MRP of product and services not revealed in advt ? Debate guys

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Majority of the advt released in the print or TV does not reveal the price of the product. Very few companies such as Sony, Nikon, Big Bazaar, Reliance digital reveal the price of the products in their advt.  It is real downer considering the fact that a small mention of the MRP in the advt would reveal the transperancy of the company, otherwise we have to depend on the dealers or distributors to declare in the absence of MRP label.  The most difficult product to guess the MRP is Clothes, Opticals, Electronic items, White Goods, etc. What do you feel guys, are we being taken for a ride ?

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
I see your point umesh Ji , but electronic goods suffer hefty price downtrends, one has to bargain that's all . But lifesaving drugs that are carrying the advertisement cost burden, coupled with incentives to dr.s Middlemen margins etc. Then the retail price comes up heftily.
In America dr. Can write only the generic name of drug.
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The same law should be passed in India to prescribe generic product with 4 to 5 companies option with ranking in terms of reputation of the company.  I was always thinking why doctors don t prescribe IDPL manufactured drugs which is the lowest in terms of costing.  ?  Obviously because they don t incentivise the doctors prescribing them. Smile

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Pramod i see your point of view on electronic goods getting outdated and price getting slashed, but if the price benefit is not passed on to the consumer than it amounts to cheating. Smile  Most of the products that is getting phased out the companies slash their price by 50% i presume

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

That is not cheating. Its called business. Companies don't slash prices- atleast not in India. Its always the distributor. Companies can sort of "push" for price cut but nothing more than that as its the distributor who is taking care of imports and distribution and sales. Companies only interferes unless there is a very bad sales numbers.

Umesh Ji , one can think like that, but many small shops have bought at higher price and by the time he reaches his shop & display the product, price has taken a dip on the net. He is not going to get any compensation. It's best that Consumer search the net n get the best price
Hit the bull's eye @S

LockSign in to reply to this thread