Petrol price hike ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I believe if rumours are to be believed Rs 6.25 upto Rs 7.00 per litre petrol price hike will be effected from midnight today.  So if one fills up tonight they will end up saving the same.  RBI has been totally ineffective in curbing the menace of depreciating rupee, which is easy.  They have to take a decision to hike interest rate of  FCNR dollar deposits from 4 to 6% so that dollars will flood into the country.  If one strengthens the rupee, obviously we would not have to pay increased price of petrol.

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending

only motto, badhe chalo, badhe chalo, asmaan choone ko taiyaar hain hum, badhe chalo. naam humaaraa petrol, 

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I am sure Petrol price will cross 100 within a few months

Maybe that'll motivate us to start using poolcars to office, or take the bus sometimes - for all those who love to drive in their own car.

That'll help the environment i guess and will also be gentle on the pockets. Smile

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Pooling is a good idea whose time has come

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

This is not a feasible solution for professionals like us. We tried it several times. While the time of going to office is same, we could never match the returning time

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Positive thought .

@animesh: Take the bus. Tongue out

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Xeno, as I pointed out earlier, barring few cities, public transportation is in a very bad shape in India and Pune is one of those unfortunate cities where you cant have a good public transportation. I would have been the first person to say that had it been possible here.

oh! Frown

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I second Xeno. might be a boon afterall.. but yaar... maine naya naaya petrol car kharida .. ab soch raha hoon ki diesel hi kharid lete... :-( 

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Even i regret buying a petrol car, it will fetch no re sale value with such increases

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I remember there was a sudden jump in diesel car market and then government was trying to  hike diesel prices also. 

Cutomer at Petrol Pump: Petrol de do!

Attendent: Kitne ka doun?

Customer: Rs 10 ka.

Attendent: Bas?

Customer: Haan, Bike jalane ke liye kaafi hai... Tongue out

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Ghomna phirna kum ho jayega

Now we really need someone to take the initiative and build a vehicle that runs on water, or carbon dioxide, or maybe just nothing. :p

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

So that water can be taxed or priced?

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

So that water can be taxed or priced?

Thank you for even imagining that such a vehicle can be built in the first place. Smile

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Research is already on by SHELL to run cars on water, but they don t want to release it.

WealthuCreate
WealthuCreate
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Not Sure which direction we are heading... Rupee vs Dollar. it touched 56 we still say India Shining and rising econonmy? Rupee need to strengthen first.

Now the petrol Hike... Unless alternative fuel is not encouraged, there is not point thinking about petrol hikes. Hike in petrol means, everything else becomes expensive. Govt should encourage and give subsidy for people who use govt buses, additional benefit for people who use electric car.

We are just trying to fix the system, what i needed is comple over haul. A change in system. Do you agree?

regards

wealthucreate(wUc)

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I believe Indian economy strives on black marketing right from the time british vacated the country.  Just look at dollar appreciation, air fare increases, commodity price hike, gold price zooming, real estate bubble, etc.

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I don't think petrol hike means everything else becomes costlier, it is linked with diesel. But yes, this kind of price hike is not justified specially when public transportation is in a pity state in India

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Price of petrol is Rs 63 and Rs 65 in Goa and Port Blair respectively.  The price of the same in metros are Delhi 73, Chennai 77, Kolkatta 78 , Mumbai 79 and Blore 82.  It obviously mean state Govt. taxes the commodity @ Rs 20 plus per litre.

Time for a vacation to Goa or Port Blair. Cool

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Pune - 80

Mischief Manager
Mischief Manager
from Gandhinagar
11 years ago
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Good one Harshal i read the article

Mischief Manager
Mischief Manager
from Gandhinagar
11 years ago

Thanks umesh Cool

Shashiprakash Saini
Shashiprakash Saini
from Navimumbai
11 years ago
आग पेट्रोल में लगा के

http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=142584

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I think posting links here should not be counted as shamelss self-promotion as it is relevant to the thread. Here is my take: -

Rs. 7.50

Mischief Manager
from Gandhinagar
11 years ago

awesome :D

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@Animesh i agree that is why i did not raise any objections, good post Saini

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@ Animesh good post titled 7.50, we have reached the brink of bad governance, i hope Narendra modi makes a good PM in the next election

Shashiprakash Saini
from Navimumbai
11 years ago

thnx umesh

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I believe now second hand petrol cars will be sold dirt cheap, those who have amibition of buying a car would be fulfilled by this move of the govt.  Owners who have bought petrol cars would mull the alternative of switching over to gas

LockSign in to reply to this thread