rashmi would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://mergingreflections.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 25

Please review my personal blog

rashmi
rashmi
from raipur
13 years ago

Indiblogger is a huge platform for bloggers and professional writers...and am walking on a path towards being a writer. And to reach to the somewhere near to it I need to know if am on the right track o r not. Only feedback from writers could guide me about the positives and negatives of my blogs..so...I hope to get good responses.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5
Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I liked it that you cover a range of topics in your blog from book reviews to movie reviews to social issues. What takes away from all your writing is the look of the page. Please, please stick to one font color, font size, line height and spacing in all your posts. I didn't read your post on the tricolor because it looked so much like a nauseating email with all its multi-colored fonts. Also bold and italic fonts are meant for applying logical and/or visual emphasis, not to be used as visual effects.

As for the layout, move your profile widget higher up along with the search bar. Anyone who arrives on your blog for the first time should be able to figure out quickly what the blog is about. They are far too low on the sidebar.

rashmi
rashmi
from raipur
13 years ago

Hey thanks Rohini, I understand the irritation on fonts and colours, I knew it somehwere within I think. I will chnge it. Thanks for the feedback :)

Vishwajeet
Vishwajeet
from Pune
13 years ago

simple & effective content , title of blog are supereb. You can work onto colour combinations of text & layout. You may use lots of space from sidebar. All the best !!Smile

rashmi
from raipur
13 years ago

Vishwajeet thank u for ur helpful advise..will surely work on the text etc..

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hi Rashmi,

The things I like:- Good flow, book reviews and author interviews- frequency of posts and very appealing language composition- originality & a new dimension of thoughts

Scope for improvement:- Color combination of tags, times tamps and theme background- Probably the live traffic widget can be pushed down in sidebar- I am not in favor of that traffic widget, it only adds up to page performance- Light weight theme that gives users to navigate to multiple pages instead of going away from single page visit.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi Rashmi,

Some suggestions though...

1. Try putting the labels and the archives on top as they are important for your readers than the other things.

2. Put link within gadget and email subscription as they will increase your readership.

3. Also try reducing the posts a bit on the home page as it takes a lot of time to load(4/5 max).

Overall a nice blog. Keep blogging:)

Will appreciate a review on my travel blog sometime!!

http://myyatradiary.blogspot.com/