Yash Bhatia would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://yash1229.wordpress.com/ ] IndiRank: 36

Just got approved as Technorati's new writer!! =D

Yash Bhatia
Yash Bhatia
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I created this blog for tech enthusiasts like me.Smile Check it out & let me know if i can make any changes to the content or the blog itself!Thanks Laughing 

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: Change of topic
Replies 1 to 9 of 9
Nupur Raut
Nupur Raut
from MUMBAI
13 years ago

Yeah, the excerpts thing would help.

But it's a visual treat to open your blog page...good work with the pictures.

Great usage of language, too. 

Yash Bhatia
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks, Nupur. Wink

Achyuth Sankar
Achyuth Sankar
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Welcome to Indi Yash :D

Firstly,your blog is pure GORGEOUS!!! Each post of yours is decorated with so many pics,it's a visual treat. Plus, your posts are very very informative, so any reader would find it appealing :D

Like Prasenjit said, only issue is the length, but even I can't get mine sorted, so it's unfair if I asked you to sort it :P

I can't think of anything else, but if I do, I'll let you know :)

And dude, review my blog too!!! I know you've read my blog before, but please be impartial and review :D

Nupur auntyji here refused to review my blog cus she felt she'd be too partial :P :P (no offence Nupur, just in a joking mood,forgive me) :)

Spot on Yash :D

Yash Bhatia
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thank you! Cool

yeah,i'll have to sort that out soon..it takes too much time to load, i've observed.

Yeah, sure, i'll do that! Laughing

Aditya Kumar Nayak
Aditya Kumar Nayak
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Thanks for reviewing my blog.

Your blog is nice. Although, I dont like dark color concepts but its just a personal choice. Most of the people dont mind.

Like the image slider on your blog. a few things you could do to improve your blog are:

1. reduce image size, helps in reducing page loading time. and the big images look out of proportion

2. try lazy loading of images (not sure if you can do that on wordpress.com) google this. if you can that it would be really cool

3. Reduce number of posts that appear on the homepage. right now the homepage is just too long. take sages to scroll down to the footer. and yeah do add a footer too. 

3. rework the sidebar. You could try putting all the blogadda and other less used things in the footer (this will save you a lot of real estate) and aligning the widgets to make them look like they are in a flow instead of just random titbits here and there. You could try to resize them to have the same width and make them look uniform. One of the best sidebars (I think) is of labnol.org. Check it out and you will know what I mean.

If you need any further help mail me.

Good luck and Keep blogging!

Yash Bhatia
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thank you!

This is the best theme i could find for a tech blog! Will try to search for a new one soon!

1) The pictures in the slideshow are randomly chosen from my blog-posts! I can't do anything about that! Sorry! Undecided

2)You can do that in Wordpress but, i don't know how to do that! I think it's available only for self-hosted blogs & not for blogs hosted at WordPress.

3)Yup, will do that ASAP!

4)Checked out the sidebar at labnol. It's really cool. I will try to do the same!

Thanks for reviewing my blog! Smile

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Yash! - A few suggestions, your site is looking awesome but a bit amateurish. Here is a few points to take care -

• Reduce the length of the sidebar
  • Arrange the widgets on the sidebar, its looking a bit of mess.
  • Dont leave too much space between lines.
  • Add breakpoints to posts, in the main page try to include a pic and some text of each post.
  • Either reduce the size of the Slideshow on top, or include High quality pics!

Do check my blog too! I'd like to have your valuable comments as well :)

Yash Bhatia
from Mumbai
13 years ago
  • Reduced the length!
  • Arranged them!
  • Will keep that in mind!
  • Yup, i implemented that!
  • My theme chooses pics randomly from my posts. Can't do anything about that! Sorry!Undecided

I'd love to do that!

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
13 years ago

Hi Yash!

I like your blog a lot. I wasn't sure what you meant by tech but I see now that the blog is aimed at everyone. The pictures are amazing and the write ups are good.

Carry on!

Yash Bhatia
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thank you so much, Pundit! Laughing

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Sweet!

R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hey Yash, I'm not too much of a techie n usually tech blogs kinda put me off with their sterility :)

Having said that, I really liked ur blog..think it's really technology for everyone. Very conversational writing and quite personal.

Good going, Yash !!

:)

Yash Bhatia
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks for reading, Raj!

Vivek
Vivek
from cuddlore
12 years ago

I had seen your blog and really impressed. Sall we exchange link.Smile

Yash Bhatia
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Sure, Vivek! :D

Abinodh O.T
Abinodh O.T
from Pathanamthitta
11 years ago

Cool blog Yash! and great content too! But you should consider changeng your background colour and theme