Blog Commenting Tribe - Anyone Interested to join

Surendra Shukla
Surendra Shukla
from Indore
11 years ago

I am  hoping to make a blog commenting tribe. I am looking for 5-10 members. Please let me know if anyone interested to join my commenting tribe.

What is commenting tribe - It is a group of bloggers who promote other blogs on the tribe by leaving "quality" comments.

Benefits - Comments give your blog the required social status. it tells the visitor that it is a popular blog. Getting comments to a new blog is challenge and commenting tribe is great solution.

How it works - Make a group of preferebly 10 bloggers. Then let each other know when you post a new article. Then other 9 members will visit the blog and leave a "quality" comment.

What is a quality comment - Anything related to the article. "thanks for sharing", "great post" etc is not quality comments.

Pit-fall - Only pit fall is the lack of professionalism. If you are intending to become a member of the tribe then make sure you are commenting it promtly.

If intesrested then let me know. The commenting tribe is a great way of promoting new blogs.

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Missed info
1-20
21-26
Replies 1 to 20 of 26 Descending

nice idea, 

Nitisha Pandey
Nitisha Pandey
from Jamshedpur
11 years ago

I'd like to join the tribe Surendra. Please let me know more details on this. 

Thanks,

Nitisha

Surendra Shukla
Surendra Shukla
from Indore
11 years ago

Pramod - I hope you are also interested to join in? Please confirm.

Nitisha - Let us wait for one day and let's see how many members are interested to join. Once I have 5-10 members then I will arrange for next step of communication and TOS for the group. Thank you for showing interest.

Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I am interested and want to join this tribe... by the way great name- commenting tribe!!!

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Is this tribe a scheduled one? Will I be eligible for reservations in education and jobs if I join?

Damyanti
Damyanti
from Singapore
11 years ago

Sounds like a great idea. Triberr.com uses something similar -- only it combines the tweet-power of bloggers, instead of commenting prowess.

Surendra Shukla
Surendra Shukla
from Indore
11 years ago

In all honesty, it is not my original idea. The blog commenting tribe is a existing method for ages - just google it. Comments are very important part of any blog. When a new visitors comes to your blog and see exsting 5-6 comments then he or she is also inclined to comment. Challenge is to get initial few comments and this commenting tribe can help us.

Who do we have in this tribe then - Damyanti are you in?

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

To be frank, this idea sounds phoney to me. Consider a real world example. Say you are joining college - you do not know anyone and it is necessary to make friends. But would you go anouncing that you want to form a friendship circle and randomly 10 people join and become friends? What happens is you interact with people - find people with similar interests and slowly your circle grows. I think it is the same with blogging. You visit blogs and comment. People visit you back and with some a relationship is established, with some it is not and over a period of time a natural circle evolves. 

Damyanti
Damyanti
from Singapore
11 years ago

I can give this a shot yes, but not if the tribe is bigger than 15 people, and posts a lot. I find I can comment on 10-15 blogs a day without feeling guilty about wasting time, but that's the limit.

Surendra Shukla
Surendra Shukla
from Indore
11 years ago

Damayanti - I will not include more than 5-8 bloggers.

The Sorcerer - You are entitled to your opinion, but using words such as your quote above is utterly insensitive and rude. Do not bring race (indians) into the discussion. google "blog commenting tribe" and you will learn it is not an "Indian" idea, rather you are being ignorant for so long. Please do yourself another faor and search "herd mentality"  and try to understand how to use herd mentality in marketing (or rather blog marketing).

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
11 years ago

That's because reality is that I see a lot of Indian bloggers doing plagiarism, faux promotion, voting amongst themselves and now this. Unfortunately its because of antics like this genuine bloggers are not able to step up and be noticed easily unless they follow the same garbage that everyone has been doing. I am not being insensitive or rude- and why would I not talk about my own race? I belong to the same race and live with the same people and know about people in general. Whenever a rule is made, they always to circumvent it. When there's something that shouldn't really be done, people find another way to satisfy themselves. Therefore we have more rules to reinforce more rules. Why do you think India has the biggest law book??? hmm???If people want to satisfy themselves with such tactics then I feel bad for them. Its not as bad as those who comment on their own blog or plagiarists, but its simply silly. There are even SEO bloggers who even suggested that to promote one's blog, one should create an ID with fake name/email address on forums with the genre as relevant as your blog and put comments. I guess that explains the way these stock market guys work..Bloggers are supposed to make their work appeal to the odd crowd by doing promotion and sharing on their own. People don't comment because- simply put it- there's nothing to comment about- or you are not promoting your content to the right crowd. Why can't bloggers over here can't get their priorities straight?? Bloggers will end up wasting time on what kind of quality garbage to write on someone else's blog which they may or may not like- worse even hate it. All the more, blogging/writing isn't for everyone. Sorry to say but some people ought to polish their skills rather than finding ways to re-write/ plagiarise/ vote for eachother/ write biased articles/ sellout their readership/ sell their subscriber's email address to advertising agencies/ comment on their own blog with different names/ comment on eachother's blogs. You do all this and you end up not growing your skills. You should rather grow your skills, improve your style of writing, work on SEO and promotion, social networking, getting ways to generate quality content, have equally good hosting services and CDN. There are very handful of potential bloggers because most of you guys are planning on doing silly things like this. If you can't take criticism either and rather using "rude" or "insensitive" or "Race" card who belongs to the same race to bury a point, you failed. Reality is that people here are finding ways to promote eachother without reading and all that. Now "quality" comment spam. Its obvious everybody is going to lick eachother rather than criticise if there anything to criticise because if they don't, they wont get quality comments. Why would anyone bite the hand that feeds their ego, yes? People are having "game plan" to comment on eachother's blogs. Ha!

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Super Like your reply Sorc. Instead of wasting time on activities like these it would be better if they spent it on polishing their writing skills.
Akshay Kumar G
Akshay Kumar G
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Its a nice idea, may get boring and tedious in the long run but its worth a shot. There are cynics and ignorants everywhere, but that shouldn't stop us from what we want to do. So go ahead. :)

Looks interesting.. Would love to join in.. In fact its good initiative for new bloggers because that ways atleast yoy are happy someone is reading you. There have been times when I have felt why is no one reading me. Helping in a group helps you grow together. .. I am in for it.

Sachin Dixit
Sachin Dixit
from Gurgaon, NCR
11 years ago

I am also interested in being part of this tribe!!

Siddharth Gupta
Siddharth Gupta
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Really interested to join :)

Surendra Shukla
Surendra Shukla
from Indore
11 years ago

Guys and Gals, Thank you for your response. I have following confirmed names. I welcome all to this group. We are 9 members which is the number I was looking at initially.

Nitisha PandeSurendra ShuklaMedhaRomi RaoDamyantiAkshay Kumar GManjulika PramodSachin DixitSiddharth Gupta

Next Step - I will send you all individual message. Do check your Indi mail in next 24 hours. I will explain my game plan in this e-mail. Thank you again.

Damyanti
Damyanti
from Singapore
11 years ago

Surendra, looks good. I suggest we also follow each other on twitter, that way we could RT each others' posts we like on twitter as well. As long as we are honest in our comments, and give as well as receive, we should be fine. I've been running two blogs for the last 4 years, and loads of naysayers have come and gone in the meanwhile -- so if we're positive, this could work out in the long run.

Siddharth Gupta
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I agree with Damyanti. Twitter,Facebook,Google Plus,we should be using all social networks

Surendra Shukla
Surendra Shukla
from Indore
11 years ago

Damyanti, great idea. Let us first connect and then make rules of engagement.

So - I will first add all to IB network and please you also do the same. Then I will ask for personal e-mails adn from there we can interact over the e-mails which is going to far convenient.

Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I see some innovative ideas already popping up!

Thanks for considering me Surendra.

Cheers to the team.

Srikanth Tirupattur
Srikanth Tirupattur
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Room for one more? Laughing

D Gowardhan
D Gowardhan
from Raigarh
11 years ago

good idea dude,