Comment-form Blogspot Bug

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I have recieved complaints from my blogger friends blogging on Wordpress, Typepad and other such platforms, not being able to leave comments on my site. I havent touched my template nor done any changes on my blog or its design. I am not understanding what exactly is the problem Frown Is anyone else facing similar problems in blogger?

Can any wordpress/typepad user here confirm this to me? And if the problem indeed exists, then can someone help me out on the solution? Innocent

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Are only wordpress and typepad users facing problems or even blogspot users??
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
The problem might be from Google Blogger side, it is known to behave strangely from time to time!! Just a thought though, need more expert advise on this.
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Agree with Ds , Google blogger behaves strange

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Dhiraj

hmm, true... Guess then I shud just wait...

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
What else can you do! Change the comment form, thats an option.
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks a lot DS :)

I am not sure what exactly is the problem but i got a comment from one of my wordpress readers, quoting -

"blogger won't allow me to post on OPEN ID or by clicking on Wordpress. The only way I can comment on blogspot today is via NAME URL." Dated Oct 3!

And I got one more complaint from a typepad user regarding this same problem.

Now what can I do, am clueless abt it Innocent If anyone has a solution, pls help Cry

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You are welcome Arti, but your problem still persists...
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Arti, why don't you try Disqus as a commenting option like I have on my blog?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I dont like disqus... Cant comment from mobile, loading time increases, google does not search the disqus comments... There are many disadvantages of it.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey Vinay, since you have a wordpress blog, you can help me out! Try commenting on my blog from your wordpress id. Just a test comment to check whether your comment is getting through, type in anything... I will delete it. Just to check this issue.

Susam Pal
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Disqus, Facebook comments, etc. which are either AJAX or IFRAME based have a major demerit that they are not indexed in search engines along with your page.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yep, I had read this somewhere that search engines dont recognize comments on disqus and that was also one of the prime factors that kept me away from it.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice little info on disqus. Thanks for sharing Arti and Susam:)
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Blogspot has bug, with word verification sometimes, and if it is linked with Disqus than it is slow process, luckily i did not select the same.  I believe it is because blogspot is constantly upgrading that may be the precise reasonSmile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Might be, Umeshji! Will know more on this when I put up my next post.
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Hey Arti, the bug/error is not actually a bug/error I think. Tongue out Wordpress users need to be logged in to their account for posting a comment using Wordpress openID. In the sense, if they comment on Blog using openID when not logged in, the site redirects saying you need to log in first. If you are logged in, it'll ask if the user trusts Blogger.com with identity and then continue to post comment Smile I've put a test comment for your blog... I think it'd have come in 5n.. Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

My head is spinning now Laughing Yes Vinay, got your comment but I have finally changed the comment form from 'embedded below post' to 'pop up window' on the request of one of my typepad blogger friend. Hopefully, I will receive no more complains now. Thank you so much for your time and your comment Smile I so appreaciate it Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
So you finally changed the comment form.
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Checked out the new comment form, works good.

LockSign in to reply to this thread