What Is The Real Definition Of A Successful Blogger According To You?

Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Apart from IndiRank, which parameters makes you think that a particular blogger is a successful blogger? What is the real definition of a Successful Blogger? Please don't mention name of blogs like Labnol, since they are more than successful. They are ideals now.

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
12 years ago

@The Sorcerer, i am asking bloggers here there personal paramter or thinking, on the base of which they think that other blogger is a successful blogger!!

Lost and Found
Lost and Found
from Pune
12 years ago

Honestly, a successful blogger is one who writes only for the joy of writing. Once you start writing for yourself, the content is clearer and better. It becomes like a mirror to your soul and such writing attracts readers who understand what you feel and what goes into your posts. Once that is done, you will obviously have more readers and genuine ones at that. Indirank etc is not so important. I know a lot of amazing bloggers who are not even enlisted on the Indiblogger network. They have no way of promoting their writing and their posts usually have very few comments. But they still continue to write awesome posts and I continue to read them religiously. These writers (I can't call them bloggers) have a niche segment of readers and I'd love to have that. I'd consider myself very successful if I manage to achieve that.

Sunita Biddu
Sunita Biddu
from Gurgaon
8 years ago

Successful bloggers --> Who can successfully convey his/her thoughts expressing the right way and can make the first time reader come again.. and again.. and again.. because the thoughts or content shared actually made a difference. When it starts making the difference in others life, it brings name, fame, money, fortune and eventually starts making a big difference in bloggers' life as well. 

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

I don't know about successful blogger, but a HUGELY successful blogger should have the name: Destination Infinity Tongue out

Subroto
Subroto
from Brisbane
8 years ago

What defines success?

Sometimes a blogger may only be using blogging as a medium of expression.  Therefore to that person their blog is a success.  To those who measure it by number of visits, an increased hit count denotes success.  To those who monitize, it is about the revenue they earn.   There are bloggers who have gone on to book deals, appearances and a cult following.  But in the end it could be just one thing, people visit a blog because of the quality of the work.  Then again, different strokes for different folks, we all go based on our personal choice.  I looked up labnol and while it must be tremendously successful, it is not really a blog I'd read but for a tech blogger it probably serves as an inspiration. 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Good clean taxable income with consistent growth and eventually becoming a media company/online publication. 

Subroto
from Brisbane
8 years ago

Tech blogs seem to be dime a dozen and most are not even original.  Many seem to have the same source for their content.  It will be hard to become a media company when the existing ones are already in that field.  The same seems to be the case with fashion blogs.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Oh yes. Had I started in 2005, I probably would have had a much better credibility and success. I really wish the tech blogs with saturated content goes down considerably, but that's just wishful thinking.There is a problem with those who write expert reviews with no products in hand- or copy from other sources despite getting products. I got two of them recently, and honestly it doesn't seem companies care as long as their report making responsibilities are taken care of.  In a way, a large amount of such bloggers along with saturated writers have degraded tech blogging as a whole. But if you can captivate the general audience and make them come back to read your content, that's the best.  

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Echoing on Sorc, lots of money out of which tax can be paid so that our netas can wasteFoot in mouth 

But nothing gives more satisfaction than seeing 500 visitors online at any time on GA Smile

Yes. Even when I see a single vistor on GA, I go crazy and check everything about the visitor, where he is from, which device he is using..blah blah blah.....#SmallJoysOfLife Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

+10000K 

and when someone digs up a 2 year old post, it is all the more rewarding Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

@Sorc off topic Sorc are you paying TDS on payments made to hosts and other expenditure incured on entities situated abroad ?

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

TDS payment made to hosts? Well, if I earn money then it does get counted during income tax filing. Service tax for affiliate sales from Indian sites are now deducted at source. To be fair, if I got to save that money, I could have probably bought a camera slider and a microphone. That would have been awesome though.  

LockSign in to reply to this thread