Unique case on scientists in Rome for failure to predict earthquake warning

Case is up for hearing in Rome on it's seven scientists, for failure to predict major earthquake that killed many people in April 2009. It is alleged that they didnot take small earthquakes seriously to analyze & predict bigger happening. Please throw in your valuable inputs Friends
Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

So far earthquake prediction technology has not been perfected.  I believe blaming the scientist for imperfect science would be injustice Smile

It is surely an injustice. I also agree, but this Leads one to inspire serious efforts are needed to invent or devise some fool proof system to predict them. The disaster is grave. So serious efforts should be made in this pre -prediction of earthquakes. Or the building strategies should be such to bear the brunt of earthquakes.
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I am sure scientist will find a means of predicting earthquake with the help of animals in future.  The fact remains that the geographical spread of the plates is so huge it is extremely difficult to predict the epicentre of earthquake precisely.  Building earthquake proof buildings is the real way out and additionaly we should have nuclear bunkers which can double up as shelters.

animal's sixth sense is great, but that I think is just seconds prior to the catastrophy. real breakthrough is the need of the hour.

these inflictions on scientists is brutal and maydeter further advancemens.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Its almost impossible to predict these things, I guess, even with all the technological advancements that we have made... We can only remain alert and know whats the best thing to do in such situations...

you are right ds,

LockSign in to reply to this thread