Results of the contest

Varun Dhingra
Varun Dhingra
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey,

When will the contest results be announced?

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I followed the path to this thread thinking that the results of some contest are out. Unfortunately, it was the same old story. 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The simplest answer would be one day before the day after that day which comes one day after that day when the results are going to be declared. Smile

wow, thats really so simple @ranjith

i understood that in a jiffy! you should be a teacher or something. Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Yes, yes...... I am a senior professor in the Cambridge. Tongue out

which subject? Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The name of the course is 'IndiBlogging' Tongue out

lol!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
We need a good IndiAstrologer for this. Else, its impossible to answer your question :P
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Oops! Its not entirely impossible actually.. Ranjith just answered it.. if you can understand it, that is :P
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
LOL
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Arti Hope that you find clues in historical monuments and inscription during your yatras to find hints to break my puzzle. Smile

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Sounds strange... right? Read it... it is interestingly written...http://passey.info/2011/11/photography-philosophy-and-a-spoonful-of-surf-excelmatic/

Kimi Shrivastava
Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
12 years ago

You know what...this whole delaying and mismanagement of contests and the results actually bring down the whole enthu and energy that people begin with while entering the contest. I myself want to participate in all the contests, but it is so tedious to wait all along without any definite information. After a while, you even tend to forget about it. Whats they point in holding a contest when it can not be managed properly?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That's true but once the results are out, the winners forget all the pain they experienced during the wai6t......

while the pain of those who couldn't  catch hold of the prizes recolect every moment of that same pain. Smile

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I am more interested in the fiery wings contest . I have even decided my participation slogan - Don't be a chicken. Spread out your wings and fly all the way to Kentucky. Colonel Sanders' knives and frying pans await you.

I have stopped writing to win - I just write on the contest theme for fun. So as far as I am concerned, I know the result before hand. Would not be bad to win a phone though - with my current phone often giving me trouble. Otherwise I am not too keen on prizes.

Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
12 years ago

In that case they can simply provide the topic of the week every week and let the ideas and entries flow in...the way hubpages work..I feel that will be more rewarding for bloggers than indefinite contests... :)

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Even if I write on that topic, Kentuky is not going to like it. How can they like a vegetarian's post on chickenTongue out?

Anyway, I don't participate in contests. But, fool, your idea is also not bad

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@ Kimi - I used to write on many of those prompt blogs. But lost interest after some time. Now doing the same with Indibloigger contests till I lose interest.

@Animesh - I am sure none of the recent contest organizers will like my posts. I am not into fashion clothing or hair care. But still fun taking on these topics and giving them my personaly twist.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Fool Even my entry wasn't that bad that it doesn't deserve a small phone. Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Kimi There has to be some inspiration to write and prizes are one of those innumerable inspirations. 

Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
12 years ago

@Ranjith: What is the point of showing prizes when they have to keep the contest running for an indefinite time. So many contests started and got closed, yet the delay in results and delay in giving away the prizes too has been such a put off and tedious for contestants too...I mean I know we Indians work on IST (Indian Stretched Time) , but there should be some limit to that. It is so frustrating to see "The contest is closed and winners will be announced shortly" ... What is the definition of "Shortly" here? Can someone explain me that? Can someone tell them that there is something in dictionary and calendar that is called "DATE" to which someone should stick to?

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Renie does not even reply to queries on contest result dates :-(
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Be careful Renie. Your account may be disabled because of the increasing number of complaints against you. Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ DS You've missed out one good thing in Renie. He has made a reply during that long wait for Fiat's results fearing that IB's might use that fuel to fry chickn and serve Renie Tongue out

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I was talking about indimail to Renie!!! He generally replies otherwise.
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Renie isn't coming even now when an entire thread started shouting his name. Frown

Renieeeee

*Shouts like junglee tarzan*

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Isn't this better: Reee e e eeeeeee e e eee ee eee ni Smile

lol! i can't believe i tried reading that! Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Am wondering who is the more junglee of the two :-)

lets start a competition... you sponsor the prizes. Tongue out

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Qvendo contest winners - Tomorrow Smile

Surf Excel Matic Post - Tuesday Smile

Above info as given by Renie Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hope they aren't delayed any further :)

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Finally..... Tongue out

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yes finally... Arti, hope they are not...
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
QVENDO not yet out.... Sad, looks like they will be delayed...
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
My fears coming true..
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Atleast Renie is keeping us updated. Thats the only solace.
Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I have always enjoyed writing the contest posts.. and also the waiting game LOL. At my age, I feel the pace suits me well. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread