Are women submissive or loyal or just materialistic ?

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

I am a woman but i often fail to understand the motive behind the reactions of some women in crisis.Take the case of Shiny Ahuja's wife-she supported him unflinchingly--perhaps he really was innocent,we don't know.But what about Leela Maderna--she knows her hubby Mahipal Maderna carried on behind her back but she is his strongest supporter today. Why ? Is it plain loyalty ,or an attempt to keep her home intact ? There might be other factors at play--but it IS difficult to understand why women who have been wronged, come out in defence of the wrong-doer.

What do you all say? Should women be doing this ?Is it nobility & forgiveness on their part ? Do enlighten me.

First 1-20
21-24
Replies 21 to 24 of 24 Descending
indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

The life-situation & mental make-up of every human being is vastly different,that is why such issues elicit myriad reactions...i have read all the respones once again & so many -almost all- seem plausible ,i have decided that i should not be judgemental or call any woman spineless,who knows what she has gone through.....if a woman has no back-up & leaves such a husband,she might expose herself to worse exploitation,& if a husband has a very strong hold ( or should i say stranglehold ) on his wife then she may even be forced to defend him publicly. AMEN!

Sriram R
Sriram R
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I will have to agree with Kitty that women see beyond the present to the future and hope that it does not affect family and the children and their lives. I doubt that after such an event when the couple go back home and the situation at home is anything other than 2 strangers under a roof. I would say that trust broken is trust lost and everything else is just a show for other people. We never really see what the relationship dynamics are behind the house walls. 

Rahul
Rahul
from Kolkata
12 years ago

:-) First of all,I would like to ask one thing.Why assume that there is only one reason for a woman behaving in the ways mentioned above?

Let's get straight a few facts first.Loyalty,fidelity are virtues which comprise the core of anybody's expectations from a stable marriage.But let's consider a female psychology which goes like this-"I don't love my husband.I don't care if he loves me.Maybe he is polyamorous.But I get to live a comfortable life-style otherwise.Love is a childish notion.Why get too sentimental about it?Life's not fair.Marriage like any transaction is based on give and take.I give my hubby my silence and acceptance of his wild ways.He gives me A,B and C.An acceptable compromise."

So in the above situation,I don't think it really makes sense for a woman to break the status quo.As long as things are comnfortable,predictable,with a degree of certainty and safety in one's bubble,why prick it?

Now I read the other comments.All of them could be valid reasons for women doing what they do.Now the question becomes-Are they 'right' in doing so?The problem with moral issues and dillemas like this are-there is no correct view...People in various situations do what they think will provide the best results for them-social,material,psychological...whatever..Who on earth are we to pass judgement on them?

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

i agree Rahul.

First 1-20
21-24
LockSign in to reply to this thread