Problem with the date showing on post!!

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I just published a post on my blog... But when I saw the date it shows as 31st December!!!

Even in the archives, thye post is shown under December!!!

I am clueless...

Anyone else facing this problem or has faced before?? Why did this happen??

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

When did you start the post . Under new blogger interface the post gets automatic  published on the date you started the post and not the actual date you published .  In the new/edit post screen on tyhe right hand side there is Post setting , the 2nd option is schedule - here you can set date and time at which the post has to be published .

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I think I started on the 31st... I had just given the title then... I checked it out and changed the date from there...
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah, there is some date/time problem. Even I have noticed it, unless you are scheduling your posts. Even my latest post on new yr was published by me at around 8 in the night but shows a time of 5 PM Innocent

It creates additional problems too as the post then does not show up in people's blogroll area and other similar notifications. I have no clue why blogger auto schedules it back in time, every time I publish a post Undecided

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Agreed with Arti . post just gets vanished in blogroll and other notifications .  I think the default setting is that the  post gets published at  time you have saved it for the first time .

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, that can be a possibility Dhiraj, first saved or it could be last saved before publishing.. not sure though.

I have had some people telling me that my post did not show up in their blogroll area and hence they missed it. That is very dissappointing.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
How come google has not rectified this till now!!!
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks for your quick replies. I changed the date by editing the post and changing the date from the settings from the right hand side as told by Dhiraj.

LockSign in to reply to this thread