Joy would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://soloescapes.wordpress.com ] IndiRank: 27

Please review my travel blog

Joy
Joy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hi,

I'm Joy. I love to ravel alone and jot down my experiences in my blog. Its been about 6 months and i'm failing to get any consistent traffic to my blog. So it  would be great if the content of my blog could be reviewed so that i can get some pointers as to what to do to improve my blog.

Thanks,

Joy

Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Ashwini
Ashwini
from Pune
13 years ago

Hi Joy,

Following are my observations about your blog -

1. The template of your blog is good. Suitable for the blog sub-title " A journal of my escapades".

2. You have got some beautiful snaps.

3. Contents are really interesting. I enjoyed reading the post "Take Me Home".

Now a few suggestions -

1. The posts are too lengthy.  You can make it short by first deciding upon what you want to tell your readers rather than just giving them an account of incidents.  Another way is to publish it in parts. Keep the paragraphs small - 6-7 lines each. 

2. Include some photographs in posts too in order to spice it up. 

3. Instead of showing your lovely photographs on sidebar, why don't you start a separate photo blog? The snaps are so beautiful that I can't resist myself watching it and forgot reading the other posts Tongue out That way it was distracting. Use some of the photographs in posts.

4. Post good quality contents regularly. It is necessary to keep the readers hooked to your blog.

5. Have patience. Good contents will surely be appreciated.

Happy blogging !!

Regards,

Ashwini

http://mymindtales.blogspot.com

Joy
Joy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hi Ashwini,

Thanks for taking out the time to review my blog. I've too have  felt the issue with the long posts. From now onwards what i'm going to do is that club the days of my travel into logical groups and then publish them one at a time.

Felt good that you appreciated my photographs too :). I'm actually waiting for some feedback on my photographs before i start a photoblog.

Thanks again for reading,

Joy