A Query to Travel Bloggers

Jitaditya Narzary
Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
12 years ago

Hi All,

I have been planning to ask this for quite sometime now.

As we know one of the primary concerns for the bloggers here is to get good exposer and backlinks.

So interested people will be if they get to be featured in a large professional site? 

In that case what will be the features/aspects you will be looking for?

For instance, what do you prefer out of,

1. Guest blogging with unique content... (too much effort for a link)

and

2. Republishing your articles in another side with a link to yours (like Zimbio) (duplicate content generation)

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Nisha
Nisha
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I do a mix of both and that suits me well.  Given the choice, I'll opt for first one because besides, a link back, I would also like some new readers from the host blog to my blog. And that happens when we write good quality posts.

Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
12 years ago

thnks for the reply Nisha... liked ur blog too...

Basically the question is if it is sustainable to keep doing guest posting for a long time...

lets see what others have to say...

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Slow and steady networking will do the trick, word of mouth, backlinks are useful, but how far i am not sure. ?

Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
12 years ago

What do you normally do Umeshji?

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Jitaditya,

I always stick with point 1 - Original content for good sites. Helps in linkback, also provides exposure to a different reader base + it also allows you to break the monotony and step out of your comfort zone that is exciting and challenging at the same time.

I never duplicate my articles. I dont think Google likes that. It may harm both your blog as well as the Guest host site. I dont know, thats what I have heard and hence, I avoid it.

Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
12 years ago

Sorry for the late reply Arti... thanks for your response...

LockSign in to reply to this thread