Cricket Betting Legalise ? Debate

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Currently underground elements are dominating cricket betting all over the world.  Only England and Australia have permitted official betting stating that they have technology to monitor the same.  When India is so advanced in IT it is strange that this arguement is given for permitting betting in these two nations.  It is ironical too that the British courts have punished cricketers for indulging in spot or match fixing.  Recent outburst of Kambli too is pointing that there is prominent betting mafia in India.  Remember in olden days due to high taxation gold was being smuggled now most of them are on official channels.  In this context betting should be legalised in India, so that we can eliminate dominance of underground mafia elements dominating the same. Share your views guys

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Easy money and it's lure, people go for it, in hordes. My take is, strong vigil to curb the menace. Poor people loose everything to the system. Betting, lottery , etc. Should be completely wiped out of Indian system. In bihar lottery is illegal now. No single word lottery exist here. People were made pauper by schemers of the lottery system.
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Any gambling would obviously lead to financial loss, but it is generally for fun such betting takes place in majority of the cases Pramod.  Horse racing, Cards and Stock investments are all in the same basket.  Why should we allow underground mafia to thrive, this will be the last bastion for them.  They have been wiped out of films, real estate, gold smuggling, now this is the last known area.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I think betting can be legal too, but the plauging issue would be to find out how to keep the money flowing in and out, White!

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Betting should be totally software driven like DEMAT account in share trading, entire transaction can be tracked.  The key to the success will be Taxation on the same, if the tax element goes beyond 5% there will be evaders running on parallel platforms like in accounting parlance.  Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hmm, it somehow makes sense. 

Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Once again sorry to digress but what really needs to be legalized is prostitution , beggars and homosexuality...am not into cricket at all but I dont miss adding my view to your thread take care ..

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Firoze begging should not be legalised other should be legalised.  Why should cops waste their time in going after prostitutes and hookers, let them be licensed with due diligence and carry on their work. Prevention of   Cricket betting too is a big farcial excercise let cops and investigative agencies be spared from this excercise.  Eventually they have to be legalised, it is only question of time.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Betting can be legalised but it should be monitored properly by the government. There should be only a couple of agencies which should be given licences.

LockSign in to reply to this thread