesting concept.

Regarding the blog, the banner is good. I love the write-up about ChaiKadai on the home page. Very well written.  

Here are a few suggestions:

1. You could list out the categories on the side bar. Since ChaiKadai is an online magazine, the viewers would want to know what topics they can find on your blog. So, it would be helpful to list them out. 

2. You could have an 'About' section, where you can state what the blog is (currently listed on the home page). Current write-up under 'Media' can also be added to the 'About' section. 

3. Latest articles, submissions can be elevated to the top of the home page. 

4. You could look around for templates that suit your blog purpose. 

5. On the 'Graphically' page, I guess there are 4 pictures. 'Lines and Curves' is visible. For the remaining, one has to click on the link to view the pictures. However, all three links point to the same picture. 

6. This is a very minor observation. I found lots of instances where 'small letters' were used in place of 'capital letters'.  You could change that. This could be with the template too. ( I had encountered this earlier, when I started my blog, and changed the template.) 

7. Some of the links on the 'Chai Kadai visitors' page, that do not work. 

It is a very good initiative! Samyuktha, wish you and your team the very best!  

Adarsh.