Looking for Guest Authors for Travel & Photography

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Hi, 

The first request I want to make is to the Admins: Please delete this topic if you feel it violates the Forum rules. I have been hesitating to start it for long, and if I violate any rules, it will only be because of my ignorance and not deliberation. 

My blog is about the following topics: Travel, Photography, Books and Cinema. It is about 1.5 years old, has a decent traffic, google page rank of 2, alexa rank of  150,600 and overwhelming love of fellow photographers, travellers and visitors. There are 190+ posts in total written by me, friends and fellow Guest Authors. 

To carry forward the idea of sharing , I have now come to Indiblogger to invite fellow travellers and photographers to share a part of their experiences with us. It can be one from teh following categories:

1. Travelogues
  2. Travel Ideas
  3. Travel Bucket List
  4. Photography Essays
  5. Photography Tips 
  6. Post Production Tips
  7. Book Reviews

The articles can be submitted via email/ Submission link. For first time contributors, please send your name/ nickname, email ID , blog url and a brief intro in 1-2 lines that will go with the posts. 

We have fabulous Travel Writers and Photographers on indiblogger, if you are interested, please let me know. 

Thanks 

Puru

Shadows Galore

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Edited a category
1-20
21-31
Replies 1 to 20 of 31 Descending
Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I do neitherCry. But Good ThoughtLaughing. Hope you get nice Guest WritersWink

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

No problem, visitors are always welcome Smile

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

All the best for your collaborative venture Smile

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Thanks Umesh Ji Smile

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

I'm in dude Wink

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Great ! So when am I hearing from you ? 

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

what's the procedure?

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

No specific procedure, if you have a travel story you want to share, send that over to me by email along with the details which I asked for. Will review and publish it with your intro and link to your blog.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

ok....  will give you soon....

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
All the best for your sincere efforts.
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Thanks DS :)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I am not a trave writer. But I can give it a shot. But how does one do the formatting and all on mail since a travel post should have photos and all. Photo placements and all needs to be adjusted, no?

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Well give it a shot then. Regarding formatting, well I can give you an Author's access and you can log in to create the post by yourself. If you send it by email, then I will need to do the formatting on your behalf. 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I am a bit busy with contest posts and a few other things. I will get back to you once I am done with those things. I want to write a post for you about my visit to a bird park in Kuala Lumpur. It is something for which I still have the original photos as well. Hope that would be fine with you?

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Fine? Getting onboard a blogger of your caliber will be awesome with me Smile

Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
12 years ago

Great initiative Purnendu...SmileBrilliant idea! My best wishes to you...Have a look at my work(on my blog) and tell me if I can make a contribution. I am into photography as well as travel writing . Can I submit photo essays related to travelling in India?

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Your blogs are incredibly sensitive and beautiful ! You are most welcome :) 

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Wonderful Initiative.. I would love to contribute something to your beautiful site Smile

May be some photgraphs, with a bit of writing.. Will that do? Is there any deadline dates for submission?

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Thank You Arti. There is no deadline and I will be happy to see a post from you. 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I am done with my write up, Purnendru. I have also selected the pictures to be included. Let me know what next. I am not a travel blogger and usually do not post with too many pictures. So if you think you can do a better job, placing the pictures on the post, I am fine. Or I can try too. Let me know.

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Thanks a lot Lucifer. I will message you on how to post it. Shouldn't be giving any links here Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
It was a very good post tf
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks, DS

Brad Dugg
Brad Dugg
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Hi Purenendu, I have not done any travelogues but have travelled a lot of India, a good amount of USA and Mexico, and am an avid traveller. What I love in travel is photography, and have taken too many photographs, and few are my personal favorites and photography is my primary passion. I take out my car mostly early mornings just to capture few nice pics within my city too. So just looking forward if I can contribute on anything. Writing, Photography and Travel shall gel togther if I take up this activity and thanks for putting up such a thing. 

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Hi Brad, thanks for your reply. 

Coming to the question, yes why not? We can have a photo essay or even photoblog or just a single photograph. Anything will do as long as its about travel / photography and is good. Smile

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey puru , hope we qualify to contribute to our blog .......

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

You are one of the people looking at whose blogs, I have learnt my blogging. Don't embarrass me by asking this Smile

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

You are pulling my legs .....  Shortly will mail you the post ..........

Websnacker
Websnacker
from New York
12 years ago

Do they need to be new - are reposts allowed?

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

New will be better. However reposts allowed. 

Amruta Marwah
Amruta Marwah
from Eden Prairie
12 years ago

Hi Purnendu,

I haven't written many travle blogs, but would love to try my hand at it. I hope I do justice. Could you please me tell me how I would go about posting on the blog?

Looking forward to hear from you,

Thanks!

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Hi Amruta, 

Just give it a try, mailing me will be the simplest idea. Or if you are comfy with WP, I may give authors access for you. 

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

The Fool: Your post has been published Smile

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks Purnendu

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Pune
12 years ago

Sounds interesting!!!! I have written a few travel posts about some popular as well as lesser known destinations in USA. You can take a look at them and let me know if I can qualify.

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

There is no qualification criteria, I am too small to judge anyone's writing.

However, I went through your posts on Niagra falls. Beautiful write ups and amazing photographs! Smile 

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Ashwini : You post has been published. Great Job ! :)

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Pune
12 years ago

Thanks Purnendu :)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Do send me the blog url... would like to get an idea of what the blog is all about... 

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Have tweeted you the url :)

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

Loads of Guest posts. Thanks everyone for keeping the travelogues running while I am taking a short sabbatical :)

1-20
21-31
LockSign in to reply to this thread