Referencing in blogs: important?

Varun
Varun
from Perth
14 years ago

Referencing texts is some pain for all reseach students, but is it really important to ref texts/links in our blogs as well?

we do ref pictures by adding a 'pic courtesy ' under the pic but what about posts? I feel it is imp but also feel it wouldn't make an interesting read. how do you guys around this?

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
14 years ago

I would  summarise the text and provide a link to the entire text at the end. 

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Yes, it is Varun. For example, if I take inspiration from any one of your posts or the one which is unique to yourself and write something about it, I have to give you the credits. This may not be the case in a very general topic.

I dont think crediting some one makes a blog post uninteresting to read. If you do simply copy paste, then its a different story. Then you need to as Adarsh said. But when you counter view it or support it, its always good to give reference to the originator.

Referencing to internet sources will give a big boost to your Google PR rank, if nothing else.

The way PR is acalculated, if you link to a blog or website with high PR rank, you blog/website's PR rank will also shoot up.

LockSign in to reply to this thread