Legendary Tiger of Indian cricket Pataudi passes away RIP

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Let us mourn and pay tribute to this legendary cricketer who passed away tonite at Delhi hospital battling against lung infection.  He is the youngest ever Indian captain, who captained 40 tests out 46 played in his career.  He captained after he lost one of his eye in an accident.  Under his stewardship India won the first overseas series against New Zealand in 1967.  Let us pray for his soul.

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
A true legend! Rip Sir.

may his soul rest in peace

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I was privileged to have played with Pataudi's buddy M L Jaisimha who too lived larger than life and enjoyed his cricket post retirement in 1980's.Smile

gr8 dude

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Though i could not watch him play live I had the privilege of playing cricket with M L Jaisimha his buddy, one could get a peep into their glorious cricketing achievements, and off the field royalty displayed. The gait of a cricketer who had style was seen in Jaisimha, Tiger was his mentor and captain. He must have inherited the glamour from him obviously. His last interview on IPL was a revealation where he accepted frankly that the governing council had failed in monitoring the proceedings. Long live his spirit, because he lifted the spirits of Indian cricket when it was down and out with felling of Nari Contractor.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats Awesome Umesh ji:)
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

p201342-Pataudi_India-An_early_portrait_of_Mansur_Ali_Khan_Pataudi

Royal potrait of the 9th Nawab Courtsey http://cricketbollywood.wordpress.com/2009/05/19/pataudi-tagore/

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

True Gladiator of Indian Cricket has left us to conquer the world above us

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Gladiator is gone but the final parting gift of the Nawab is donating his left eye.  The legendary tiger's eye will be alive.

LockSign in to reply to this thread