King of Good Times Grounded ? Debate guys

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Nobody would have thought that KINGFISHER airlines would be in deep red, like the colour they don for their aircrafts and airhostess.  When V Mallya took over Deccan he was hailed for his decision to leapfrog from 5th position to 2nd position in terms of market share.  How did this mess take place, one of the major factor is to move away from budget airlines, secondly was the introduction of dynamic air fares and finally was recruitment of highly paid staff.  Dynamic fare amounts to blackmarketing in case of demand exceeding supplies according to me.  This tendency has to be arrested. Majority of the times the aircrafts go half empty under such a scenario it is better to auction tickets at cost price.  For example Blore to Mumbai CP would be Rs 2000, which can swing some passengers to opt for flight from Bus or Train travel.  This is how Deccan promoted budget airlines.  Any more ideas guys for our Vijay Mallya to emerge from such a deep crisis ?  I hope with all the suggestions we can once again see the iconic Kingfisher airlines singing  oou la la and taking off

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: add info
Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
i doubt his judgement of shutting down Kingfisher red and continue with the full service model. Instead of shutting it down sell it to capt. Gopinath once again! Whats the harm in it?
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

That is one option Hemal, but will V M with his super ego do it and accept defeat, rather he will try to resurrect the airline by developing his real estate according to newspaper reports

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Its not about defeat! Its about recovering money. Kingfisher is one of only 6 air lines in the world which has SkyTrack's 5 Star rating. You can boast of that just coz Kingfisher is Indian air lines.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hemal Shah V M's Ego must have been hurt, it is first time he is tasting such a set back.  I hope he sincerely gets back into setting the strategies of running airline right.  There is no scope for high fare paying airline in India except the business class.  Maybe he wants to re configure his airline with 50% business class and rest as budget class.

Aviation industry faces redtapism, delays, etc. Which deter growth. It's been a loss making industry. Jet airways losses are also astounding. They are in a complete mess, duping away share holders money as well as banks.
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I have a strong feeling that airline industry is bound to bounce back with budget airline focus and removing the confusion over ticketing, no refunds, cancellation etc.

LockSign in to reply to this thread