indian ipad

ridham kakrania
ridham kakrania
from Kolkata
12 years ago

SHAKSHAT

Heard this name before??? Well the answer by most of you will be no.

So what is this Shakshat that I am writing about it. After reading this even you will be interested in it.

It is an Indian ipad which is to be launched by Indian government. What’s so great in it?? Well it is the price of the ipad. The tablet will be priced and available at rs.1500 only. Yes, you have seen it correct. There isn’t any missing figure nor is it your dream. It’s a reality.

This ipad is a child to India’s minister for Human Resource Development, KAPIL SIBAL. The prototype of the model has been launched and it is expected to hit the market in December. The tablet will help in providing high-quality education to students around the country. And also being available with solar power option makes it feasible for the students in rural area.

But has the price affected the quality and the features of ipad??

These tablet gives you the following:-

• It has a web browser
  • It has a multimedia player
  • It has wifi facility
  • A pdf reader
  • Helps in video conferencing
  • It has a 2gb RAM, but it doesn’t have a hard disk but it works on memory card.
  • Ethernet port
  • Support to connect lcd projector
  • Qwerty keyboard
  • Display of 7” lcd/tft (touchscreen also available)
  • Shock-resistant
  • 2 USB 2.0 hosts and USB support.

Almost all the features present in APPLES IPAD.

Though it is an initiative by the government, the tablet is going to be made by CANADIAN firm DATAWIND.

After the cheapest car, cheapest pone here’s the cheapest tablet for the take by we people.

I am waiting for it eagerly and after reading it even you must be interested.

Wish it stands on the expectations it has created.

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
ridham kakrania
ridham kakrania
from Kolkata
12 years ago

well i think KAPIL SIBAL JI will put in all efforts to launch it as it will be ice to the wounds already caused and will earn praises to congress party in the environment where everyone is after them......

not to forget the government will subsidise the cost..and when an ipad worth 8000 can be launched then it wnt be much difficult to bring down the price...

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

No disrespect but I would rather give credit to Kapil Sibal's team rather than him. On top of it, very very very very handful of companies have a real RnD here. Maybe testing and certain other places to make changes/upgrades/bug corrections/random power leak tests, but I think Nvidia, AMD, maybe Intel, has their own design team.

lol prototype? They'll choose one of the cheapest make calculations and place a massive order. Its a waste of money.

That subsidising ain't gonna help. You forget, eventually its the taxpayers money. The problem with such units is that these are made. Drastically cheaper moulding and cheaper fabrication jobs, very cheap UHMWPE layer strip and obviously the circuits are etched on wafer thin PCB with nothing then a guy with toner transfer paper with circuit design on it and keep them on Ferric chloride or some other solution. You want to know how they correct printing mistakes? Permanent marker or a sandpaper to take care of excessive soldering!! OOoooh don't even get me started on IC and Chipset soldering, let alone battery. 50 bucks says it doesn't have that design where it stops the unit to overcharge the battery once its full.

Does random cellphone explosion ring a bell? You bragging on the cheapest car? Look up! There have many cases of Tata nano catching on fire for no reason at all.

This isn't the first time people didn't turn off their common sense and drift in daylight imagination. Point is its not possible to do all this in 15k without comprimising on safety standards. The only one who test on safety standard are the FCC- or better yet- the EU. Then again, these certification cost money. Then again, safety does cost money.

Unless you prefer to use something that will blow up?

All this bragging and no hardware specifications or any sort of reports raises vast suspicions on quality control. Words cannot oversee facts. Unless you prefer to see news with someone's face burnt because of this. Its obvious its going to be slow and I am pretty sure the unit might stutter during a wifi/ethernet/vga connection. Anyone can stick a processor made for a basic cellphone in a tablet.

And why are you comparing it with ipad? Why are people calling ipad as if its a benchmark? NotionInk bragged it internationally and got its nose chopped off.

Now you will ask why aren't there any news about nano bursting into flames on a monthly basis or names of the company to rebrands chinese phones on news when they explode? That's how the mainstream media works: You give them considerable amount of money as advertising revenue plus some benefits, and they'll make sure your reputation is safe. Amway, IIPM, Lovely professional university, NIIT.. including mayawati ads on Zee networks. Sorry to burst your bubble, but dude the cake is a lie!!11

LockSign in to reply to this thread