genobz would like you to review his/her blog.
[ ]

Revamped by blog homepage. Pls give feedback.

genobz
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi!

I have just revamped my blog's homepage. Since I blog on various topics I felt it was required to categorise them and allow the reader to chose the category upon visiting the blog. Let me know if it fulfills that purpose or is it too irritating? You can vote for it on my blog itself.

Thanks in Advance! 

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Need feedback on blog's homepage
Replies 1 to 16 of 16
It was a real treat to be at your blog. Real pandora of unique info. Very well executed site with real worth read content. Keep up the good work.
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks a lot! Do give me suggestions if any. :)

Ishita
Ishita
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Your website is like the disney's kids book which has information for everything.

A good selection of topics and articles.

Suggestions -

The blog has too much info in the entry page, divide it and keep only important items on the front page. Over information is not good

Make the logo small for Subscribe and share

I feel the entry page is too long, cut it short as visitors may lose interest.

Kindly visit my site and provide me a feedback ( www.investmentbazar.com)

Thanks

Ishita

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Ishita!

Thanks so much for the honest review.

Yes, there is very varied info on my blog. Actually, I just write random stuff whatever I come across. 

Will decrease the logos of Subscribe and share. Thanks.

My home page has 10 recent posts (with their featured images) .. how many do you suggest that I should have? (I already mentioned the latest 5 on the topmost featured image)To be honest, I have tried to keep my posts attractive by using featured images.  Anything else that I need to work on? 

(Will give feedback for your site as well)

Khushi
Khushi
from bangalore
12 years ago

Its a nice blog.....liked the way you have written....and specially the Nokia story as I had a similar experience last weekend.

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I am glad you liked it!

Do let me know if anything needs to be worked on.

adoholik
adoholik
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Nice blog. But I agree with Ishita. You have lot of information on main page. If I were you, I will get rid of few things to cleans it up. Specially on left side, the feeds from different blogs and even live feed. 

-Bibhuti

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi!

Thanks a lot for the review.

Can you suggest me what I should replace it with?

coz in that case i will have evenly divide the data between the sidebars.

also left sidebar is not visible when viewing posts. Only right sidebar is visible.

Hope that helps you in suggesting me something.

Thanks in advance 

Elegant Chic
Elegant Chic
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Interesting blog! Keep up the great work! Smile

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks a lot!

Bhumika Thakkar
Bhumika Thakkar
from Mumbai
12 years ago

hey nice blog..quite like it :)

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks a lot Bhumika!

Saw your Review request on the forum. Shall look at your blog tomorrow. Cya! 

vaibhav jadhav
vaibhav jadhav
from Mumbai
12 years ago

hey dude! your blog is wonderful man. Its so versatile.

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks a lot dude! Lemme know if you come up wid any suggestions..

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hello genobz,

Excellent blog, very impressive content :)

My first impression of you blog was WOW :) Very professional looking site!

But one thing i noticed was that as I scrolled down I got a feeling of clutter, May be its because of the two sidebars on both the sides, i couldnt exactly figure out the reason but still... that was my honest first impression...

Overall, You have an excellent blog with great content, keep it up :)

Best wishes,

http://myyatradiary.blogspot.com/

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Arti!

Thanks for the compliments and for bringing my attention to some clutter towards the bottom of the post. I figured it was being caused due to some smart-sharing buttons. I have reduced their number. Hope it looks better now. 

Do let me know if you figure out how it can look better. 

Vijay Bhasker Reddy
Vijay Bhasker Reddy
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Hi Genobz...

Really nice content man...Also good to see that your an Arsenal Fan :)....Liked the article on Nokia, recently lost my Nokia mobile and switched to Dell....

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Vijay!

Thanks for compliment. Are you an Arsenal Fan too? Wud be great!

Sad for you losing your Nokia phone.. But I am sure you must be likin Dell as well.. :) 

Vijay Bhasker Reddy
Vijay Bhasker Reddy
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Ya Dell is a good phone too, but have been using nokia all my life so the transition is a lil difficult....Android's a charm though, beats Symbian in pretty much everything...I am a Chelsea Fan :)

genobz
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Glad that you liked your new Phone. Even i do feel that Symbian is too rusty.. But m hopeful that Nokia will someday fix everything. Too much of hope actually. But being an Arsenal Fan, I have learnt how to keep hoping... :P

All the best for the next season, I hope Utd doesnt get their 20th this time!

Naveen Kumar Solanki
Naveen Kumar Solanki
from Mathura
12 years ago

ur blog is really nice.............i liked the way u have designed it.....:)

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks Naveen. You can contact me if you ever need any help. :)

Andiran Nambi
Andiran Nambi
from Chennai
12 years ago

hey genobz

urs is a very professional and content-rich blog. The layout, design and widgets are all well made. Hope your monetizing your site as well as you seem to get a lot of traffic. Blogs like yours are good sources of inspiration for amateurs like me.:)

andy

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Andy.

Thanks for those big words. 

No, I am not monetizing my blog. Two reasons -

• I have a WP.com blog so can't put ads. Though, I can transfer my blog to WP.org which has this provision.
  • Second, I do not believe that my blog, as of now, is good enough. I am looking towards reaching a level of 30,000 views per month. Tongue out That's too much. Right now, it's only 4k-5k... But, I'm learning and applying stuff that I learn. 

Though, I'm glad I was able to Inspire you. Lemme know if you ever need my help. Laughing 

went through ur blog...it is an engaging read. the topics covered r really gud. nice blog overall.

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Sudha! Thanks a lot!

I m glad you liked it!

Karthik Parimal
Karthik Parimal
from Dayton, Ohio
12 years ago

nice blog buddy...loved it... thanks for ur review as well :)

Varun Singh
Varun Singh
from Bhopal
10 years ago

The blog was very enticing. I liked the design. Moreover, the content was good as well. :)

Overall a very nice place (your blog) to visit.

Keep up the good work :)

genobz
from Mumbai
10 years ago

actually, i had a certain reason for feedback, it's shared here.will be glad if you can give some insights.