Happy 5th Anniversary, IndiBlogger!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

This Independence day, IndiBlogger and all its members are going to celebrate five years of existence. Some have come early and some have come just a few days back, but we are all a part of this great platform. So, let's cebebrate this event by sharing our thoughts about IndiBlogger, the journey here, the difference it has made to our lives and anything else that we feel is appropriate. And any presents for IB: a small poem, an art or something innovative......? Smile

(Can you decode the message hidden behind those 1's and 0's? Smile)

And here are a few stats or achievements of IndiBlogger (hopefully correct)

• Number of registered bloggers: 47 058 (might include those whose blogs has been rejected, not sure:  see number of blogs below)
  • Number of registered blogs: 29 042
  • Number of posts submitted on Indivine: 1 64 548
  • Number of forum threads: 13 603
  • Number of contests held: 32
  • Number of IndiMeets held: 58
  • Number of archived chat messages: 1 83 781
  • Addons: IndiBadges: 30+15+4  Widhets: 3 Browser Extensions: 3
  • Number of posts on IndiBlog: 122
  • Twitter followers: 6 179
  • Facebook followers: 8 388
  • Number of IndiRank updates: ? 

(If you feel that something more can be added, do state it in your reply)

If you have any screenshots of some special pages on Indi, (IndiBlogger's home page when it was first launched and so on) do share them in your reply. The links will be updated below:

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: added information
1-20
21-25
Replies 1 to 20 of 25 Descending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

That is quite an analysis, Ranjith. Well Done :) And Isnt that a portrait sketch of Renie? Amazing! You should definitely be running an art blog! Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I must be thankful to God that someone had identified the person in that photograph! (I though that none would be able to do so...Sealed) An art blog (of random strokes and lines which need not mean something) has been there on my list since a few months ago.

And, would you try to find the encoded message in those colourful 0's and 1's..... Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Ranjith, the IndiComplicator Tongue out I have been staring at that encoded picture for the last 10 minutes with no apparent success and if I continue to stare at it for a few minutes more, I fear I will turn color blind Tongue out How about assigning that task to Renie himself? Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Colour blind! ?#$^ Sealed

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

And about my journey here, it definitely feels great to contribute a small addition (cant say of its value though Tongue out) towards the humongous statistical achievement add-ups of this wonderful platform, IndiBlogger Smile

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
11 years ago

You do not look a day over 4!

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Though I have been with Indi for 4 of the 5 years, my blogging has begun to revolve around Indi for the last 6-8 months. I have done 37 posts for 15 contests out of the 32 conducted by Indi. Finally won prizes in 3 contests as well.

Finally attended a meet as well. Somehow was too overhwhelmed meeting my blogger friends that I could not catch up with the Indi organizers at the meet.

Enjoyed both chat and forum and now been made Indipolice as well. Before I know it I have become a complete Indiblogger and I have a whole set of friends due to indi. So I guess I definitely have lot to thank them for.

And now hope the new publishing initiative with harper collins turns out to be something to thank them for once again.

Ranjani Narayanan
Ranjani Narayanan
from BANGALORE
11 years ago

Nice data updates, Ranjith. Happy to know many bloggers through indiblogger.com. Best wishes to all the bloggers!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Thank you :)

umashankar pandey
umashankar pandey
from Bhopal
11 years ago

Wishing a Happy Anniversary to my favourite blogging platform. I don't remember it correctly but I am sure I have been a member of Indiblogger for more than 3 years now. I will remain grateful forever for the exposure and many beautiful writers I have met here. Lately though, I have been witnessing continued hijacking of Indivine by an annoying bunch of fake characters. It is my request to the powers that be to restrict post submissions to 2 and post promotions to 50 per 24 hours. I honestly believe it is impossible to write more than 2 posts, unless of course one were a Fareed Zakaria, or read more than 50 posts per day.   

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago
we already have a discussion of it...... and btw if you have a day off and you reading only comic entries ....... I think I can cross 50
umashankar pandey
umashankar pandey
from Bhopal
11 years ago

@Yatin Khurana: Apparently, your 'discussion' didn't stop the abuse of the platform and that is why I am saying that. 

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago
('~') but it did gave a reason as to why your method is not that effective ........ *peace *
Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hearty congratulation to the best platform for Indian bloggers. Two years of happy journey with you ... lots of success and looking forward for more. 

Aditi Pathak
Aditi Pathak
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Happy 5th anniversary! Long live you guys and Indiblogger :D

tanaya nath parashar
tanaya nath parashar
from orissa
11 years ago

Happy anniversary indi

mahesh
mahesh
from chennai
11 years ago

Happy Anniversary or Happy Fifth Birthday Smile and looking forward to the gala opening of the harper-collins publishing platform!!!!Laughing

Sumit Nangia
Sumit Nangia
from Pune
11 years ago

Happy Anniversary Indi. Way to go. Keep up the good work Renie. With all these contests raining cats and dogs, and now this oppotunity for the bloggers to get published,it's an unmatched exquisite initiative in the blogosphere. Hope Indi reaches great heights soon in the future.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Great thread Ranjith especially the hand drawn image of Renie and also digging out all those stats!! Many congratulations to Indiblogger and to the Inditeam for completing 5 glorious years and still going from strength to strength. I have been with Indiblogger for close to 3 years now and it has been a great journey. Seen it all... Joys, happiness, heartbreaks, controversies, fun, fights... Thanks.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Smile

Akshay Kumar G
Akshay Kumar G
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Happy 5th Anniversary, IndiBlogger. Thank you for being the lifeline to my blog. Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Am touched... thank you all! Embarassed Smile

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
You will have to solve that code of which Ranjith speaks off!!!
Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Someone has already solved it :P

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

@ Captain I myself didn't observe it! Smile Was that really solved or was it accidental? Wink

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I am sure it was not accidental as most of the people don't even know that it's binary language.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

@CA Do you mean I am sure it was accidental as most of the people don't even know that it's binary language.

Medha Kapoor
Medha Kapoor
from Delhi
11 years ago

Happy Anniversary Indi!Getting more and more addicted to this platform each passing day. :) 

happy anniversary IB... Its been a great learning platform and a place of writing opportunities.. have not been able to make the most of it but this year defnitely hope to do more and grow more with the ever green IB...

Nextgen
Nextgen
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Happy Anniversary IB Team :)

The Nameless One
The Nameless One
from Mumbai
11 years ago

someone please post the pics of the awesome cake and the sweet card given yesterday in the Mumbai meet please

Vijay Pashte
Vijay Pashte
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Happy 5th Anniversary Indiblogger team..!! IB's Mumabi Meet was really a blast..!!! Great experience..!!! Thanks a lot..!!!

1-20
21-25
LockSign in to reply to this thread