Google Dynamic Templates and New Interface

Satish Mutatkar
Satish Mutatkar
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I switched to Google's new Dynamic Templates and New interface for a few days. Big jump in traffic, but here's a funny thing. Against the normal 15-40 'promotions in indi, my post had zero. Something smelt fishy, so I went back to older template with new interface, still no hits from indi on the post concerned. So I went back to old template, old interface and hey presto, some 18 promotions from my indi friends in short time. So my questions are:a) Does Google updated interface have a 'hole' which permits  sites to generate big, pointless traffic (3-4 times my normal hits) but blocks others?

b) Is the issue with Feed access by Indi?

I am no tech whiz, I have just described the symptoms, people smarter than me please apply your minds and advise. The Dynamic template looked good and the big jump in hits felt good, but I would rather have genuine readers:)

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Don't know much about new interface but its still new and has bugs. I saw one in some1 website that it was showing sidebar or footer text as an article too. Even widgets were being shown as article. Let the new interface become bug free, then put it back. Also if your talking about Indiblogger part, i believe (my guess) the links from here won't be taking directly to that article, since some part of blogger here in my office is blocked. But blogs with classic interface opens just fine. If you have visitors from majorly working people, and blogger is blocked at their end too.... they would see blank page by visiting link from here.

Satish Mutatkar
from Mumbai
12 years ago

If the hits from indi had merely reduced, Working/ Non Working might have explained it. But down to zero, to bounce right back once the old stuff was replaced probably points to the links showing a blank page. Any way, I will stick to this format till we get to a bug free state. Thanks for responding Ankit, things seem clearer:)

LockSign in to reply to this thread