Docking a dog ? Beware

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yesterday i happened to read an article in TOI that trimming a dogs tail can invite punishment under prevention of cruelty to animals or pets act 1960.  Some of us get the dogs tail cut for cosmetic reason.  Doberman's tail particularly is cut since it is basically a hunting dog.  The punishment can vary from Rs 100/- to simple imprisonment.  Many of pet owners may not be aware of this act.  Anyways from human consideration it is treated as miaming of a pet. 

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

doberman wih docked tail

Victim of fashion statement Embarassed

I remember , in my village, a bengali doc. sporting an alsatian dog, used to unchain it in the evening, and no sane man crossed the street nearby his house.

one day , a bhaat (bahurupiya) dressed as lord shiva, and with some unique style had some water sprouting as ganges from his head. he unknowingly passed the street , and you can imagine the fate of the ill fated shiva. he was seen tunning for his life, with all the ganges. we never saw him again in our town. 

tunning read as running

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

So it is dogs day out, not Gods day Lolz.  It must have been hilarious, the sadhu would have been seen as peeing and running for his life Smile  Good one Pramod

LockSign in to reply to this thread