How to enable html linking in Blogger comments?

Debajyoti Datta
Debajyoti Datta
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I  don't moderate any comments on my blog as I think everyone should be free to say what they want instead of anyone nannying them. However, if any one posts any link in the comments, Blogger automatically deactivates it and it appears as plain text. 

How do I enable html links in my comments? I know it has the potential to be abused, but I think if one any posts a link to any intersting informattion, it should be clickable but Blogger does not let me do that.

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
As far as I know html is already enabled.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Or see if there is any option for enabling/disabling html under Settings>Comments, though I doubt it.
Debajyoti Datta
Debajyoti Datta
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Thanks for the reply. There is no option for enabling html in the comment settings.

If anyone puts a link like http://www.google.com in the comments, it appears as plain text, not clickable

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
If someone leaves a link like that then it will be unclickable. For the link to be work you Have to write in html code, its something like a what you want to see on link
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
If someone leaves a link like that then it will be unclickable. For the link to be work you Have to write in html code, its something like a what you want to see on link
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
The html code is getting deleted by the system automatically!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ DS What is it that you are trying to say?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Even I did not get your problem, DS?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
When I type the html code that Ranjith has given below, the code disappears... Only the message is displayed.
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

< a href= "www.example.com">Example</a>

This is how your users need to place clickable links. I think that URL's placed in comments will not be autolinked.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks Ranjith, how did you type that... When I typed that a href code it vanished...
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Example

I have inserted unnecessary spaces I think. Use it without any spaces:

<a href="www.example.com">Example</a>

The only space is between a and href

Debajyoti Datta
Debajyoti Datta
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Aha, thanks Ranjith. Again sorry for being such a noob but I want to display this information in the comment form message so that all the the readers might know how to put a link. I wrote this in the comment form message but now it appears as a link!!

This is the message I want to display - "If you want put a link in the comment, put it as <a href="linked website">link text </a> and it should be clickable". But the whole <a href="linked website">link text </a> is not appearing, instead this appears "If you want put a link in the comment, put it as link text and it should be clickable."

How do I display the message entire in the comment form message?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That's a new problem now!

Display that message at the end of your post instead of the comment box. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

To avoid too much of manual work follow the steps here http://obscuredclarity.blogspot.com/2009/02/add-html-footer-to-every-post-of-your.html which will add the required text to the end of every post: the exisiting ones and the new ones that you will be creating.

Here again, don't type it as text for you will get the same result again. First type that text somewhere, take a screenshot and use that iamge instead of text as a footer.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Very unique problem I must say, even I was thinking how this can be countered...

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Before you enable disqus please read other threads existing on the forum on the disqus topic. It has many disadvantages.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Well suggested

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup.
Debajyoti Datta
Debajyoti Datta
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Thanks everyone for pitching in and special thanks to RanjithSmile. I will definitely try out your suggestion!

LockSign in to reply to this thread