Reddit, digg, stumble, delicious etc.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I have not used any of these. I am interested in knowing the effectiveness of these forums/tools in increasing your traffic. Request everyone to share their experiences with these. I want to know what kind of effort is needed to get traffic through each of these and how one gets traffics. Also are there are other similar things out there?

Replies 1 to 13 of 13 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Bumping this thread up again in case someone may have the answers.

Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
12 years ago

With my Experience  Reddit and stumbleupon are the two major sites, that can bring good traffic and engagement to your sites. Digg is not much of a use nowadays, but good if you have a exclusive news.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Adding these links only slow down the site loading somehow, i find it is always so difficult to post comments on these links.

Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
12 years ago

@umesh derebail 

If you are saying about this sites ( reddit,stumble etc..) you are absolutely got wrong. They wil never slow down your sites. BUt will bring lots of interesting visitors to your site.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks Umesh and Varma. Good to see discussion. I am also having the doubts - whether they will slow the site or whether it takes too much effort from my side to bring traffic or does it bring traffic easily ? Also I am interested in knowing how each one works so that I can evaluate whether it will work for my blog theme.

Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
12 years ago

I gurantee that they will never make your site slow ( i cant understand how they make a siteslow? )

You can try the primary 3 popular sites - Reddit,Stumble and Digg 

You just need a account with each and get some followers/friends out there. ( the more friends and followers you have built the better response on your posts)

Its a time consuming one,as you need to submit to each of them manually ( dont try using automatic means as it will be of no use)

Reddit and Digg fill fetch the Title,description and keywords automatically, so easing your work, for stumbleupon you need to submit all details.

You must correctly choose the category to match your posts. Also try to put correct images and keywords.

Hope somewhat it helped you, let me know if you have any doubts :)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
There is a reason to believe that it does make it slow. Sharing tools code is in javascript and this extra Script with the smaller images take its own time (may be just millisecs)... On legacy browsers like IE6,7 etc, these take longer to process. However the rewards that adding this script code brings wud be a reason enough go for it.
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks a lot, Varma. But how do you get friends/followers? I have had a stumble account for 6 months now. But nothing happening and I have even forgotten the password. Does it work like Indivine - on the 'you scratch my back, I scracth yours' priniciple. Or is there some other means of gaining visibility?  

Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
12 years ago

Its sometime hard and sometime easy to get friends, You becomea friend /follower of others and they will may follow you back. Try to follow people of your blog niche so you have greater chance of getting follow back by them to read your submission.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks Varma. What you say doesn't sound very encouraging. If it is one for one, it is going to be tough. Do you get genuine readers from these or you get the usual - "You have written great stuff. Can you now read mine?" kinds?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
TF you dont have to do that at all. Just be a genuine reader and u will get some of them reading yours. As @varma said, you will have to spend some time reading others.
Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
12 years ago

You will get interesting readers of your Niche . Its tough,  you need to spend sometime, visiting others sites and reviewing  and you will surely get benifited out of it :)

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

I use stumbleupon and digg to promote the posts. Digg brings good quality traffic-i.e people interested in technology. But I cant say the same about

stumbleupon. The avg time spent on my site by stumblers is considerably less.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I use stumble upon, digg on a regular basis and reddit, have used a couple of times. Have no clue of their usefulness in terms of traffic stats and numbers but since I have heard its good, so have somehow stuck myself to doing it.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I have registered my accounts on digg, stumbleupon and reddit. I was able to submit my latest blog post links on digg and reddit. What do I do on stumble? I am kind of stuck after registering my account on stubleupon?

Also what also should I be doing with digg and reddit other than submitting my latest posts like Indivine?

No one has heard of delecious? Or is it something totally unrelated?

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

At stumble, you can select your topics of interest for example, technology, humour, sports etc. Once you do that and start'stumbling', stumbleupon will display random webpages from the internet as per your choices.

For submitting your own posts, you need to enter the details of the webpage manually and carefully select the topic of your posts.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@abhi - I do not see the option for manually entering. Where can I find it?

LockSign in to reply to this thread