Blog awards- Do you have any idea how it all works?

Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I have been seeing blogs that have managed to bag some great awards; congratulations to those of you who have achieved this.

• I was getting curious to know, how all these giving and taking awards work?
  • Who are the ones who is authorized to give the awards?
  • How much does these awards really mean? (Apart from being happy about the pampering one gets!)

Examples: Lovely blogger award, Versatile award, etc

Any information that you provide on this topic will be a relief for this curious cat!

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending

Well, these awards are passed on from a person who recives it.

Suppose if a person X is given an award, so he is now supposed to pass this award to some other bloggers, say 10-15 other bloggers. So, he/she passes this or awards 10-15 other people whom he/she think deserves it. It's a whole cycle/chain which keeps on going.

No one actually needs any kind of authorization. It's a way of showing how much you like someone's blog. And a way to let  your readers know, the blogs that you like. 

Getting this award is actually a thing of being happy and feeling proud. It helps your blog readers to know the blogs you like. It helps in the readership of the blog you just awarded. And this also actually encourages the person awarded to write more!

Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks for the info Ritvik. I know it's a huge inspiration for any blogger to get any kind of appreciation. And all these tiny little awards will definately boost the confidence.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

As for myself, without affecting the sentiments of others and of the award creators, I wish to say that I never liked them. They do boost the confidence of new bloggers but in the long run, one would realise that they aren't really significant because everyone is going to receive them one day or the other, thanks to the exponential distribution of the awards.

I agree. But to the new bloggers, It's actually a great boost!

Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Yes Ranjith, I agree with you. I think these awards are just randomly distributed. Most of the times for the sake of friendship or just because the chain has to go on!

But yes, as Ritvik says its very much inspiring for newbies.

May be a part of the readers will be influenced by these award displays on blogs with or without the knowledge of the importance of these awards. This might become an advantage for the award winner to boost traffic to the blog to some extent.

LockSign in to reply to this thread